Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The latest on Albert Huggins, including his thoughts on Clemson's 2015 class
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: The latest on Albert Huggins, including his thoughts on Clemson's 2015 class

Jul 24, 2014, 4:30 PM

The latest on Albert Huggins, including his thoughts on Clemson's 2015 class

Four star defensive lineman Albert Huggins made the trip to Georgia last week and hopes to visit Florida in the future, but Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney are making sure that Huggins knows he is still on their minds. What does he say about the Georgia trip? What does he think of Clemson's 2015 class? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6'4" 280? I think he's going to be a DT in college***

Jul 24, 2014, 4:37 PM

Re: 6'4" 280? I think he's going to be a DT in college***

Jul 24, 2014, 5:15 PM

I think he wants to be a defensive end. I vote to keep him happy.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 24, 2014, 5:30 PM

I think the coaches prefer to call him a "versatile" defensive lineman.

Jul 24, 2014, 5:43 PM

If he wants to be a DE end he can be, but he will have to live in the weight room and watch his diet b/c if he don't at 6'4" 280, he will be well over 300 in a short while. Average weight for Pro FB DEs at his height and weight is around 260/270 I think, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2014, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: 6'4" 280? I think he's going to be a DT in college*** ]

SlumCoot , unlike that asphalt pothole in Columbia , our recruits can actually read , comprehend what they read and speak on it successfully. The kids Ball Cootch is recruiting are lucky if they can differentiate between Cocoa Puffs and rabbit shat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 24, 2014, 10:54 PM

And most of them really are unlucky.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2014, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: 6'4" 280? I think he's going to be a DT in college*** ]

Let him be a defensive end.

Re: New Story: The latest on Albert Huggins, including his thoughts on Clemson's 2015 class

Jul 24, 2014, 4:45 PM

He sounds very level headed. He says all the right things. I hope he's mature as he sounds.
Would love to have this gent in the family. Go Tigers

Re: New Story: The latest on Albert Huggins, including his thoughts on Clemson's 2015 class

Jul 24, 2014, 10:56 PM

Indeed he does! Very impressive, and I especially like the part about him praying about it. His values line up with Dabo, out team and so many of our fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2014, 4:47 PM

Sounds like a Clemson man.

Good read. Sounds like he's already part of our class

Jul 24, 2014, 4:48 PM

After spending time with the 2015 commits and seeing the types of prospects that Clemson is bringing in, Huggins knows what a special class he could be a part of.

“They are great. Clemson has been putting in work,” he said. “They are getting set to go to a championship - that's their plan. How does their recruiting class look? That's what they're doing - this 2015 class is a great class. To me, there's never going to be a class like this again. I can't see it. There are so many d-linemen that are coming out of South Carolina that are just beasts. Then we also have the skill players, they're doing a great job, too. The 2015 class, we are ready. Let's go baby. We've got work to put in. This is going to be one of the greatest classes ever.”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking the same thing.***

Jul 24, 2014, 5:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Good read. Sounds like he's already part of our class

Jul 24, 2014, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Good read. Sounds like he's already part of our class ]

I hope it works out to be the greatest TEAM ever, other wise this class ranking won't live up to matching its ranking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2014, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Good read. Sounds like he's already part of our class ]

I thought the same at first, but I believe he is referring to the entire 2015 class in general. Not just Clemson's class.

Jul 24, 2014, 6:27 PM

Huggins to Clemson.

Moving on .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 24, 2014, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Good read. Sounds like he's already part of our class ]

And then he goes to UGA. Hope I'm wrong.

He said that after he returned from UGA***

Jul 24, 2014, 11:26 PM

Clemson

Jul 26, 2014, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Good read. Sounds like he's already part of our class ]

You are not a Clemson fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 24, 2014, 5:10 PM

Albert, take it from an old timer, there is nothing like these hills. Make your visits and then come on home the Family is waiting.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on home Mr. Huggins. Best decision you can make for

Jul 24, 2014, 5:12 PM

yourself is to come to Clemson. If we can land Huggins and McCloud, this class has a chance to be very special. Not that this class isn't already, but throw those 2 guys in, and it's two more true play maker's on both sides of the ball.

I hope 75% of our recruits (out of staters) don't read this.***

Jul 24, 2014, 5:43 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope 75% of our recruits (out of staters) don't read this.***

Jul 24, 2014, 9:07 PM

Read what?

Re: I hope 75% of our recruits (out of staters) don't read this.***

Jul 24, 2014, 9:41 PM

the part about going out of state and getting hurt and not getting support from the fan/alumni base afterwards.

Jul 24, 2014, 9:33 PM

Reading his quotes makes it sound like Georgia was fun but lacked what he's searching for. Clemson is home, and this is a race for Florida and to show him what we already have. He quotes, "I just want them to be family". He already has that with us, and has been to DV countless times. He's a Tiger lock as long as we continue to show him love. Having a top tier D this year, and everyone remaining healthy won't hurt us one bit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2014, 9:45 PM

Not worried about Albert at all.

If we close this class out with Huggins, Settle and Bailey I'll be stoked. Heck we could not get anymore commits and I'd still be stoked.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jul 24, 2014, 10:30 PM

That might be the heaviest finish to a class in CU history.

I think we are his leader even though

Jul 24, 2014, 11:28 PM

He won't say that publicly. This kid has been visiting us since he was a sophomore and has built good relationships with our staff, players and current commits. I just think it's going to be hard for other schools to build the kind of relationship he has with our staff. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely possible but very slim chance it happens as long as we stay on him. Just factoring in the relationship, the fact that we are losing all of our starters after this season, close to home and the great athletes we have committed to us so far I just don't see him going anywhere else.

Re: I think we are his leader even though

Jul 25, 2014, 8:56 AM

Another thing working in favor of a commitment from Huggins is that Georgia has a couple of other DL that are favoring the Dawgs, namely Thompson, who I believe is a top 2 DL in the country. Thompson just named Georgia as his leader. The Dawgs aren't likely working Huggins as hard as Dabo. I don't know if Albert would be an oversign for UGA if they get a commit from Thompson, so watch the Thompson commitment and if he goes Georgia then Albert is definitely a Tiger.

Re: I think we are his leader even though

Jul 26, 2014, 3:36 AM

wrong....we just dismiss a RS Soph DL in John Taylor. UGA will sign around 30. We'll take Thompson and Huggins as well as Sweat if we can. We have plenty of room and besides......UGA is his dream offered!

Laffed at dabo's ....."what if you get hurt" line.....Richt has a long history of taking care of his players. Albert has little to worry about in that area of concern.

Huggins sounds like he's already a part of our class

Jul 26, 2014, 11:31 AM

“They are great. Clemson has been putting in work,” he said. “They are getting set to go to a championship - that's their plan. How does their recruiting class look? That's what they're doing - this 2015 class is a great class. To me, there's never going to be a class like this again. I can't see it. There are so many d-linemen that are coming out of South Carolina that are just beasts. Then WE also have the skill players, they're doing a great job, too. The 2015 class, WE are ready. Let's go baby. We've got work to put in. This is going to be one of the greatest classes ever.

Clemson

Jul 26, 2014, 9:39 AM

Pull The Trigger!!!!

Jul 26, 2014, 10:24 AM

Superdung51 convince anyone else but himself ?

Yeah , didn't think so.
Tiger Lock.

DB23

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic