Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good DjU article on 247 comparing the top 2 choices
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Good DjU article on 247 comparing the top 2 choices

Apr 22, 2019, 11:06 PM

https://247sports.com/Article/DJ-Uiagalelei-recaps-weekend-visit-to-Oregon-will-announce-between-Ducks-and-Clemson-soon-131421365/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quote:

Apr 22, 2019, 11:13 PM

“Clemson has some great players committed and there are a lot of other players out there that I know are going there that I think are going to surprise a lot of people when they announce so a lot of pluses with both schools.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I was really worried . . .

Apr 22, 2019, 11:16 PM

until I read that same paragraph . . . and hope sprung anew!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My heart lit up when I read that. Hope has sprung anew!***

Apr 22, 2019, 11:54 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quote:

Apr 22, 2019, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Quote: ]

As silent as the G in lasagna

Re: Good DjU article on 247 comparing the top 2 choices

Apr 22, 2019, 11:31 PM

I could be, and I hope that I am wrong but, but, but DJ is starting to sound like he is thinking Ducks for his college FB. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but his words eerily sound like it's quack, quack, Quack to me!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2019, 12:32 AM

I hope you’re wrong too but i get that same feeling. It’s almost the duplicate of what he says about Clemson and his parents. Almost verbatim. All that about idols growing up don’t mean a thing really. Two things stood out to me.

He’s got friends going there that he’s grown up with. The environment is about the same as he’s grown up in too. Population wise, close to the beach his city is 80k Eugene is 170k so about the same. I’m sure Clemson felt very rural to him.

Two- not sure what he meant about different cultures. Political about as different as you can get. How’s the catholic community in and around Clemson these days? Is there a big Catholic Church nearby he could attend?

I mean, the ducks may have put on a religious show for him but once he gets to campus with the ducks, he’s got to know that religion doesn’t fly in them parts... I mean, he probably has a better chance of being open about his faith around Clemson than Eugene... in general.

Didn’t realize his hs is all male. Would have been identical culture 60 years ago from that perspective.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2019, 12:52 AM

Sounds to me like Oregon is a better fit for him, unfortunately for us.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2019, 5:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Good DjU article on 247 comparing the top 2 choices ]

St Andrews is downtown on Sloan St.

Apr 23, 2019, 9:43 AM

Thank you. Hopefully they went there while they were here. I know that was a big agenda item while they were here... and I’m assuming he’s catholic going to an all male catholic high school.

I looked at their website. Very nice quaint church!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2019, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Good DjU article on 247 comparing the top 2 choices ]

Sorry AO52- wrote a book again. lol

Apr 23, 2019, 10:02 AM

Don't apologize for doing the same as I when I get wound up;)!!!

Apr 23, 2019, 11:31 AM

This almost feels like national championship day and waiting on the game.

Apr 23, 2019, 11:41 AM

Regardless of what some are saying UGA, I think that he is Clemson....

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic