Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good fight Tigers. This game could have gone either way...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Good fight Tigers. This game could have gone either way...

Nov 25, 2012, 1:12 AM

we missed some opportunities, and when we have come up short in the past, it has usually been with such a low time of possession. But even putting that aside, I liked the fact that I saw much intensity and hunger still, something I hadn't seen as much of at times in the last stretch of the past few seasons.

Games like these can be toss-ups. One dropped interception opportunity or one big catch or run is all that often makes a difference in a game like this. It stings like hell because it is our rivalry game (such as it is), and yes, we as fans will have to put up with another round of band-wagonning "SE-She" buffoonery, which, yes, is pretty ridiculous since the coots haven't really contributed to that legacy at all in the past 20 years. Sometimes fanbases can be crazier than a bag full of cats, and sometimes, you just have to take your neighbor with a grain of salt and preferably with a really good shot of tequila.

But on the whole, this team has played better in the trenches this season, much more above initial expectations considering the transitions, and I would like to see that continue to improve. Loss or not, and beyond the fickle eyes of the sports media, I still think this team is, without a doubt, Top 10 quality, and underrated, and there is still much worth improving on and fighting for as we push into the post-season.

Stay hungry Tigers, and keep it real.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good fight Tigers. This game could have gone either way...

Nov 25, 2012, 1:14 AM

You lost me at

"This game could have gone either way..."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2012, 1:23 AM

He must have been watching a different game than I was. Actually the game was not nearly as close as the score indicated. Carolina dominated in every phase. But the Kool Aid is already flowing, and in a couple of weeks we'll be world-beaters---at least in this fantasy world.

Yes, it was disappointing, but you are sounding

Nov 25, 2012, 1:44 AM

a bit cootish, by how crazy lopsided you made the game sound. Our corners missed several int opportunites, and our receivers missed several passes. If we had stopped that last drive after Boyd's Int it would have been just a 3 point game with 7 minutes left, and that was just in the 4th quarter. Just what I said, not any kool-aid guy.

Nov 25, 2012, 1:24 AM

I do not believe in moral victories.
Dabo is 1-4 in games against the coots.
We did not win a game this season against a top 10 opponent.
Underrated.How about overrated by our fan base who every year talks the big talk about competing for the NC,or going undefeated.Time to stop that is now.Talk is cheap!
Think we will be top 10 next year? Better beat a decent SEC team in the Chic-Fil-A Chicken $#!+ bowl if you want that to happen.

Nov 25, 2012, 1:33 AM

I don't count wins with Tommy's coaches

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2012, 1:35 AM

We showed no fight what so ever! What game did you watch that could have went either way? Notre Dame maybe. But not Clemson vs Usuc. YOu make me wanna vomit!

Nov 25, 2012, 1:38 AM

pretty sure this reply meant for op

Nov 25, 2012, 1:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Good fight Tigers. This game could have gone either way... ]

> We showed no fight what so ever! What game did you
> watch that could have went either way? Notre Dame
> maybe. But not Clemson vs Usuc. YOu make me wanna
> vomit!

Agree. This was no fight. USC ran clemson off the field

Nov 25, 2012, 1:46 AM

get of the mod you coot!

You're an idiot, coot. Go play with yourself. *L****

Nov 25, 2012, 1:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Good fight Tigers. This game could have gone either way... ]

Nov 25, 2012, 1:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Good fight Tigers. This game could have gone either way... ]

Dabo will have to go undefeated next year before I care about having him as a head coach. If you truly listen to the interviews you will see that Clemson has been programed to not care about what happens in this rivalry, but they care aboout winning the A she she championships. I think Dabo needs to go!

Nov 25, 2012, 2:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Good fight Tigers. This game could have gone either way... ]

didn't beat a team in the top 45

Nov 25, 2012, 2:02 AM

> didn't beat a team in the top 45

truth

Wow, I figured this post would cause a coot infestation *L*

Nov 25, 2012, 3:26 PM

Geez.

May be next time we will not keep score and everyone

Nov 25, 2012, 3:29 PM

Can feel god!

geez, it Boyd hadn't thrown an int, we would have had the

Nov 25, 2012, 4:50 PM

ball close to the 50 and trailing by a FG.

Nov 25, 2012, 3:34 PM

They beat us without their starting Quarterback and Tailback. Our offensive line let a guy with a bum wheel get 5 sacks. Things could have been drastically different indeed.

Nov 25, 2012, 3:40 PM

That "what if" crap goes both ways. The coots didn't play a perfect game either. What if the coots didn't have a touchdown called back and throw an interception in the endzone, could have uglier.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic