Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 825

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Dec 17, 2018, 8:01 AM

Friday night, Sharkgirl's work Christmas party, paid for meal at Nose Dive, and lots o drinks.

Saturday, visited the distillery in Anderson and Six and Twenty in Powdersville, topped it off with Thomas Creek then home to bake stuff for my family Christmas deal on Sunday.

Sunday, survived Gastonia. It wasn't easy seeing my Uncle's chair empty for the first time, but nobody had any emotional breakdowns so that is good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had to work Saturday

Feb 18, 2013, 7:19 PM

but when I got home was good.

Watched Polar Express with mcjr and ate wings that night

Sun - Church, bbq for dinner, played outside with kids, played basketball with teenagers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Polar Express here too with gkids!***

Dec 17, 2018, 8:22 AM

Not too bad....

Dec 17, 2018, 8:13 AM

Friday...met family at local Italian place called Olive Garden. How to say, was probably my best experience at an Olive Garden. Food was pretty good, service was good, and only 1 crying baby near by.

Saturday...out early and purchased basketball goal for driveway for kids for Christmas. Then took family to Clemson to eat at Your Pie, tour around campus, and buy some Clemson gear. Marveled at / lamented the changes to downtown. Kids out at friend's houses that night so wife-of and I got Chinese take-out and Netflix'd.

Sunday...church..quite possibly the most boring Christmas sermon I've ever heard and fell asleep repeatedly. Lunch at Dulce Vita in Anderson. Watched some football with son-of and threw some football with son-of and his friend. Got sitter for dinner and went to Tupelo Honey in g'ville. My first time and the fried chicken was legit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reckon Your Pie killed Peppinos?***

Feb 18, 2013, 12:13 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not sure, but I'm a big fan of Your Pie***

Dec 17, 2018, 9:01 AM

How was the Italian?

Dec 17, 2018, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Not too bad.... ]

We passed by there to get wing's on Sat night and mentioned we should try sometime.

thx

PSA, wings at Sue's are pretty good if you have not tried.

Dulce Vita is decent....

Dec 17, 2018, 9:09 AM

it's a touch on the pricey side for the atmosphere, but good. We've been 2-3 times.

Wife-of had pan-sear grouper and risotto for lunch and it was very good.

Assuming you saw your Steelers. Listened

Dec 17, 2018, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Not too bad.... ]

to on radio driving from Mogantown to Central PA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, timed it pretty good to eat during half time...

Dec 17, 2018, 9:24 AM

and watched most of 2nd half at the bar after dinner.

Was a good win!

Not too bad

Dec 17, 2018, 8:21 AM

Fri - the usual. Nursed a hangover from Thursday night, got kids for the weekend. Wife was not up for karaoke so went solo.

Sat - Wife spent most of the day in Augusta helping trainwreck daughter buy a car. Was able to use having my kids for the weekend as excuse for getting out of that one, so that was nice. Spent time with the kids. Went to Christmas party that night at the house of a longtime friend of wife, but they are now co-workers. Stayed up way too late singing and drinking beer.

Sun - Slept late. Daughter had Christmas recital and played piano at old folks home. The residents really enjoyed, so that was a good time. Dropped daughter at confirmation Christmas party and went out to eat with wife, son and baby. Dropped son off and home for redhead things.

Overall pretty good, tired and my liver does not like me right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Great!

Dec 17, 2018, 8:21 AM

Friday nite Xmas party at Level 10 in Sparty
Sat BBall game grandson in Gviile, lunch at Cantina76, took gkids home for rest of weekend
Gkids to Grinch movie Sunday, watched football, older son and DIL came late afternoon for earle Xmas and filet dinner...good eats
8.9/10

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Dec 17, 2018, 8:22 AM

Friday: worked late and watched daughter in local play. Not bad

Saturday: Weather was crazy changing cold and wet, warm and dry, cold and wet, warm and dry. Worked until 7 or so, came home and rested

Sunday: Up early, back into work a bit, came home watched Liverpool and ManU, online shopped, watched football, messed around and got a triple double.

8/10 - The BLues with another 3 points

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 8:25 AM

It was okay. Friday, drank some beers and watched Live PD

Woke up and finished watching Love on Netflix. Pretty funny show. Went and worked out, had lunch and bowled a few rounds.

Got home and let the dog out. He's been sneaking into the neighbor's yard to take a dump. He can take the smallest crease in a fence and slide right through. He got yelled at and promptly put himself in timeout.

Saturday night, cooked up a 16 oz ribeye with some corn on the cob and broccoli. Yum. Watched TV and went to bed.

Woke up to find that my stupid dog pictured above decide he would snack on my Allen Edmonds while I was asleep. I was about to take them and get them relaced and resoled...so much for that.

After I beat the tar out of him with said pair of shoes (and a set of jumper cables), I felt bad and gave him a treat and took him to play at the doggie bar.

Did laundry

OK.

Dec 17, 2018, 8:25 AM

did not fret one iota about recruiting in general or O-line recruiting in particular.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers won and the Panthers play tonight, but I

Dec 17, 2018, 8:28 AM

didn't die.

Pretty meh weekend. Kid of had a birthday sleepover Friday. Saturday & Sunday messded around the house.

5/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I don't think I've ever gotten too worked up over recruiting

Dec 17, 2018, 8:29 AM

either way.

Busy

Dec 17, 2018, 8:29 AM

Friday night was actually the calm before the storm, laying on the couch watching xmas movies and falling asleep

Saturday morning was shopping for a few odds and ends in greenville, lunch at the lost cajun followed by more shopping then a church xmas musical thing.

Sunday I drove up the Cashiers and Highlands stopping at the Panthertown entrance to see the 4 feet of snow. Walked around Highlands browsing through the shops. I picked up a Mizzen+Main button down shirt, you know the kind that JJ Watts and Phil Michelson wear? Yeah one of those. (Look at me Im broke). Got home and watched Jingle All the Way with Arnie and Sinbad.

Sucked, Great, Ehh

Dec 17, 2018, 8:33 AM

Friday: Got the news that BIL passed away. Maria has lost two brothers recently. We were sad naturally but kept busy preparing for Saturday.

Saturday: Worked and then hosted the GSon's first birthday. The little man kept us laughing until it was his bedtime. There were a few more adult beverages consumed afterward.

Sunday: Took care of some last minute Christmas stuff around the house. Really didn't do much of anything.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very nice

Dec 17, 2018, 8:35 AM

Thursday - headed up the hill to Tryon for date night at Harpers Cafe and beers and kanoodling in the balcony of the new old Tryon Theatre while watching Bohemian Rhapsody- I recommend the restaurant and the movie.

Friday - lunch with friends at the Eatery - very good chicken shawarma - quiet evening of TV

Saturday - up early to guild mtg in Mill Spring, back home cut away some of the collapsed deck roof

Sunday - laid back, finished clearing the debris off the deck, fixed car problem, wrapped up the weekend with a friend’s Christmas concert (very high brow, didn’t understand any of the words)

Dec 17, 2018, 8:38 AM

Sucked...death of a friend Friday who had a heart attack on blow. Note to anyone on here, blow is never a great call, especially if you are 45 with a couple of kids.

Fair to middlin’.

Dec 17, 2018, 8:42 AM

Friday: frans with 3 kids axed ya a few weeks ago if we could watch them for a few hours while they went to his Crimmas party. Sure, no problem. Around that same time, drunken 19She and other drunken wives decided we needed to have a pajama Crimmas party, AND it needed to be hosted at our house. I wisely pointed out on Tuesday that there was no way the house would be ready for a party on Saturday with 6 Category 4 hurricanes wrecking shit on Friday night. She agreed...and I ended up watching all 6 by myself at their house while 19She stayed home to clean. That was 4 hours of sheer delight.

Saturday: Crimmas pajama party. Good time. Wool jammies were awfully hot when it unexpectedly got up to 70 on Saturday—had to hang out outside to avoid heat exhaustion and death. Gift exchange, lotsa good grub and dranks, solid evening. Don’t think I closed my eyes until 5am.

Sunday: made sweet, sweet love to my couch all day. A bedpan would have made it a perfect day.

8.8/10, wood dew again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiring. I'll go with tiring.

Dec 17, 2018, 8:44 AM

Mother-in-law is still in the hospital, day 8. Mrs. Tig has not set foot outside of the hospital now in 8 days, except yesterday for an hour that I sat with her Mom while she went home to grab a shower, read her mail, and re-fill her bag of clothes and such. I've either done chores at the house, run errands for Mrs. or Mom-in-law, or visited/spelled Mrs. at the hospital. I'm about 98.6% certain that the great American myth is that the hospital will fix you, when in truth they slowly kill you while running up your bill.

Other than the annual traditional Christmas shopping day with orangecadillac and going to play LOUD rock and roll late Saturday night, the weekend was tiring.

T I R I N G .

4/10 at best. I'm tired and ill-tempered this morning, so if I punch you in the throat, don't take it personally.

Or do. Like I mothrafreaking care one way or the other.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2018, 8:47 AM

chitty.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great: Drove to Morgantown WV from central PA

Dec 17, 2018, 9:09 AM

on Friday and starting hitting the beers hard about sundown with 5 of my hillbilly friends. One huge plus was my friend’s 29 year old daughter, no pig. We listened to so much new bluegrass I had never heard and also a lot of Ryan Bingham. Hit the sack about 4 in the morning.

Saturday, bowl games and Christmas party at Morgantown shrine, Gene’s. Chicks galore and met two hot lesbian chicks. Stayed up late again with three nightcaps of Wild Turkey’s Longbranch bourbon.

http://genesbeergarden.com

Sunday, woke up 1 PM for Dolphins game, then drove back to Central PA.

Only 9 out 10 because no Tiger football game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

29 year old's name was Sack?***

Dec 17, 2018, 9:36 AM

I knew a Sack at Clemson in mid-90s

Dec 17, 2018, 2:42 PM

he was from Belton

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quite good. Quite good indeed.

Dec 17, 2018, 9:38 AM

Friday was just crash at home after a long week and lil'APMette's choral concert Thursday night (lawd that sh it stresses me out - the noise and commotion, finding a place to park at the school, sitting in chairs made for kids not adults, but lil'APMette was happy so it's all good). No going out or doing anything Friday, just some good eats (takeout Indian) and a beer (Bell's Two Hearted) and off to la la land.

Saturday - hard workout at the gym, some work, final Christmas shopping in a frikkin' monsoon that melted most of the snow. Felt good to get the shopping done. DW4 and Nuk won, so that was a bonus.

Sunday - best day of the weekend. Got up and had my first outdoor run since our 15-inch snow the Sunday before. Felt good. Did extra hills. Church. Home to see Liverpool put the finishing touches on their big win over MUFC. Then a little work prep for the week. Then I started cooking my baked chicken for family dinner. Had a nice pinot noir. Deep chill by the fire downstairs as I watched some NFL (are the Rams falling apart?). Then nighty night.

I'll take it. 8/10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All right. Had annual Cripmas get together with my brothers

Dec 17, 2018, 9:46 AM

and their families at Dreher State Park. My nephew and his wife did the majority of the cooking. Their ribs and chicken bog were outrageously good.

But, no can hurt you as deeply as your family can.

No one is more readily offended over perceived slights, than family members.

No one can validate you better than your family.

seems like I ate alot

Dec 17, 2018, 10:07 AM

Calhoun Corners - ate at the bar cuz they wanted to squeeze 3 in a place for 2, like eating at the bar though, salmon special was delicious, family liked prime rib and ribeye

Bojangles - 2 for 3.50 steak biscuit is a bargain, same meal is $4 in GA

Mellow Mushroom - incredibly slow and I don't think this Clemson staff is high, pretzels were good, beer was cold, thin crust great white pizza was the ####

Sliced in historic Hoschton GA - good italian sub, good garlic knots, cold beer, wood go back and try their pizza

And saw the bball Tigers come back to beat Radford, we need Marquise back

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Didn't start out the best...

Dec 17, 2018, 10:16 AM

My boyfriend's dad had to be rushed to the ER..he isn't doing good at all. (Prayers for him)

Did spend the day/night with my bf..we cooked together and had a fun time.

Sunday was my Christmas party for the part time job...

Not in the Christmas spirit this year :(

Hope you all are good!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somewhere between meh and good

Dec 17, 2018, 10:18 AM

Picked the kids up from after school and both had been written-up. Son for not listening and not following directions - par for the course for him. Daughter wrote a note that said, "Maya is bish" to a girl that she obviously thinks is a bish. Both kids spent the rest of their day and night locked in their rooms. Saturday my daughter had two Christmas shows with her dance company. She did a great job, but beat up a boy named Darius back stage, which caused the owner of the dance company to yell at my wife, which caused wife and daughter to leave the show in tears. That was awesome.

I was on-call at work, which caused me to be at work from 6am to 3pm on Saturday, then on the phone constantly from 3pm until 6pm.

Went to dinner for mama's 65th birthday. All you can eat sushi for $25... not a bad deal.

Sunday I went back in to work from 6am to 10am. Then I went home and worked on my bridge project and watched Narcos:Mexico.

I think I'm getting sick.

I sipped on a pile of Burial Surf Wax in my spare time, so that was pretty good.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

That really brought a smile to my face.

Dec 17, 2018, 12:14 PM

The fact that your daughter beat the crap out of Darius, I mean. He's a bish too.

Re: That really brought a smile to my face.

Dec 17, 2018, 12:28 PM

Apparently in their first "number" Darius was standing in her spot and that threw her off.

She waited 2 hours until the show was over to hit him because she didn't want to mess up the show.

That shows a few things:
1. She holds a grudge like crazy.
2. She's a natural performer. Didn't want to mess up the show... Her words, not mine.

This whole event gave me flashbacks to her 2-year old ballet class. Some things never change.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I'm trying to figure out why the dance teacher got mad at

Dec 17, 2018, 12:31 PM

her? I mean, this is a male child in a dance class. Who GAF about him? He's going to get beat up all of the time, anyway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I made great efforts to working my way back from being...

Dec 17, 2018, 10:44 AM

a lazy POS during football season. Back on Wed of last week I spend six hours in a car removing the replacement trim for the trim I previously screwed up. It really wasn't that bad but it wasn't as close to perfect as I set forth as my goal. Anyway.

I spent Thurs, Fri recuperating from that. I've never been so sore I had to help myself get up out of a chair and don't ask about how I stood up from the toilet.

Sat I loosed up a bit more and walked fairly well but I still needed my arms to lift myself from a seated position. I felt like a cripple.

Sunday I went to the Walmart and bought the stripper. Unfortunately it is the kind that strips finish and stain off wood or paint off metal and not that fun kind. I also picked up a piece of OSB and couple 2 bys to fix my work table for the stripping job. Imagine me stripping.

Sun afternoon I cleared the space under the carport and set up the table. I have three or four days to remove the previously installed wood grain trim from the project car and strip two sets. I didn't like the color of the wood and Imo, it didn't have a deep enough clear finish. I'm not quitting until this is right.

All in all it was a fair to middling weekend. 5/10 rather not do again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait, you can buy strippers at Walmart?

Dec 17, 2018, 10:46 AM

nice

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: wait, you can buy strippers at Walmart?

Dec 17, 2018, 2:17 PM

I know where I'm going after work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fun, but stupid hours

Friday
Went to NJ for cousin's wedding. Was at GSP @ 4:45am Fri morning, for 5:55am flight. Watched 1st two episodes of The Bodyguard on Netflix. Kevin Costner is a lot more British than I remembered.

Dad picked me up at airport, was at a Diner eating breakfast within 20 minutes. F-to-the-yeah.

Went to parent's, and took 3 hour nap. Nothing of note rest of the day

Saturday
Mostly weddingy things. Ceremony was about 30 minutes away, nasty weather all weekend...had 2.5 hours to kill between ceremony & start of cocktail hour @ reception, so went to a bar & had pre-drank. Good thing I warmed up, because there was a very unexpected amount of drinking forthcoming. Groom cousin and I had numerous Tequila shots (Sauza Silver, all they had) on top of everything else. Somehow, ZERO hangover or ill effects. All my training has paid off. Bride is one of 5 duaghters, T's & P's for her dad. 2 of her 3 younger sisters alone were worth the price of admission, no pigs (*check phone, just in case I forgot about pigs*)

Sunday
Mostly chilling out around parent's house...helped them out with a few projects. My 9:40pm flight got delayed to midnight, so we kept leisurely pace for dinner. At 9:10pm, about to leave, I go get my phone from where it was charging, and see I'd just gotten a text from United that the previously-delayed-to-midnight flight was now at 10:35pm. We're 55ish minutes from Newark Airport on a good day. Of course, it's pouring out.

Somehow, we make it to the airport by 10pm. I run inside, ZERO customers at check-in. That dude had a boarding pass in my hand within 20 seconds, no joke. I go to security, ZERO people in line. Pockets emptied, shoes & belt off, iPad out, through detectors, iPad back in, shoes & belt back on, pockets refilled in about 2 minutes....was at the gate by 10:05. I've got a phone appointment with Guinness Book of World Records @ 11 to confirm fastest ever time.

Head hits pillow @ home around 1:40am this morning.

8/10 would do brides sisters.

Not a single mention of the pork roll sandwich station.

Dec 17, 2018, 12:18 PM

Please re-write your report and have it on my desk by close of business today.

that's for paying subscribers only***

Dec 17, 2018, 12:22 PM

Sucked.

Friday: Had to let somebody go which put me doing their job all weekend.

Saturday: All day working.

Sunday: All day Christmas shopping

Today: Babysitter issue so I'm working from home today. Wife of starts her new job today.

Overall 3/10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Perfect 5/7

Dec 17, 2018, 10:59 AM

Friday: Took the wife to "painting with a twist", had some beers and painted a flamingo after work. Then we had sushi and bangeded. It was solid.

Satiday: Hit the gym, finished Christm-ass shopping, saw a blind woman walking around getting help from a midge at Walmart, watched bowls.

Sunday: Bangded the wife, went and cut down our christmas tree - no good ones in florida btw, slept most of the day.

Friday evening started with arrival back into the states

Dec 17, 2018, 12:07 PM

with soft toilet paper and our kids

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Pretty dang good!!! Took Friday off and no one from worked

Dec 17, 2018, 1:24 PM

called!!! Went out Thursday and met two nice young ladies. Great conversation!! Friday went Christmas shopping to finish up Myfavjr. and others. Mall not busy at all. Came home, unloaded gifts then went to son's basketball practice. Actually had good conversation with ex-in-laws, still can't stand their daughter. Got home and ended up chatting with one of the ladies from previous night. Deer hunted Sat. morning. stopped by parents house and enjoyed conversation then went grocery shopping. flirted with cashier while paying. Went home and finished wrapping gifts and watched football, deer hunted then grilled chicken, squash and steamed broccoli with a few drinks and went to bed. Church Sunday morning, took mom out to dinner, picked up son, went to Christmas program, ran into old GF, ate, B.S. with son before bed.

9/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 825
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic