Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gonna get "flamed" - and just don't care!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Gonna get "flamed" - and just don't care!

Sep 6, 2014, 6:45 PM

I need to get this off my chest!!

Some of you people are a bunch of ####### crybabies! "Coach wannabes" that are just TRYING to cause dissention for this team!!

PER DABO, who is the HEAD COACH at Clemson: COLE STOUDT is the starter!!! Not Watson. Not YET anyway! Until such time as DABO and Chad collectively make the decision to make Watson the starter.....keep your arm chair quarterback "know it all" opinions to yourself and:

GET BEHIND our Senior QB, who by our HEAD COACHES own admission...has EARNED the Job!!!!!

I think Watson, when all is said and done will be THE best QB to ever play at Clemson. But obviously Dabo and staff don't think he is ready to take the reigns.....just yet!

Get over it and get ALL IN with support for the starter that your coaching staff has evaluated extensively and named our leader!!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're a crybaby***

Sep 6, 2014, 6:47 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're a crybaby***

Sep 6, 2014, 6:49 PM

Yep!

If what is best for the TEAM makes me a "crybaby", so be it!

But explaining your reasoning for such a D-bag statement sure would be enlightening.

Go Tigers!!!

TU***

Sep 6, 2014, 6:50 PM

Yawn.

Sep 6, 2014, 6:51 PM

You telling me cole is the better player?

Re: Yawn.

Sep 6, 2014, 6:58 PM

Are you saying he's not at the moment?

You know more than Dabo???

They have both done well, both made mistakes and are both good QB's.

I think Watson is the better player, but my opinion is just that. I would rather choose to support our coaching staff. After all, I am quite certain that THEY know more about the dynamics of the team than either YOU or myself!

That's all.

Go Tigers!!!

Sep 6, 2014, 7:06 PM

Cole Played better than Boyd did against S.C. State.

Watson is better though.. I'll say it! He came in and scored td's. Cole is quick to settle for 3.. And i cant stand settling for 3!

Also, i believe someone noted Cole should of had 2 picks this game? Idk how your "suppose" to have picks, but i know what they mean.

And he should have had 2 more TD passes also.***

Sep 6, 2014, 9:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boyd didn't nearly throw 4 picks to SC State....

Sep 6, 2014, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Yawn. ]

get over Tajh was better than Stoudt.

Receivers constantly stopping for Coles throws

Sep 7, 2014, 11:44 PM

He can't hit a vertical in stride beyond 30 yds that I've seen!!!!

Had those been passes on FSU secondary 4 int's for cole as they were 1 a pick 6 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2014, 2:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Yawn. ]

Being close to an interception, isn't an interception. And a close one will never hurt the team in any way. Stats will always show how many interception a QB has, and right now Cole only has 1 with no stats for almost 1. Just like Williams almost has 2 more catches in the UGA game that may have help us win the game.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know more that the coaches

Sep 6, 2014, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Yawn. ]

Is the dumbest argument ever on a message board.

It is a fan chat board.

The point is to say your thoughts.

Watson is way better by the way.

Some got it, some don't. The kid gots it. Nasty.

Sep 7, 2014, 6:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Yawn. ]

You would have been a loyalist in 1776. Never question authority, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I support cole being the starter I just want deshaun to get

Sep 7, 2014, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Yawn. ]

more reps and more consecutive reps after touchdowns than he did at georgia. You weren't even talking about who the better player was so I agree with everything you've said, there's only about 3 here that can't look at stats and have some emotional connection to cole stoudt and get their panties in a wad when you elude to watson being the better player that's the only people I have a problem with. Cole stoudt should be the starter but Coles seniority should not force him in the game when he's struggling, that's how these 2 qb systems work you put in the guy with the hot hand.

Re: I support cole being the starter I just want deshaun to get

Sep 7, 2014, 8:56 PM

I agree with with that assessment but most people forgot that Cole came back in after Watson threw that TD pass and drove the team down for another TD right after UGA has the run back. So don't count out Cole as a gamer as well. UGA was on a high after the that KO return and Cole quieted the crowd. As much as everyone wants to jump on the Watson bandwagon they need to sit back and enjoy the ride. I think in 2 weeks we will have a clear cut QB and either way it's going to be a great season. Go Tigers and everyone on the field are Tigers as well Stand behind them and support them completely.

Dabo is

Sep 7, 2014, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Yawn. ]

Asshat!

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

It's going to be interesting at FSU....

Sep 7, 2014, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Yawn. ]

when Watson gets pressured and throws his first INT. Can't wait to see how Dabo and Chad set him up for that since we KNOW that DW is so great he would never do that on his own.

Well said! TU!***

Sep 6, 2014, 6:54 PM

Re: Gonna get "flamed" - and just don't care!

Sep 6, 2014, 6:57 PM

Agree! Let's not create a monster with all this "controversy" talk. Support who is in there and let's just play ball!

Well said***

Sep 6, 2014, 6:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Couldn't have been said any better....***

Sep 6, 2014, 7:00 PM

Great leaders re-evaluate past decisions.

Sep 6, 2014, 7:07 PM

Watching today's game in person I think it's time to re-evaluate the QB position.

1. Stoudt is to slow.
2. He doesn't run well.
3. The team appears methodical when he is on the field.
4. His passes are not as accurate as they need to be.
5. If his intended target is unavailable, he sort of freezes.

I realize he may be the leader according to the coaches, but I'm afraid the team itself favors Watson. This reminds me a lot of when Whitehurst replaced Simmons.

That's my opinion. I've never been a coach, but I have successfully managed people most of my professional career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson is just better. Stoudt is great.

Sep 6, 2014, 9:21 PM

When you watch Watson enter the game it is just different.

If he stays healthy, he is crazy special. Huge.

You can tell the players are more enthused when he is in...

Sep 6, 2014, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Great leaders re-evaluate past decisions. ]

from the players demeanor the first two games, when Watson is in they seem much more confident.

I don't the players are more enthused..

Sep 6, 2014, 11:32 PM

I think the OL look so much better because Watson gets the play off fast and the OL does not have to try to hold their blocking too long. Stoudt dances too much and is slow. OL can't hold the blocks forever

Good point***

Sep 7, 2014, 12:14 AM

Sep 6, 2014, 7:08 PM

I will agree that AT THE MOMENT Cole gives the tigers the best chance to win. But I think that everyone should be allowed to have an opinion and this is the place that they should be able to express such opinion. In a couple weeks Watson will probably be the better QB because the experience gab will be shrunk. But until then, Cole is the best QB to run the offense. Also, I remember last year when Cole went 19-20 everyone was screaming that Cole should be the starter over Boyd. The back-up QB is always everyone's favorite player.

But...but...but.....baCawk....

Sep 6, 2014, 7:29 PM

...most of that chicken-crap is coming from Peckerheads.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought we were out there too play the best players

Sep 6, 2014, 7:54 PM

Not try to make everyone happy. ..watson is better period...he should be getting the start.

Re: I thought we were out there too play the best players

Sep 6, 2014, 8:19 PM

Man, the "in crowd" 100% approved posters go ape when anyone questions anything. PLEASE LOVE ME!!! Yikes...chill. It's ok...

^^^^^^^^he saw what I saw.

Sep 6, 2014, 9:22 PM [ in reply to I thought we were out there too play the best players ]

Watson is nasty good.

Sep 6, 2014, 8:44 PM

I like the way they are getting him lots of playing time without completely throwing him completely in the fire. Let him gain confidence this year as he learns the system and then we'll have 2 to 3 years with him at the helm.

Sep 6, 2014, 9:42 PM

No way we get 3 years out of Watson. This kid will be playing on Sunday soon! Watson needs to be the start simply because he is MUCH better than Cole. Cole is good, Watson is a freak! The fact is, overtime Watson steps n that field, the whole offense is better...my wife even sid there was something different about the team when "that guy" is in there. Put the best 11 on the field! Cole reminds e a lot of Kyle Parker...

Yeah the bruised rib Kyle Parker***

Sep 7, 2014, 12:08 AM

To quote coach Morris

Sep 6, 2014, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Gonna get "flamed" - and just don't care! ]

"he's already been running this offense for 4 years at Gainesville"

AND IT SHOWS !!!!!! Sorry people Stoudt is only a runner up not the prom queen. Though he probably uses more hair products than any prom queen. BURRRRN

He knows the system, same one he played in high school***

Sep 6, 2014, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Gonna get "flamed" - and just don't care! ]

^^^^ THIS GUY GETS IT! ^^^^^

Sep 7, 2014, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Gonna get "flamed" - and just don't care! ]

he looks plenty confident already

Sep 7, 2014, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Gonna get "flamed" - and just don't care! ]

actually, the only thing I'm worried about with Watson is overconfidence. He's already zipping the ball by the defender's earhole 30 yards downfield. He doesn't need to play sparingly to build up confidence.

Post makes perfect sense. Maybe some posters think that

Sep 6, 2014, 9:16 PM

the coaches are reading the board and getting hints.

And all of God's Tigers said...

Sep 6, 2014, 9:26 PM

AMEN!

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Oh God forbid somebody comes to an internet

Sep 6, 2014, 9:49 PM

discussion board and share opinions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep, the new style of mob mentality - please, God forbid***

Sep 7, 2014, 8:10 AM

and I thought I was King Pumper here.***

Sep 6, 2014, 10:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought...? J/K...***

Sep 6, 2014, 11:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2014, 11:05 PM

I can see it now.......

A year from now if(and that is a ginormous ''if'') watson will struggle and everybody is gonna wanna see either bryant or israel to start the next week....

Yep can just see it now......

Watson won't be struggling next year***

Sep 6, 2014, 11:19 PM

Not gonna keep it to myself, I give money to this program...

Sep 6, 2014, 11:17 PM

If Watson was kept in against UGA we win. He is just better, and that's the way things happen sometimes.

Sep 6, 2014, 11:55 PM

If you can't see that Watson should be starting, you are as stupid as our head coach.

Sep 6, 2014, 11:57 PM

It's hilarious that some folks here preach to the choir and say nothing of substance. "I love the USA" a lot so keep me at 100% please!!!! Lol sad.

Sep 7, 2014, 3:11 AM

You have my vote, and I love the USA TOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sep 7, 2014, 12:21 AM

These crap posts ruin this bored. No one is beyond criticism. No one is more important than the program, you know Clemson. Crybaby.

Dabo & Morris are developing Watson. More snaps every game.***

Sep 7, 2014, 8:15 AM

Dabo is so darn smart...

Sep 7, 2014, 12:42 PM

But can't figure out how to beat the Chickens.

Never been a football coach or stayed in a Holiday Inn......

Sep 7, 2014, 2:33 PM

Express.

But I can spot an exceptional athlete when I see one. Watson has all the goods and Clemson has better odds of making plays with him in the game. He's better in the run game, has better scrambling ability, better zip on his passes, and so far.....better accuracy.

If Peake had cut hard out of his break, he makes that catch with two hands. Also if you are open you better be ready because Watson will find you. Poor McCullough didn't have a clue that ball was coming his way until it was 2/3 of the way there.

Coach Swinney is in charge and it's not my place to tell him otherwise. So Cole is the starter. But if Watson and Stout are in the line for my backyard pick-up game....I'm picking Watson.

Sep 7, 2014, 2:48 PM

How do you sit a 342 QB rating? Watson's arm is stronger, he leads recievers better and not to mention his scrambling ability, come on man open your eyes!!!

..SMDH

Sep 7, 2014, 3:01 PM

great post!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TMEP/DR***

Sep 7, 2014, 6:02 PM

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Sep 7, 2014, 6:14 PM

I agree Allin

Sep 7, 2014, 6:16 PM

no flame here. good post.

Sep 7, 2014, 6:35 PM

Dabo is the head coach and his opinion is the only one that matters. I accept and respect that. Does it mean I have to agree and share his opinion on everything regarding Clemson Football? If I'm pro Watson starting does it automatically make me anti Stoudt? I'm a Clemson fan not a zombie.

Sep 7, 2014, 6:40 PM

I am not sure that I agree 100% but considering this is a fan forum where I hope fans can agree to disagree, you make a good point. There are too many fans who take different opinions personally.

Stoudt is a good QB

Sep 7, 2014, 6:47 PM

Watson is a better QB. It's rather obvious, even with a small sample size. You even said yourself that you think Watson is better.

If you think a good senior QB should start over a better freshman, that is your opinion and that is ok.

If you think a better freshman QB should start over a good senior QB, that is your opinion and that is ok.

Voicing your opinion on a message board is obviously ok.

Telling others to keep their opinions to themselves, while you voice your opinion, is not ok.

People booing Stoudt just because they prefer Watson is not ok.

Re: Stoudt is a good QB

Sep 7, 2014, 11:35 PM

I even admit that Watson is the better QB. But, Cole has paid his dues and has earned his chance. Until Cole's lesser skills gets us in trouble, let him play. Bringing Watson in with small amounts of playing time at a time will only make him a better decision maker. College is much faster than high school, and playing him small amounts at a time, will only help him retain what he is learning IMO.

You sound like one of those guys that jumps on the bandwagon

Sep 8, 2014, 12:23 PM

to stop Kony by changing your profile picture or share the posts about how evil immigrants are sneaking disease coated needles into gas pumps for no reason.

Dabo may claim Stoudt has earned it, but when he plays 3 times as much as Watson and yet Watson delivers better numbers and better offensive efficiency I think they've got some things messed up...

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic