Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good grief
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 279

Good grief

Mar 29, 2020, 10:03 AM

Why do people,US citizens, that make really poor choices think it is the govt. who should come to save them? Personal choices sometimes have reallt bad outcomes and one must point the finger of blame at the one looking back at them in the mirror. Just a side note- I spent a lot of years working overseas and never once did it enter my pea sized mind to expect the US govt. to come rescue me if things turned to dookie.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/americans-nepal-lack-of-response-state-department-204240367.html
">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good grief

Mar 29, 2020, 10:46 AM

I gotta be honest. If you're an American overseas and you get stuck and you DON'T contact the embassy, you're a moron. And that's sugar coating it.

Criticizing people for expecting the government to perform its basic functions is nutty.

Mar 29, 2020, 10:58 AM

You should expect delays during this event , just a fact, and not being responsible for your own travel plans is moronic at best. Oh I got a great price on travel so I took it, boohoo I am stuck somewhere and it's the govt's fault. Nope, we will disagree here on this, nobody from the govt. told them to go travel , they chose it and now must hold the responsibility for the outcomes.

My own experience in dealing with US Embassies and Consulates overseas was spotty to sad in the best of times. Now it has to be far worse as they are also attempting to protect themselves.

Mar 29, 2020, 11:03 AM

You think going on a vacation is a poor decision?

Dude, are you just looking for some reason to be grouchy about something?

Mar 29, 2020, 11:33 AM

UHHH, yup going on vacation during this viral pandemic is sorta stupid.. Are you just looking to be stupid or something?

Mar 29, 2020, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Good grief ]

Some of these people, as noted in the article, were over there before this virus was known of.

You're really reaching for something to get outraged about.

They were all fairly warned.

Mar 29, 2020, 11:11 AM

Imo, they should pay for the ride home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They were all fairly warned.

Mar 29, 2020, 11:36 AM

Actually they will be charged if the Govt. has to make a charter flight. Thing is they have nobody to blame but themselves for their predicament.

Replies: 7
| visibility 279
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic