Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good Job all NCAA players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Good Job all NCAA players

Sep 26, 2013, 8:44 PM

You did it. your'e gonna get paid by EA Sports and now there is no longer going to be a college football game produced. You couldn't just have the honor and privelege of your likeness being on a game(which most aren't accurate anyways). i'm sure after the settlement is done and the money is spread out I'm sure you'll earn about $50 each. Doesn't even cover the cost to purchase the game new. Now you can take the dumb APU off of your wrist bands...it can now read IAWB (i'm a whiny B.) or IRFE (I ruined it For Everyone)... but you're gonna get your pay day so who am I to say anything.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Job all NCAA players

Sep 26, 2013, 8:51 PM

I have quite a few great memories from the debut nights of these games and such ...teams created, dynasties formed, etc...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2013, 8:52 PM

Hey, but those lawyers are getting paid! 1/3 plus expenses!

while I agree with you

Sep 26, 2013, 8:56 PM

there has been further developments in this story:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/26/ea-cancels-college-football-in-2014/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Sep 26, 2013, 9:16 PM

Stinks that this game is done. Been playing it since it was Bill Walsh College Football.

Yeah, I'm probably too old to be playing this game but it's the only game I buy.

Only positive is I will now be able to get through a 60 year dynasty on the game lol

EA distributes game with players numbers, no names given. I never saw the issue here. NCAA and conferences are weak and pulled out.

Shame.

College athletes get a free education, room and board and meals.

So, you're saying #10 on Clemson isn't Boyd in your game?

Sep 26, 2013, 9:31 PM

You're saying that you can't download complete rosters with player names, edited stats, and appearances? You need to learn how to use the interweb better.

Re: So, you're saying #10 on Clemson isn't Boyd in your game?

Sep 27, 2013, 9:44 AM

I do download complete rosters.

We, the fans are turning #10 into Boyd by editing. EA isn't doing that. They are not supplying a product with his name.

I see on the Clemson roster supplied by EA a quarterback with the #10. I don't see it saying Tajh Boyd.

Re: So, you're saying #10 on Clemson isn't Boyd in your game?

Sep 27, 2013, 12:44 PM

There is also a WR who wears #2 on the game, but he doesn't have dreads.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The funny part is that a lot of the current hs and college

Sep 26, 2013, 9:30 PM

players love playing the game and get a huge kick out of seeing themselves in the game. I'm sure they themselves will be complaining next year when there is no new game out.

Sep 26, 2013, 9:50 PM

Any way EA can throw the wishbone with triple option onto Madden so I can continue to have a football game to play in the future?

As for the players getting paid, I'm on the side saying they get room, board, and a free education which many wouldn't have gotten without a sport to do so. Be thankful for that. I've been out of college for 10 years and still have a few years to pay student loans. I'd have loved to have had my likeness in a video game, paid or not if college was free.

^^^Gets it!^^^

Sep 26, 2013, 9:57 PM

I feel the same way..i've been paying my student loans for 9 years and still owe..something most of them will never have to worry about. Then some go and make Millions. Almost all of them will work around football in some capacity and be paid by a professionial team for something even if practice squad and make 75K a year. More than a lot of people.

Wow, way, way, way off base

Sep 26, 2013, 10:01 PM

About 2% of players who play college football go on to play in the NFL. Which I don't particularly consider a lot.

Re: Wow, way, way, way off base

Sep 26, 2013, 10:05 PM

yeah but about 99% of the players in the NFL played fooball in college...you can spin a fact any way you want.

Sure

Sep 26, 2013, 10:08 PM

but saying that a lot of college players play professional football, or make any sort of money playing professional football is just wrong.

Re: Sure

Sep 26, 2013, 10:24 PM

THere are other professional football leagues besides the NFL. CFL, European, and Arena. If they don't make it to the NFL then there are other options. Or guess what, They got a free education, free room and board to go out in the world and find a job.

So, you think those guys are making 75k?

Sep 26, 2013, 10:38 PM

Euro league, or whatever is amateur football, so I doubt there is much money made there. Arena league player don't make much. Football isn't like basketball, if you're not in the NFL, you're not making much.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/more-sports/power-players-juggle-life-work-and-football-696960/

Re: So, you think those guys are making 75k?

Sep 26, 2013, 10:43 PM

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/31/4677982/nfl-practice-squad-salary-rules-eligibility

Scroll down to the salary part... and that was for Practice squad players. I have no idea about Arena and the other leagues..but you must have the last word on everything bc you are obviously that type of person.

Says the guy who tried to have the last word

Sep 26, 2013, 10:48 PM

Can you call someone for wanting the last word while having the last word?

see***

Sep 27, 2013, 12:43 AM

brah you are deadass wrong about

Sep 27, 2013, 12:09 PM

this:
"Almost all of them will work around football in some capacity and be paid by a professionial team for something"

I mean you know that's what drewalum is saying right?

According to Wikipedia, the average in CFL is $82.5k

Sep 27, 2013, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: So, you think those guys are making 75k? ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Football_League

That was 2011.

Just an FYI.

null

I'm tired of EA

Sep 26, 2013, 10:30 PM

Anyway, wish college football would've gone to 2k sports. EA is too buggy, just search ea ncaa football glitch. It's not "in the game if it's in the game" as they claim.

May be taking up Madden sometime.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic