Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Venable had a month to get his troops ready for LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1,211

Venable had a month to get his troops ready for LSU

Aug 28, 2013, 11:19 AM

and the last 6 to get ready for UGA. I think he earns his Paycheck on Saturday. Granted LSU's Offense is far more conservative than UGA, and Bobo is one of the best play callers in the land, but I do not see Gurley running all over us in this game. They will make some chunk plays, but Venables will take some risks and forces long down and distance scenarios forcing them to them to throw on second and third down.

If Our players can step up and force them to a few 3 and outs per half, and tighten up in the redzone and force them to kick field goals, then I like our chances.

I see enough corner blitzes to disrupt their play action and force their backs into pass protection, and enough sacks to get inside Murray's head

This game will come down to the fourth quarter, but I do not think it will be a barn burner, but closely a contested game where both OC's keep a few tricks in their pocket for the 4th quarter and the team that executes in the final minutes wins.

30-26, clemson

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said!

Aug 28, 2013, 11:23 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself! I can see a little more scoring...

Clemson - 37 UGA - 27

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the range I expect.***

Aug 28, 2013, 11:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we beat them by 10...

Aug 28, 2013, 11:26 AM

Can we say we DOMINATED them like the coots say about our last game with them?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't discuss SCar seriously until November. Until then,

Aug 28, 2013, 11:33 AM

they can continue to 'sit' on their Thumbs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In that case...

Aug 28, 2013, 11:35 AM

I really DO fear the thumb...

Venable still has a LOT to prove this yr

Aug 28, 2013, 11:25 AM

His D improved slightly but still let the coots run buck wild on his D and LSU is a ###### O. And the game before with NCST was a travesty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Venable will have our D ready...***

Aug 28, 2013, 11:31 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC didn't run over us. They threw on us

Aug 28, 2013, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Venable still has a LOT to prove this yr ]

And considering what NC ST did the week before that's not saying a lot. The fact is that Venables was given a defense with little to no experience or depth at the DT position, talented but unimpressive players at DE, unproven and confused LBs, and a secondary that was filled with injuries and just not great players.

We threw a lot of young guys to the wolves last year and we saw the front 7 young guys play better and better in terms of gap responsibility, leverage and tackling, things that we sucked at under Steele.

The secondary is still shaky at best but having Breeland and Jenkins back makes me feel a lot better.

Good call. +1.***

Aug 28, 2013, 12:07 PM

To be fair, he's only had a few weeks.

Aug 28, 2013, 11:35 AM

And the same goes for Morris, and for the UGA coaches.

This is the only weak-spot I think we have. Our scheme on offense is more complicated than UGA's, and offense takes a while to "click".

Our defense is more experienced than UGA's, but defense isn't that hard to pick up in a short period of time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our offense is actually fairly simple

Aug 28, 2013, 11:38 AM

This is what makes Spence different then Morris. Spence had a ton of information that confused the team, a la Kevin Steele. Morris's scheme is pretty simple for the players, hence freshmen being able to come in a contribute early and often. Morris preaches perfection of the little things like catching the ball and running crisp routes and blocking downfield. We run a number of different looks but most are just wrinkles in the same base set of schemes.

No, it's not. In fact, Morris himself said he hadn't even

Aug 28, 2013, 11:40 AM

introduced most of his offense yet (last year.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's because Morris preaches perfection

Aug 28, 2013, 11:44 AM

If the team doesn't run what he's already implemented to his standards then he refuses to teach them anything more. It's more to do with them not performing to his standards moreso then an inability to handle more information.

Also he's never been able to use his whole playbook because he didn't have a OL that he trusted to run his smash mouth type of spread. He's said that he has that this year and that is a big reason why he's able to use the whole thing.

Good Lord.***

Aug 28, 2013, 11:45 AM

Re: Good Lord.*** lol***

Aug 28, 2013, 11:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Lord.*** lol***haha***

Aug 28, 2013, 12:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Lord.*** lol***haha***hee hee***

Aug 28, 2013, 12:09 PM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Good Lord.*** lol***haha***hee hee***omg***

Aug 28, 2013, 12:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he stated last year the o was @ 80-85% installed.

Aug 28, 2013, 11:47 AM [ in reply to No, it's not. In fact, Morris himself said he hadn't even ]

he has also said that we "usually" only run 4 or 5 actual formations, just with plenty of variables within each one.
this year he has said his offense is "all-in"- 100% installed, we'll see.

Re: Venable had a month to get his troops ready for LSU

Aug 28, 2013, 11:49 AM

If his D is NOT ready - then this game is OVAH! We can mail it in.

UGA's O is waaaayyyyy better than LSU's.

and lsu's defense was/is WWWAAAYYY better than uga's.

Aug 28, 2013, 11:51 AM

just sayin'.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1,211
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic