Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good Morning! My thoughts regarding Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Good Morning! My thoughts regarding Death Valley

Jul 26, 2018, 6:30 AM

While our stadium is an awesome on-campus venue to watch our Tigers play, it needs some “sprucing up” to meet Dabo’s mantra “ Best is Standard.” The east end zone/hill area needs to mirror the west zone with the exception of leaving a portion of the hill for the team to run down. Then, signage in certain areas could be improved along with the bathroom facilities. Just a few things I’d like to see in the near future. Other than calling me a “coot”and a “moron,” I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas. I just figured we needed a thread that isn’t about QB’s, recruiting or UGA. Have a good day and go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Morning! My thoughts regarding Death Valley

Jul 26, 2018, 6:39 AM

Whatever changes are done to the east side, it must not mess with the view into the Valley as you approach the Stadium. That view is what makes the stadium unique. Seeing the video displays and hearing the music gets things rocking as game time nears.

Jul 26, 2018, 6:43 AM

I agree that nothing should spoil the view and with one of the best architecture school in the country, it can be accomplished. The reason I want it to mirror the West zone is I am a fan of symmetry.

Please explain how you would keep the view AND make it

Jul 26, 2018, 6:59 AM

similar to the west end zone. That should be a heck of an architectural feat!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please explain how you would keep the view AND make it

Jul 26, 2018, 7:16 AM

I don’t know if it is possible. I realize admitting “I don’t know”on a site where EVERYONE but me knows EVERYTHING is differenr and somewhat troubling but hey I’m a moron. Anyway, I realize I am not an architect nor have I ever wanted to be but I’m sure there is a design that could be pleasing to most. Just my thoughts.

Jul 26, 2018, 7:18 AM

You sound like a "coot" or possibly a "moron".

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2018, 7:29 AM

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I learned a long time ago it is futile to try to disprove a negative. The more you try, the more you appear to be just what they think you are. Have a nice day.

Jul 26, 2018, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Please explain how you would keep the view AND make it ]

Hmm, possibly make everything out of glass , it might get a might chilly on the butt during late night season games.

We don’t need your input

Jul 26, 2018, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Good Morning! My thoughts regarding Death Valley ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Careful making suggestions about

Jul 26, 2018, 6:41 AM

Changing DV. I would like to see the hill stay like it is now because I think that makes us unique and when I was a student I actually preferred sitting on the hill for most of the games.

I would like to see us build an upper deck around the hill to trap some more noise in and with the planned enrollment spikes we’re going to need the additional seating.

Everyone who buys a ticket in Death Valley...

Jul 26, 2018, 7:26 AM

must have a full view of our team running down the Hill. Anything in that area which distracts from their entrance is evil. Build what you want but don't kill the best 25 seconds in college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everyone who buys a ticket in Death Valley...

Jul 26, 2018, 7:34 AM

Forgive my attempt at starting what I thought was a lite, thoughtful thread that wasn’t controversial but I now understand some of you live to create controversy.

Jul 26, 2018, 7:38 AM

it wasn’t any of those things. clearly you’re lonely. try a hobby

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jul 26, 2018, 7:41 AM

You are a comic, try Vegas. I’m sure you would be huge! I’m already laughing.

Jul 26, 2018, 7:45 AM

huge lol

or, try another bored. i’m sure there are many fine cooking and/or planting boreds that would love your thoughts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jul 26, 2018, 7:55 AM

You and most of the other jerks that are allowed and therefore encouraged to run roughshod on this site give Clemson a bad name. I’ll admit, the way some get treated here would make most find another site but it gives me a sense of satisfaction just being here.

Jul 26, 2018, 8:09 AM

you’re new tag is officially - #easilysatisfied

this is much too easy. if i were you, i’d head over to the “think tank” and toss around ideas that don’t involve clemson recruiting and dv. keep us poasted on your progress. looking forward to another stellar “thoughtful,” yet borderline retarded, poast

kthx

awesome - sometimes i wear shoes

Jul 26, 2018, 7:36 AM

with no socks

Here's my vision for the The Hill/ East EZ : I totally

Jul 26, 2018, 7:36 AM

agreed it does needs improvement WITHOUT jeopardizing the traditions or any views of The Hill. First on the corner where the students sits I can see overlook gameday restaurant where people can watch the game sorta like the Chop House at the Braves stadium. We can use the old Clemson House sign and put it on top.

Second: add a few more seats to the other corner to balance the end zone out and put a Sky Walk connecting the Overlook restaurant the the North end zone corner.

Last: Add a longer EZ Video scoreboard. and have the sky walk goes behind the video board.

Like to see maybe adding 500- 600 seats total. The Hill is left alone...the views of the campus are not block.

EZ really needs something. It can be done without jeopardizing the traditions of The Hill.

Those are my ideas for the EZ. :). Some of you just need to open your minds a bit. ;)

Major upgrade to sound system and larger video screen Eastzo***

Jul 26, 2018, 7:37 AM

Jul 26, 2018, 7:43 AM

I'd just like to see us upgrade the seating from the metal benches to actual folding seats. I don't know how that would impact the seating capacity, but it sure would be a nice change!

agree/disagree

Jul 26, 2018, 7:45 AM

I hear what you're saying - even the best restrooms in the normal seats sections are not the best. And I laughed when they made a big deal about improving the men's rooms in the upper deck and came to find out that mean replacing porcelain pee troughs with aluminum ones!

OTOH, DV is unique and I do NOT support major changes in the East End Zone. I like the open look at campus.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: agree/disagree

Jul 26, 2018, 2:13 PM

Spoke to a IPTAY board member recently and the East Endzone is going to be enhanced without losing the Hill. A view of campus might be lost, but new seats aren’t cheap! The whole concept is still in the planning phase.

Go Tigers!

It's funny I seem to share the same view as OP

Jul 26, 2018, 7:54 AM

In that we need to leave enough hill for the team to jog down and put in seats for others to sit in during the game. This could be accomplished and easily leave room to view inside the stadium. This will provide seats for Iptay holders /students in the lower bowl with the added ability to see and scream as team runs down the field to start the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2018, 8:06 AM

i agree it wouldnt hurt to spruce up bathrooms. but have you been to games elsewhere. at most places forget about pissing and getting a drink and seeing the 2nd half kickoff. got no problem with video board. if it was bigger, great. i actually watch the game on the field and look at the board for replays. sometime i think some of you want it to be like you are sitting at a restaurant watching on a big screen. the action is actually on the field.

Armchair seating in lower bowl!

Jul 26, 2018, 8:11 AM

New east seating will offset loss of seat numbers with armchairs in lowers.

Re: Armchair seating in lower bowl!

Jul 26, 2018, 8:24 AM

Why only in the lower bowl? Why not the upper deck? There are a lot of folks who sit in the upper deck as well.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If "Best is the Standard"...

Jul 26, 2018, 8:45 AM

why is anyone with a pulse of 37% allowed to continue tnetting?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Maybe he is working on a new one

Jul 26, 2018, 8:52 AM

for himself, "bad posting is ok"

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

^^^Just found the infamous "Tnet Bullies".^^^^

Jul 26, 2018, 8:56 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 26, 2018, 9:15 AM

Tell Dan R he needs your help

Jul 26, 2018, 9:38 AM

I always thought it would be a cool idea to connect the upper decks over the hill. You can keep the road accessible like the visitor side. It would also add a ton of seats, enclose the valley so the noise would be unreal, and we could possibly have the biggest stadium in Merica.

sig-1

Jul 26, 2018, 9:43 AM

why do we need more seats. unless it is a big game the valley is never sold out now.

You could make those seats cheap and fill them.

Jul 26, 2018, 10:05 AM

Unlike several people on here, I know a ton of people that would show up if it didn't cost them 75 per person to go see them play Furman.

sig-1

Re: You could make those seats cheap and fill them.

Jul 26, 2018, 10:12 AM

WELL GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. I WOULD DO A LOT OF THINGS IF THEY WERE CHEAPER. BUT THEY AINT. FACT IS THESE HIGH PRICES ARE GOING TO DRIVE AWAY MORE AND MORE "REAL" FANS.

Jul 26, 2018, 10:18 AM

I agree 100%. I haven't gotten season tickets in 5 years. Once we started having babies it got very tough to spend that kind of money, knowing my kids needed things. Now we are playing sports and all my extra goes to that. I just can't fathom paying that much to see them play Furmam, or any other team. Two tickets without a parking pass is $150 on here. Finding 4 together is playing with fire. And if you get a parking pass there is no money for gas, food, shopping, or anything but drinking water before the game and going straight home.

sig-1

Jul 26, 2018, 10:21 AM

I STILL DO IT BECAUSE I LOVE GOING AND I SORT OF USE MY VACATION TIME ON THE TIGERS. ME AND THE WIFE TAKE A TRIP EVERY YEAR, THIS YEAR A&M. THE GUYS TAKE A COUPLE OF ROAD TRIPS. BUT IT SURE IS GETTING HARDER. BEEN GOING TO GAMES SINCE THE 60'S AND STILL MY PARKING IS WAY OUT THERE.

Jul 26, 2018, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: You could make those seats cheap and fill them. ]

Clemson is seeing an aging fan base which will spend, but to many who get to a game per year even those costs are hard to bear, especially with other expenses in families. I had to drop IPTAY due to large medical bills a decade ago and am considering what level I can afford to rejoin as I also plan for retirement.

I suspect there are others in the same types of circumstances.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic