Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deebo Samuel not playing in the Coot bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Deebo Samuel not playing in the Coot bowl

Dec 3, 2018, 5:27 PM

Haha you cannot make this stuff up

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deebo Samuel not playing in the Coot bowl

Dec 3, 2018, 5:29 PM

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/deebo-samuel-sitting-out-bowl-game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 5:50 PM

Can you blame him? He can go to "Belk" anytime he wants right there in Cootlumbia. Why should he put in 15 practices with Muschamp's black, dead shark eyes staring him down so he can go buy a shirt at the CHARLOTTE Belk?

Besides, after the Coots had to pony up $1.3-million to pay the Zips to come to the "Mud Bowl" Saturday (before a crowd of 37) - Coots are stickin' ya'll in the EconoLodge for the Belch Bowl.

Don't go, Deebo - don't go....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Deebo Samuel not playing in the Coot bowl ]

A good decision on his part. I would like to see a lot more players do the same for the crappy bowls to the point that some are eliminated altogether. There should be no more than a dozen or so bowls.

A fitting end to his coot career.***

Dec 3, 2018, 5:31 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably called Spurrier for advice.***

Dec 3, 2018, 8:02 PM

Probably called Spurrier for advice.***

Dec 3, 2018, 8:12 PM [ in reply to A fitting end to his coot career.*** ]

He came back for his senior year

Dec 3, 2018, 5:31 PM

It was his first year he wasn't injured. No use risking injury on a meaningless Bowl game, with 2 7-5 teams.

What's gonna be the kick in the nads is

Dec 3, 2018, 5:32 PM

when Bryan Edwards follows suit.

Re: What's gonna be the kick in the nads is

Dec 3, 2018, 5:35 PM

Glad our boys didn’t take the same attitude, Carolina needs this now more than ever. If they lose to UVA no one will go play there. I mean no one

Dec 3, 2018, 5:43 PM

I hate them as much as anyone, but it's not even close to fair to compare our players playing in the CFP to one of their players sitting out the Belk Bowl between two 7-5 teams.

We haven’t played a meaningless bowl game since

Dec 3, 2018, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: What's gonna be the kick in the nads is ]

The trend of sitting out bowl games started. I believe Leonard Fournette was the biggest name at the beginning of this movement.

Message was edited by: owensb01®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We haven’t played a meaningless bowl game since

Dec 3, 2018, 5:56 PM

Christian McCaffrey from Stanford also sat out same year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Dec 3, 2018, 5:37 PM [ in reply to What's gonna be the kick in the nads is ]

They lose Bryan Edwards too and that game is a tossup

Dec 3, 2018, 6:09 PM [ in reply to What's gonna be the kick in the nads is ]

I hope Edwards leaves early. No need in sticking around when you can go ahead and start your NFL career. Coots will get no more than 8 wins next year. Would just be chancing an injury and getting no money to play for nothing again.

Dec 3, 2018, 6:22 PM [ in reply to What's gonna be the kick in the nads is ]

Bently will probably play in the Belk, but the 2019 NFL Draft wants him NOW - a path dad "Bobby" Bently likes a LOT. And under the "Unknown Rules" - Jake-boy (skipping his senior year of H.School as he did) can leave now for the '19 draft. They want him, he's ready - if he's smart he'll go.

Dec 3, 2018, 6:40 PM

Well then he is coming back because he definitely isn’t smart. When I look at him I see a lot of Eli Manning and the stupid (nicest word I could think of) looks he gives.

Dec 3, 2018, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: What's gonna be the kick in the nads is ]

He should if only for no other reason than playing for the coots any longer could only raise his risk of a serious injury playing with a team that can't improve his draft stock in the NFL. Plus next season he won't have the experience at the WR position that could help him to win any kind of QB awards other taking a beating and keeps coming back for more. And I think they call that award, the Stupidest QB trophy, named after a past coot QB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he goes early it will only be because he doesn't want to

Dec 4, 2018, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Re: What's gonna be the kick in the nads is ]

be the first QB in the rivalry to go 0-4 as a starter.

Message was edited by: wildblulou®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good decision

Dec 3, 2018, 5:34 PM

He is doing what any reasonable person should. Why risk the ability of taking care of your family for a meaningless game? Very smart from young man. Look at Jaylon Smith and all the money he lost.

Re: Good decision

Dec 3, 2018, 5:53 PM

The only problem is, Deebo is not going to be a top 5 pick.

Smith did lose a lot of money, but he also had an insurance policy for $900k and still inked a $6+MM contract, and the way he's been playing he'll get a bigger one in a year or two.

Edit: That being said, I don't see an issue with him sitting out. Other than saying the extra time to prepare for the draft will be crucial.

Message was edited by: tiggerz04®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 6:09 PM

That insurance policy doesn't seem like much though when you look at what he lost based on where he was drafted compared to where he had been projected. It's estimated that he lost somewhere around 18.5 million on his first contract, and the amount guaranteed was about 20 million less. Yeah, if he keeps playing this way he'll get a big 2nd contract, and he's still making better money than most people, but that's still money lost that he'll never get back. Even if his next contract is worth 100 million then he still doesn't make back the 18 million he didn't get on his first one.

Also, for Smith it looks like it'll work out well because he's playing great in the league, and should get a big contract when his next one comes up. However, what if he had never been the same player again? What if he just didn't work out in the NFL the way a lot of guys don't, and he was never offered a 2nd contract? At least a guy drafted in the top 10 will still get all that additional guaranteed money even if he ends up being a bust. That's not the same for a guy drafted later on.

Dec 3, 2018, 6:47 PM

Colleges will insure, at no cost to the player, against injury and against injury causing drat position to go down. The big problem like all insurance policies, is collecting. Proving where your draft position would be is a little spotty and proving whether you will even be able to play is too. There is a professional golfer, whom by all accounts is healthy as he could possibly be, who will not enter a PGA tournament (which as you know are hard to win) because as soon as he does, he will not continue to collect on his insurance policy.

Did we recruit Deebo? I don't remember him ever being

on our target list. If not, I guess we know why.

Re: Did we recruit Deebo? I don't remember him ever being

Dec 3, 2018, 5:40 PM

I don’t know about Debo but we did recruit Edwards, just not at wr but as athlete

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

He was not highly recruited and we did not recruit him

Dec 3, 2018, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Did we recruit Deebo? I don't remember him ever being ]

glad he is gone. Coots don't reload like we do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC It just means more...

Or less

WL

Contrast that with a D-line that comes back and risks an

Dec 3, 2018, 5:40 PM

Re: Contrast that with a D-line that comes back and risks an

Dec 3, 2018, 5:48 PM

They came back to try and win another NC, and at the same time they've been able to improve their draft stock as well. Who knows if any of them would play in our bowl game if we were 7-5 right now. With as common as this is becoming, it's pretty naive to think we won't eventually have a player sit out a bowl game if we miss the CFP.

I personally don't see anything wrong with it. Take Wilkins for example. The guy came back this year to try and win a title, and we all appreciate him for doing so. If we had lost a game or two, and missed the CFP this season then I wouldn't blame the guy one single bit for deciding to go ahead and get ready for the draft. He'd owe us nothing else, and we'd be able to get the next guy some valuable experience in the bowl game while Wilkins would be avoiding the risk of injury. I'm in no way saying Wilkins would have sat out a bowl game in that situation, but just using him as an example of how it wouldn't change my opinion of him at all.

Dec 3, 2018, 5:57 PM

I wouldn't blame a guy for that either if the situations were the same but, there is a risk of serious injury going up and down steps. And especially in those pick up Basketball games they play all the time!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt Wilkins would ever sit out

Dec 3, 2018, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Contrast that with a D-line that comes back and risks an ]

Re: I doubt Wilkins would ever sit out

Dec 3, 2018, 6:13 PM

Nick Bosa was going to be out until sometime in December anyway due to his injury. That's just the timeline on the injury itself, and from there he would've needed to get into football shape again so it wasn't ever very likely he was going to be able to come back this season even if he wanted to.

Dec 3, 2018, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Contrast that with a D-line that comes back and risks an ]

There was no guarantee of that. Christian Wilkins said he loved Clemson, his teammates and he wasn’t finished with college.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 3, 2018, 5:49 PM

Can you blame him. i wouldn’t have gone there in the first place but I would definitely leave as soon as possible.

Dec 3, 2018, 5:59 PM

Kelvin Harmon NC St WR also sitting out Bowl game .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

It's contagious now

Dec 3, 2018, 6:02 PM

Dec 3, 2018, 6:02 PM

If you have a good shot at getting drafted, in any of the rounds, it’s smart to skip the bowl games. If you’re playing for a national championship, then by all means you need to stick with your team and see it through.
I don’t blame any of these guys for skipping their bowl games.

So if you can't win it all then the rest is meaningless huh

Dec 3, 2018, 6:04 PM

Re: So if you can't win it all then the rest is meaningless huh

Dec 3, 2018, 6:35 PM

Let me guess, you’re saying this is “another example of young people these days only caring about themselves”?

Yeah, some fans aren’t being the least bit selfish when after a player represents their school for 3-5 years with endless hours of practice and film study, and endless amounts of blood, sweat, injuries etc... that player decides they want to make a decision for themselves and their family to minimize the risk of losing out on millions of dollars by not playing in a bowl game between two 7-5 teams that the fans then decide that player is selfish.

Re: So if you can't win it all then the rest is meaningless huh

Dec 3, 2018, 6:37 PM

It’s forever to thee not forever to me, Christian Wilkins cuts flips into the end zone and you know why? Heart baby, a big ol 40# ticker

Dec 3, 2018, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Deebo Samuel not playing in the Coot bowl ]

To be frank it's probably better for the teams too. It gives young guys more opportunity to play and put things on tape that they can work on going into the next season and that coaches can evaluate. Not many teams rotate like we do and guys don't get opportunities to see the field.

Dec 3, 2018, 6:26 PM

Concentrating on being a mid round pick...letting his team down...really sad

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He fears those hard-hitting coastal teams!***

Dec 3, 2018, 6:28 PM

Dec 3, 2018, 6:40 PM

Sounds like a case of recurring pu$$y cramps.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 6:43 PM

He also just saw Bailey break his leg and lose a lot of money because Muschamp is a moron and left his starters in to try and pad stats against Akron.

I don't fault Deebo Samuel.

Dec 3, 2018, 6:47 PM

For looking out for his guaranteed pro career.He was one of two good players for U5uC.Deebo has money coming guaranteed.His Coots are playing in another meaningless bowl game and he shouldn't put himself at risk.

Can you really blame him !?!?!?

Dec 3, 2018, 6:54 PM

It's a meaningless insignificant irrelevant lower-tier bowl game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Can you really blame him !?!?!?

Dec 4, 2018, 12:02 AM

Well, he's already risked injury multiple times for a meaningless insignificant irrelevant lower-tier team!

Dec 3, 2018, 6:59 PM

I really don't care. He's not nor ever will be a Tiger and is not worthy to be a subject on this site.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forever To Thee!

Dec 3, 2018, 7:02 PM

Looking out for himself and forsaking his team.

Dec 3, 2018, 7:50 PM

Guess he didn’t get that “Forever to thee” memo.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic