Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody see this Coot Bowl projection?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Anybody see this Coot Bowl projection?

Nov 28, 2018, 12:43 AM

I know it was from Monday.

Dec. 31, TaxSlayer Gator Bowl Miami vs. South Carolina.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/week-14-bowl-projections-ohio-state-oklahoma-alabama-clemson-notre-dame/1sfdxdvmal8sb161r2gcbom6ky

Good and bad. Miami might be too much for them. Yes they get a traditional New Year's Bowl but it kicks off at 7:30 PM. I realize that leaving that stadium probably wont be as involved as getting out of Death Valley after a game but it could run into any New Year's celebrations the fans might want to do, especially if the game goes into OT.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For a lousy team they sure get lucky with the New Years

Nov 28, 2018, 12:52 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For a lousy team they sure get lucky with the New Years

Nov 28, 2018, 1:00 AM

Played in that bowl but not against Boise State. It was Louisiana Tech. Your point is correct in that we continually were put into bowl match ups that were elevated due to our history of selling tickets. Made for a poor bowl record for quite a long time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said at Boise St. First time I'd ever seen the blue field***

Nov 28, 2018, 1:09 AM

Nov 28, 2018, 1:10 AM [ in reply to For a lousy team they sure get lucky with the New Years ]

Seems to be a case of - "Hey, let's get a nearby SEC team that travels well vs an ACC team (at least 1 from the state) & maybe we'll get a decent crowd)."

Of course Miami won't be sending many people, so SC will have to buy most of the tix.

Biggest question is: Who's gonna watch that game? I would predict AWFUL ratings. Also, neither of the 2 should get a bowl as big as the Gator.

Nov 28, 2018, 5:34 AM

I'll watch just to see the chickens lose. It's the only reason TO watch them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Gator Bowl used to

Nov 28, 2018, 5:53 AM

Be my favorite non-New Year's Day match up. Now, it's more on par with the Belk and Music City, which is sad. They need new, aggressive leadership in Jax. That said, the Gator Bowl's demise began when the Jags came to town. Jax always clamored for pro football, going back to the Irsay sham when he teased about relocating the Colts there. I was in the stadium that day when his chopper landed on the field. Well over 50K fans there simply to prove they'd support...on a week night! That's passion! (He screwed Jax, nonetheless!)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Gator Bowl used to

Nov 28, 2018, 8:56 AM

The Gator Bowl has really fallen over the past years. Nothing like it was when the Tigers played there in the 70s. Maybe it was caused by the demise of Woody Hayes.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: For a lousy team they sure get lucky with the New Years ]

As a lot of things, Gator ain’t what it used to be. Especially this year if the coots play in it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A benefit of being in the $EC...

Nov 28, 2018, 8:41 AM [ in reply to For a lousy team they sure get lucky with the New Years ]

The $EC's bowl tie-ins are better than those for the ACC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Anybody see this Coot Bowl projection?

Nov 28, 2018, 6:06 AM

And Coots: Remember to keep it "classy" and don't run up the score on the Zits... Oh, and don't score in the last few minutes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good game for them

Nov 28, 2018, 6:30 AM

Peach Bowl used to have that time slot and usually got good TV ratings and a good crowd. Pretty even matchup. Muschamp and Richt are well known down there.

That part of Jax can be dangerous on New Years eve so I would not recommend the fans hanging out there after the game.

Re: Good game for them

Nov 28, 2018, 10:59 AM

"That part of Jax can be dangerous on New Years eve so I would not recommend the fans hanging out there after the game."

I thought that for fans from Cootlumbia and Miami it would just be the normal level of danger for both.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gator Bowl a'int what it use to be

Nov 28, 2018, 7:50 AM

It is 1 of the oldest, but it has lost its luster when they weren't picked for the CFP

Back in the 70's and 80's I considered the Gator Bowl as one

Nov 28, 2018, 8:08 AM

of THE top Non New Years Day Bowls...by the 90's is starting to lose it's status. It's ashamed. Clemson has a lot of history with The Gator Bowl. Peach Bowl moved ahead of them and never looked back. Jacksonville has done a poor job keeping this bowl afloat.
The coots may considered the Gator the best they can get...don't spoil that for them. :)

The Gator ain't taking two 7 - 5 teams***

Nov 28, 2018, 8:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Gator ain't taking two 7 - 5 teams***

Nov 28, 2018, 8:35 AM

Well the NY6 is going to be littered with 2 and 3, maybe even 1 or 2 4 loss teams. College football has been bad outside of the top 5-6 teams this season. There is a ton of parity between teams ranked around #10 and #40.

More likely Penn State and Missouri/A&M...

Nov 28, 2018, 9:36 AM

u5c is more likely headed to Shreveport or Memphis

Re: Anybody see this Coot Bowl projection?

Nov 28, 2018, 8:34 AM

I would LOVE to see that. That way when Miami wins we can tell the coots they can't even beat the 4th FOURTH!!! place ACC coastal team.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic