Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning, how was everbody's Thursday?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Good morning, how was everbody's Thursday?

Sep 23, 2016, 6:37 AM

Mine was great cause I got to meet otisman and we beat GT! It's awful nice of them to paint the initials for Go Tigers in the middle of their field.

Also got a text of a pig of me pregame from TOTE1 and then later spoke to Crump on TOTE1's behalf. This means TOTE1 probably won't be back...ever.

Got in at 2:00 this morning and will be returning to bed soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watched first half with my aunt and uncle. Second half at

Sep 23, 2016, 6:52 AM

my house. currently recovering with Imodium.

Not really sure why the ban of TOTE1 is still ongoing. What's the point of banning a scok if you don't ban all of them?

It's crump's way of putting his foot down without...

Sep 23, 2016, 9:59 AM

really doing anything. He no what he doin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning, how was everbody's Thursday?

Sep 23, 2016, 7:33 AM

What county are you in tonight?

Greenville, just before you get to TR***

Sep 23, 2016, 10:25 AM

Re: Good morning, how was everbody's Thursday?

Sep 23, 2016, 7:42 AM

Watched game. Got hammered. In O'Hare airport. Have today off, but still have to fly home.

That sums it up.

awful, we only scored 3 second half pts

Sep 23, 2016, 7:53 AM

--the mange

turrible! DW4 overthrew 26.3 recievers

Sep 23, 2016, 8:21 AM

munge.

but fer realz...
Good, 10U Softball (win)....then the game (win)...

Then this morning one of the youngins looks to have pink eye. dayum

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was a good time at the game.

Sep 23, 2016, 9:27 AM

GA tech fans were decent overall. Only 1 guy, when we drove onto campus, yelled "#### you!"

So we pulled him into the truck and gang raped him. It was hilarious.

So is he your step brother now?

Sep 23, 2016, 9:29 AM

Not sure how that works with you people.

No, just frans on buttybook***

Sep 23, 2016, 9:31 AM

Well, after watching the game last night, I have concluded

Sep 23, 2016, 9:32 AM

* We're a good team, NOT a great team. That little something 'special' we had with the team last year is not there this year. The 2016 version of Clemson football is NOT a top 10 team at this point.

* We gifted GT a touchdown in the third quarter, and all on the back of youth mistakes from our defense and not because of something GT was doing right. That aside, we are very talented on that side of the ball, but we are going to see a few rookie mistakes from guys this year. The dumb mistakes are of the easily correctable type, and these young guys should get even better by the end of the year. This defense is impressive. We'll see just HOW impressive next weekend.

* Our offensive line is serviceable. And I don't mean that as a compliment....they're softer than last year, playing with less urgency. If I had to guesstimate the issue, they're lacking a true leader in that group. I know the talent is there, but they need someone from their group to step up.

* Watson is NOT the best QB in the country right now. Possibly not even top 5 in college football. I'm afraid that Watson is in Watson's head, and only Watson can fix that. It would not shock me if he continues like this the rest of the year, as the 'mentals' are hard to overcome and correct in-season. I don't buy the announcers week in and week out saying "Watson will be OK" because it's marketing hype. He is NOT the same QB this year and it's evident. Physically it's there, menatl focus-wise it's not.

* The play-calling was a lot better last night, and the fact that we could not convert a first down in the second half had little to do with play calling or GT's defense as much as it did with our lack of sync on that side of the ball.

* All in all, I'll take it since Bobby Dodd has not been kind to Clemson as of late, but at this point it is my opinion that I'm seeing a Peach Bowl level team that might get lucky and crack the top 10 in the final poll.

Sorry friends, but my Thursday really WAS kind of Mangey.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOOO THIS MAN. BOOOOO. BOOOOOO!

Sep 23, 2016, 9:37 AM

On all of the above I say maybe, we'll find out saturday the next.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#ACCFTS

I applaud your Bowden-era optimism.***

Sep 23, 2016, 9:40 AM

Defense looks like they may be great, and be great for years

Sep 23, 2016, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Well, after watching the game last night, I have concluded ]

I'm not sure that I fault Watson as much as our receivers. I don't feel that he trusts them, and as far as I can tell they aren't running good routes and aren't getting open. There just seems to be a lack of communication. And where as Artavis Scott gone? We really seem to be missing that elusive speedster who can make the big plays. It's not as much that our offense is playing bad, we're getting virtually no big plays and not a lot of yards after catch. We're really struggling to score and sustain long drives consistently. It's not just Watson, or the OL, everyone appears slower than last year on offense. But so far I think defenses have played smart against us, slow us down, keep everything in front, and let us stop ourselves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trust...that's what the announcers felt too.

Sep 23, 2016, 10:05 AM

That might be a part of it, but it does seem like Watson locks on one guy per game this year. Last night was Ray Ray night. There already should be that trust with Scott, but he's disappeared like you said. Mike Williams was the guy at Auburn, but not really since. He quietly had a good game last night, but was not a game breaker. Still, Watson just looks out of sync. I'm guessing it's the new Nike socks. Probably too padded and screwing with his balance.

concur re: Watson. Flashing the L signed sealed it

Sep 23, 2016, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Well, after watching the game last night, I have concluded ]

for me. That and a couple of wide open easy misses.

I live the guy. I pray he gets his head right very soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MONICA!!***

Sep 23, 2016, 11:04 AM

got hammered on King street in Charleston while trying

Sep 23, 2016, 11:15 AM

To avoid the droves of children out at the bars. Was mostly successful on all fronts. Watched the tigers play but do not remember many details from the second half. Now I'm recovering in the hotel praying there is a Bloody Mary in my future.

Go all tigers. Don't forget to pack your ibuprofen.

ROH

blind tiger has a mean bloody mary

Sep 23, 2016, 11:22 AM

page's puts bacon in it
home team has frozen white russians not on weekends

This is the kind of insider info I'm looking for.

Sep 23, 2016, 11:26 AM

Also, how is brunch at the shelter?

ROH

If you're staying dt, go to Rarebit for brunch and have the best Moscow Mule you've ever tasted.***

Sep 23, 2016, 11:27 AM

chicken and waffles i pretty baller too

Sep 23, 2016, 11:29 AM

huevos rancheros are my 2nd

Agree on both counts. Trax burger would be #3.***

Sep 23, 2016, 11:30 AM

rarebit is the fanciest diner i've ever been to***

Sep 23, 2016, 11:32 AM

it's pretty good and closer to my side of town

Sep 23, 2016, 11:31 AM [ in reply to This is the kind of insider info I'm looking for. ]

we could meat up and talk about Tiger football

I hear Bojangles has awesome steak biscuits.***

Sep 23, 2016, 11:36 AM [ in reply to This is the kind of insider info I'm looking for. ]

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic