Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts from a Georgia fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,943

Thoughts from a Georgia fan

Aug 31, 2014, 8:57 AM

First of all, thanks for letting me hang out here for the better part of the last two years. It's been fun learning more about Clemson's program. Pretty good group you have over here.

Now to the game. Here's what I saw:

1) Stoudt was about what I expected. He throws a really nice ball and had a couple of amazing completions early on, but he, like any other QB is effected by pressure. Pruitt really dialed it up in the second half and that was the difference in the game.

2) DJ nor CJ are the answer at RB. Chad is going to need to trust one of those FR to get the running game going.

3) Crawford was a big loss for this game. His ability to set the edge in the run game was sorely missed.

4) Joe Gore will be ok. He got abused last night by a very talented pass rusher, but it won't be like that everygame.

Lastly, keep your head up T-net. Go out there and beat Crab-boy then lay a whuppin on the Coots for me!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love nothing more than to beat crab boy and the

Aug 31, 2014, 8:58 AM

coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Your #3 is bigger than some realize...***

Aug 31, 2014, 8:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the classy post. Do us a favor

Aug 31, 2014, 9:00 AM

Don't take it easy on the coots. Unleash Gurley on them early and often!! Good luck!

Re: Thanks for the classy post. Do us a favor

Aug 31, 2014, 9:54 AM

Agreed ! For the past 5 years, we've needed somebody
to whip the " coots" for us. We sure can't !
By the way, I've heard Dabo is complaining that
Jawga cheated. He wanted to ride the team bus around
Sanford stadium 3 times but Jawga claimed that this
would create traffic problems. Dirty dogs.

Pruitt has Chad's number-y'all made a good hire there*****

Aug 31, 2014, 9:04 AM

Thanks soco

Aug 31, 2014, 9:18 AM

Win and lose with class. I agree with all the points you made.....I think the field position battle was the biggest aspect of this game. Hard to get anything going starting from the 5 every drive

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vanilla playcalling

Aug 31, 2014, 9:21 AM

Was the biggest problem for us yesterday. We did absolutely nothing on offense to give ourselves a chance to win in the 2nd half.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vanilla playcalling

Aug 31, 2014, 9:48 AM

Ga. Loaded the box blitzed on every other down and we didn't even attempt to throw the long ball but maybe twice.
Sorry play calling the whole second half. Player changes are needed or it's going to be a long year.

Good points

Aug 31, 2014, 9:21 AM

CJ did better than I thought. He is serviceable. Howard is not. Gallman is the best RB but he is poor picking up LBs in pass protection, almost whiffed on two or three plays.
Setting the edge has been BV weakness for awhile. It's an alignment issue. However, our LB took awful angles most all nite and couldn't get in front of your RBs. Pathetic.
Gore is not ever going to be more than what he showed. He has marginal feet and is weak in his upper body. We have zero options because Dabo has never emphasized the OL recruiting until this year.

Gurley is the next AP. Most impressive RB I've seen in a long time. Your kicking game was fantastic. We have Pearman coaching our ST so we are stuck in suck mode until that changes.

Beat USuC in Columbia and the Division is yours.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good points

Aug 31, 2014, 2:28 PM

>
> Gurley is the next AP. Most impressive RB I've seen
> in a long time. Your kicking game was fantastic. We
> have Pearman coaching our ST so we are stuck in suck
> mode until that changes.
>
> Beat USuC in Columbia and the Division is yours.

I have to agree with you there. Gurley is special. He possesses elite balance and vision, while having gamebreaking speed all in a 225 lb package. This could be an all time type season if he stays healthy.

As for the special teams, I feel your pain. UGA's kicking game sucked last few years but an infusion of new blood on the staff has turned that right around.

BEAT THE COOTS!***

Aug 31, 2014, 2:55 PM

The euphoria around UGa FB is defacto respect for Clemson

Aug 31, 2014, 4:00 PM

Which I appreciate, but Uga still has some weaknesses.

UGa should run 90% of the time. Mason ain't very good, and the OL doesn't pass block half as well as they run block.

Gurley and also Chubb can make a decent running game without the OL doing much more than being in the way.

All that said, I expect you all should roll the coots, and I hope you do. The SEC East is there for the taking.

Also, Pruitt isn't getting paid enough. I had thought in his first game he wouldn't be familiar enough with the personnel to make a big difference. I was half right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,943
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic