Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 11, 2019, 7:53 AM

Friday, took the day off to head to Asheville. Hung out with Shorty and his wife. Lunch at Rocky's hot chicken, then did a factory tour the French Broad Chocolate place. They didn't have any Ommpaloompas. Then off to a book store and to look at some art, quick beer at Burial then to the Cody Jinks show. It was awesome. That fella puts on one hell of a show.

Saturday, up early to go to one of those gender reveal things. Got to spend time with my dad and had some pretty good food. Back home in time to see most of the Bama v LSU game.

Sunday, bought beer and cleaned gutters. For a one story house with a pretty short crawl space, I was terribly high in the air. I didn't get high enough to see the section that needs the most attention. Also I've gotta do something about the downspouts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had visitors in and out all weekend so that sucked. Ran up

Nov 11, 2019, 7:54 AM

the score on some wolfpuppies and that was fun.

6 of 8 puppies spoken for.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 11, 2019, 7:55 AM

Friday meh
Saturday...watched football and hungout at home.
Yesterday...drinking and eating out watching football all day.

That will be my next few weeks by the way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2019, 7:58 AM

Awfully nice at IOP Thur-Sun; beers were good at Two Blokes and EOBC, great seafood at Acme, The Refuge, and the Casa Sat nite. Purty good day of football with PSU, Bama, Coots going down and Tigers roaring! Did get into a kerfuffle with the mrs over constant remote control switching betweeen coot and Tiger games. The pissiness lasted well into Sunday....nevr know what will set them off.
Anyway, great Week.End had will all our friends, even tho the dishwasher was on the fritz....

Picked up a new lid, will add Paw to finish it up...

Nov 11, 2019, 8:10 AM

"You flip it so much, I never know what game we're watching"

Nov 11, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

Did you consider looking at the score graphic or the uniforms?

Kerfuffle ensues.

who's got time to read?

Nov 11, 2019, 1:28 PM

or pay attention?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

WifeofAyejoe this morning: "Oh i want to see this",

Nov 11, 2019, 1:35 PM

referring to the weather section of the morning news.

Immediately picks up phone and starts scrolling instasnapbook

Ayejoe: "I thought you wanted to see that."

WoA: "Oh ####, yeah."

Friday: Long

Saturday: Spent most of the day outside. Got the hog pit and burn barrels ready to go. Plan to make a test run at a Boston Butt over the coals sometime next weekend hopefully.

Sunday: Another day spent outside working on the pit.

Overall not bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Purdy Good

Friday after discussing the manliness to pellet smokers on here, I got inspired to fire up the ol’ PG500 and fix some chicken legs.

Saturday enjoyed the great outdoors on the business end of some loppers and a rake and watched Dabo intentionally humiliate poor Coach DD

Sunday family stuff then up to Asheville for pizza, beer, and knowledge at the Asheville Science Tavern hosted by White Labs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Good morning and thanks for asking.

Nov 11, 2019, 8:01 AM

Decent weekend. Tigers won. Lasterday night wasn’t awesome, but not everything can be perfect. Back at work on Monday for my on call week. Yay me.

Didn't work Friday

Nov 11, 2019, 8:03 AM

Hit Secession and Russell for crappie and bass. Did ok. Had breakfast for dinner and family movie night.

Saturday - Hunted from the kitchen window, saw 5, kids got their pictures taken with their cousins, celebrated Mom's birthday at Creekside.

Sunday - Church, McJr got a "free" ticket to #MonsterTruckz so we went to that. Only cost us $60, but did see some grade A mullets at Greenville-Pickens. Church in the evening.

Nov 11, 2019, 8:04 AM

Long ### weekend

Halloween - Closed on the new house. Went trick or treating with 20 month old. It was hot as hell so we only lasted about 3 houses. Went to new house and proceeded to remove builder flooring from first floor
Next 4 days - Proceeded to tear out old flooring, install new flooring, and install shoe molding.
Wednesday- Moved in all of our stuff from storage
Next 4 days - Starting installing fence posts. Took 3 days to put up all the posts. My lines are straight as an arrow. Started installing slats for the fence yesterday.

House is still an absolute #### show inside. 8month pregnant wife can't do much.

Back at work today after a week and a day off

I didn't touch any of the appliance/delivery issues we had

Please tell me you bought from Lowes

Nov 11, 2019, 8:06 AM

and wth dude, 8 months......musta slipped by I spose, congrats

Re: Please tell me you bought from Lowes

Nov 12, 2019, 11:44 AM

Yes. after the first sears delivery people sucked balls. Lowes experience was very pleasant.

I've got some nice pics of the driveway***

Nov 11, 2019, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very good

Nov 11, 2019, 8:06 AM

Friday - Baby girl came home for the weekend.

Saturday - DaughterOf#2 left town. I did the granddog duty. Clemson won. Two of the ROY's lost.

Sunday - I talked to an old Air Force buddy for a while. Maria got a call from a high school friend. We're going to plan a trip to celebrate all of our 60th's coming up this winter. You know, blue plate special, asleep by 8:30 kind of stuff. Viqueens won over the Cowturds.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yada yada yada, I'm really tired today

Nov 11, 2019, 8:10 AM

Not sure why, other than maybe being overserved some. Great day of football on Saturday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Still enjoying it!

Nov 11, 2019, 8:11 AM

So far, so good :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

so so: ball and bike, no boat or booty, sav82wife was out

Nov 11, 2019, 8:24 AM

of town. went riding with some friends yesterday it was purty dang chilly.

Nov 11, 2019, 8:45 AM

Friday: did some work around the house.

Saturday: helped a friend move. Repaid me with wings and beer. Went home and drank beers with ms midland and watched the Tigers destroy the Pack.

Sunday: total bum. Watched Shameless marathon and season premiere.

9/10.

A very fine weekend it 'twas indeed.

Nov 11, 2019, 8:50 AM

Friday, made a homemade pizza and drank a few beers, my pal that plays rhythm guitar and sings some came over and more beers were drunk and lots of tunes listened to.

Saturday, got up and drank coffee, walked pup, then headed to glorious Chester State Park for nephew's 3 year old son's birthday bash. Got to see some family from the in-law side that I enjoy seeing and hadn't for a while, and enjoyed riling up the coot vs. the App State factions of that side of the family. It's interesting because there are 4 App grads on that side, and no coot grads, just mouthy fans with no connection to the school, have never set foot on campus, and now have to live with their extremely poor life choices. I got a lot of smirks from folks when I said with no uncertainty that App would win because they play disciplined football and the muschumps don't. Headed over to hang out with RH Mom and watch football for the afternoon, then back home to have a few drinks and watch what appeared to be the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan on TV....bloody body parts horrifically strewn across a field of battle. If I'm Nancy's Taint, I'm immediately seeking out a new S&C coach and a commercial lawn maintenance firm. Called RH Mom at the half and she wasn't happy that we didn't run the first half up into the 50s or 60s. Because WE COULD HAVE. Called after the game and again she was not happy with only scoring 55. Drank a couple of victory beers and crashed.

Sunday, coffee, walk pup, grocery store, a few house chores, then off to the Thirsty Beaver to see Dallas Moore (2 man acoustic show). Got there early and for the first time ever got primo seats at the bar. Had a blast, and the show was phenomenal. The guy playing lead was absolutely tearing up the acoustic guitar and Dallas is no slouch himself. Mostly original stuff but a few very covers thrown in. I've never heard anyone cover Keith Whitley before, and Dallas also did Della And The Dealer, a Hoyt Axton tune that I dearly love ever since seeing him do it on an episode of WKRP years ago. Got home a little before 9, made a turkey sandwich and watched Walking/Talking Dead, and crashed.

In summation...I hereby declare that the weekend was GUILTY of being great, and I hereby sentence it to repeat itself this coming weekend.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

closed out the fall fun run

Nov 11, 2019, 9:33 AM
bobandjohn.jpg(124.7 K)
theend.jpg(100.2 K)

and it was fun. The first set of the 2nd show was a little rocky and I think they tried to get the first set closed so they could fix Bobby, but the second set was awesome. Closer to the stage than the first night, love GA.

Good food in the Hampton area:

Charlie's Cafe in Norfolk for bfast
WaWa italian sub!
Harpoon Larry's Fish House in Newport News, thanks aeroreplica aerozeptallica , good steamed seafood, tasty she crab soup, hot bartenders

2nd show setlist:

Truckin
Big railroad blues
He's gone
Tennessee Jed
Friend of the Devil
Bird song
One More Saturday night

Playing in the band
Franklin's Tower
Scarlet Begonias
Fire on the Mountain
Drums
Space
Milestones
Uncle John's Band
Playing in the Band
Black Peter
Sugar magnolia

Ripple

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Second set is like Greenr's favorites minus Terrapin***

Nov 11, 2019, 10:01 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was the one that recommended Harpoon Larry's.

Nov 11, 2019, 11:39 AM [ in reply to closed out the fall fun run ]

not areolarectumlicker or whatever his name is\

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

oh yeah you were!

Nov 11, 2019, 1:11 PM

thanks, the guy that talked to you about it knew what he was talking about

in what's becoming a theme, relaxing & restful. 9/10.

Nov 11, 2019, 9:34 AM

Friday - don't even remember.

Satdee - got a cold weather run in then hunkered down to work on some reports APM was behind on. Turns out littlest APM had a fever so that put the kibosh on Mrs. PAW's and APM's plans to go out. Good news is, APM watched a LOT of football and the good guys all won! APM suffered through the CBS broadcast team to see LSU beat Bama (the final score flattered Bama). Then, true confessions, APM watched his Tigers until the coot/hillbilly game got real interesting. Watched more of the coot loss in the final quarter than the Tiger win. But the cockroach and the cockroach north were both empty except for visiting fans. Beautiful.

Sunday - early church, APM cooked brunch, watched the LFC/Citeh game, enjoyed the sunshine with a nice walk, went to the gym, ran an errand or two, came home, ate, watched CU beat ND in futbol, bed. Wish DW4 had been on. Or the Clemson Raiders. APM guesses the Clemson Falcons did OK, but who cares.

Solid weekend. Tigers peaking at the right time, as has become Dabo's custom.

9/10. Woulda been higher but no date with Mrs. PAW. DND.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great!!!

Nov 11, 2019, 9:41 AM

Friday: threw football with Myfavjr. and put my new entertainment center together.

Saturday: Worked a little, "freshened" up my corn piles. Again, threw football. Boiled peanuts, watched football, sat by the fire and watched Clemson kick some tail with son.

Sunday: worked a little. Threw football and played "tickle" game with son before taking him to mom's for a couple of days! :( hunted and saw a beautiful sunset no deer but saw a lot of passing ducks in the setting sun. Cooked Taco soup and watched recorded version of race before heading to bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

East coast party don't ever end....

Nov 11, 2019, 9:54 AM

Friday Cut grass for last time this year and chased those pecan stealing tree rats around back yard.
Watched westerns. Made lasagna and roasted asparagus for wife and me.

Saturday Watched westerns. Checked game cameras and put out more corn for deer. Watched LSU beat Bama. Made pizza for wife and me. Watched Tigers whip Nancy's Tate.

Sunday slept in. Watched soccer. Granddaughter came over for visit. We watched 3:10 to Yuma. Made hamburgers for wife and me.

Monday Watching Rawhide right now. Incident of the Wager on Payday. Cooking 5# pork butt in slow cooker. Gonna try Duke's BBQ hash tonight. Thanks Scooter.

I would hate for you to be permanently banned, but nice work

Nov 11, 2019, 10:28 AM

sir. Nice work indeed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

me too....

Nov 11, 2019, 10:32 AM

For what?

Freaking amazing!

Nov 11, 2019, 10:17 AM

Friday - got home late from work, had dinner with wife and kids, then it was relaxation time, early to bed.

Saturday - 6 mile run. Lots of leaf collecting before the snow hit. Finished cleaning out flower pots and beds. Snagged a storage unit for all the summer toys and for the FJ to live in this winter. Dinner out with wife and kids, then it was Pub time for me and the boys. Clemson won and SC lost. Boom!

Sunday - 11 mile run. Skipped church and went and bought a new snowblower while they were on sale and actually in stock. Waited at the door with about a dozen others. Mine had give out late last winter, so it was time. Played with kids, went to playground, watched football, went to Pub again after everyone went to bed.

10/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK I guess

Nov 11, 2019, 10:28 AM

Got caught up in Charlotte Friday afternoon, didn't leave until right before 5:00 so battled hellacious traffic all the way back to Anderson. I lost the last remaining bit of empathy I had for other human beings that day.

Saturday got up to go look at dining room tables, because apparently we need one. Sat in different chairs for an hour. Picked out a table, still are undecided on the chairs. The Amish seem to make a fine product and we can stain to match our kitchen cabinets so I guess that's what we're going to do.

Had every intention of going to look at a Key West, but simply could not deal with the crowds and traffic anymore. Every one seemed to be out Saturday, it was horrible. I still had PTSD from traffic the day before, so we decided to call it a day before I killed someone.

Watched the game Sat night, went fishing for an hour or so Sunday, and that was about it. Held the baby a lot, got pissed on a few times, went for a walk, and now Monday rolls around like the weekend never even happened.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This happened

Nov 11, 2019, 10:44 AM

Yep. High maintenance but cute.

Her name is Marley.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice, what a cutie!***

Nov 11, 2019, 11:01 AM

Most excellent...

Nov 11, 2019, 10:48 AM

Friday left work early so wife of and myself could get the house in order for friends coming in. Cooked a Mexican Quinoa one pot meal for dinner that was awesome. Drank a few drinks with our friends and then called it a night.

Got up early Saturday and cooked breakfast before our friends loaded up their RV for tailgating at the App State game. Buddy and his two sons headed down to the spot they reserved to set up and we ran errands and got supplies. Met them down there and watched the end of the noon games and the 3:30 game while eating bar-b-q, wings and copious sides. Also drank a few Bourbon and Sprites for the Clemson game. Watched kick off before taking baby of and sons of and wife of home. Daughters of stayed to hang out with a cousin and guard the RV until our friends got back. Wife went to sleep the minute we got home so I put the baby to bed and son of and I watched the Clemson game and the App State game. Daughters got home after half. Toasted the wins and fell asleep on the couch. Wife of woke me up at some time in the middle of the night and took advantage of me.

Sunday, got up late, missed church. Took Baby and youngest son to the park to swing and then wife wanted to walk around that neighborhood and look at houses. Got home and went grocery shopping with a stop at Craft Beer hangout and them home. Had a chuck roast in the crock pot all day so fed kids, listened to music and then went to bed.

10/10 would do again.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine was great!

Nov 11, 2019, 11:03 AM

Went out Friday and had mexican..
Saturday.. went shopping in Clemson
Also made a beer run at Wall of beer..
Can’t believe they had my Dogfish head 120..
Went home Saturday and watched football all day and night.
Sunday.. laughed at SC as I usually do..
also had brunch with a couple of beer gurus from Athens..

Fun times!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jeep+family+vet weekend all rolled into one cold camping

Nov 11, 2019, 11:33 AM

Weekend.

8/10

-2 for blown diff.

Will do again.

Thanks Vets for your service.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very good.

Nov 11, 2019, 11:44 AM

Took the family to Longhorn's friday night. Had the Delmonico Ribeye. It was pretty good.
Went to Academy Sports and bought the girl some camo because she expressed interest in going hunting with me.
Woke up Saturday morning fully expecting girl to change her mind, but she was gung-ho. We saw a smaller-bodied 6pt buck and got it within 10 yards of us. That was exciting. We let him go and came on back to the house.
Scraped popcorn ceilings and patched drywall in the son's bedroom.
Took the kids to Wings and Ale and did some day-drinking.
Went home and watched football with more drinking.
Sunday morning, daughter and I went back to the deer stand and sat there for a few hours. Saw nothing, but had a blast.
Spend went to Palmetto State, Sportsman's Warehouse, and Homegoods (yay) with the family on Sunday. Bought a crap ton of corn to put out around the stand.
Daughter and I put out corn and limbed up a few trees that were obscuring our view. Dinner with brother and sis-in-law at O'herra's (spelling?) in Lexington. It was okay.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Nov 11, 2019, 2:39 PM

Had a wonderful time in Ashevegas on Friday with aero and sharkgirl. Lemme just tell ya, Cody Jinks was on fire! On stage at 10:00 and off at midnight! He put on one hay’all of a show.
Screwed around in Ashevegas Satday for a while then home to watch Ellis Hugh best Allah Bammer as well as watch Nancy’s Taint look stupid all night.

better than dave doormats***

Nov 11, 2019, 2:58 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers won, the coots lost but I didn't die.

Nov 11, 2019, 7:46 PM

Sorry I'm late to the party, had to fly to Houston Bush Int'l Aeroport today...

Friday - Hit TD's at the Pier for some wangs and pizza with college buddies, including Mr. CFA of Clemson hisself!

Sattidy - Did our fraternity Adopt A Highway pickup from Lake Hartwell to the food lion. Had 22 souls out there picking up trash...

Sunday - watched the Panthers choke and get robbed (where's Ron Cherry when you need him?)

I'm out this week enjoying Houston. Not sure why.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Adopt a highway is probably the worst and most wasteful

Nov 12, 2019, 12:15 PM

program in the entire state of South Carolina. And that's saying something.

Not that I don't appreciate THE ONE SINGLE DAY OUT OF EVERY YEAR that a group goes out and does a generally halfass job of picking up trash on the side of the road, but it absolutely chaps my hide that there is a sign across the street from my house with the group's name on it that probably cost the state $500 or more to put up. The group and the school they're from still exists, but I haven't seen them on my stretch of road in several years.

I AM THE PERSON THAT PICKS UP TRASH ON OUR ROAD. MY name isn't up on that sign, but it should be. Even in the years when said aforementioned group did come and pick up trash, they left anything that was more than three steps off the side of the blacktop as if it was grandfathered in at a certain distance. And, whoever is supposed to pick up those orange bags of trash usually doesn't on the same day the group works, and many times the bag gets busted open and IT becomes MORE trash on the side of the road because the pickup schedule doesn't jibe with the work day.

I'm sure on the rare occasion that groups actually DO go pick up trash, at least their self-esteem gets massaged by adding to the illusion that this program actually does some good. Back when the chain gangs picked up trash, at least they hauled it off with them and came back the next week to start fresh.

Not a knock on you or your frat wilbur, but at the state for perpetuating an illusion that this volunteerism is making a difference, or is even worth the money they throw at the signage and marketing campaigns.

Sorry you feel that way. The 22 of us that were out there

Nov 12, 2019, 11:59 PM

feel different. For the record that was our 2nd pickup and we plan to do 1 per quarter.

Just to let you know, Alpha Phi Omega is a National Service Fraternity. Other projects include the CU-USC Blood drive, which we have done for over 40 years, fixing up homes in the area, cooking for homeless shelters and supporting the Keese Scholarship Fund and Jack MacKenzie Endowment through fund raisers.

Call it what you want, but 60 bags of trash we picked up is at least a start.

You're welcome to join us in the spring.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Props to you guys!

Nov 13, 2019, 11:41 AM

It probably is a good thing when groups like Alpha Phi Omega take it seriously, but I think the big issue is that a lot of groups do it to get the sign put up, check that box off, and then never follow through with it again. I see this in person on my road, and again on one of the border roads by our farm. Maybe the group comes out and just leaves after they see I police my stretch of road when I'm walking the dog every day, but the stretch by the farm largely goes ignored. I would hope there's some regulation that mandates you have to keep doing it to keep your name on the sign, but I'm guessing that doesn't happen. And, as I said in the original post, not a knock on you or your group. As someone that picks up more than my share as an individual (including way up the road near the neighborhood that doesn't do squat to help), I APPLAUD your efforts!

Who has your road? Seems ripe for some

Nov 13, 2019, 11:48 AM

social media shaming.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a plan for that, actually.

Nov 13, 2019, 12:00 PM

But, you probably KNEW I did.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic