Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Golf Update: Clemson to hire a new women's golf coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Golf Update: Clemson to hire a new women's golf coach

Jul 1, 2016, 2:24 PM

Clemson to hire a new women's golf coach

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Golf Update: Clemson to hire a new women's golf coach

Jul 1, 2016, 2:31 PM

Good move by Rad. Nip it in the bud, as ole Barn would say. Stop the exodus of players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2016, 11:00 AM

The is one of Dan's few hires. Really gonna give him credit for needing to fire the guy after three seasons - a guy who ran off a legacy recruit who happened to be the #1 player in the nation?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Jul 2, 2016, 10:52 PM

TD hired JT.

Jul 3, 2016, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Golf Update: Clemson to hire a new women's golf coach ]

Why do I keep seeing the words "prima donna"?

Because you keep writing them?!?

Jul 3, 2016, 8:43 AM

And it's pre-Madona anyways...

Hth!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would have been nice to address the issue before we lost

Jul 1, 2016, 2:38 PM

top talent.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It would have been nice to address the issue before we lost

Jul 1, 2016, 2:38 PM

Yep, would have been nice. However.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't fire a parent***

Jul 1, 2016, 2:43 PM [ in reply to It would have been nice to address the issue before we lost ]

How many parents needed to be fired?

Jul 2, 2016, 3:19 PM

Seems like an awful lot to me. Seems Ironic so many needed to be fired.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2016, 4:13 PM

No trial before the hanging! Is it always true when women accuse the man??? Guilty until proven innocent???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2016, 4:23 PM

Why? So we can drag it through the media and smear the reputation further? What makes you think they haven't investigated enough internally to make this decision?

I rather like that we handle issues like this before they explode with media attention.

This comment is the same as your position on selling alcohol in DV...while it may have some merit, it's clear that your basis was your own personal distaste for for alcohol. And now the basis comes off as what seems to be a male chauvinist attitude.

You may be well served to focus on the bigger picture when you post stuff like this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I drink alcoholic beverages and if you can't recognize sarcastic

Jul 1, 2016, 4:35 PM

remarks then maybe you are to focus on your big picture. I glad they did not smear Coach Horton's reputation anymore the freshman who has a pending lawsuit ask the coach. By dismissing him you don't think his reputation has not been tarnished?? Between the lawsuit and his dismissal by Clemson he would be fortunate to ever coach women's sport again.

What would you do if this was about you???

Re: I drink alcoholic beverages and if you can't recognize sarcastic

Jul 1, 2016, 4:43 PM

The post about beverages did not seem at all sarcastic. So you hid it well, sorry I missed it. I wouldn't have posted my thoughts had I picked up on your sarcasm...so there's that to think about. Winky faces are good for sarcasm...or blatant misspellings. HTH.

As for your second point, again...assuming it's not sarcasm since you're now asking a follow up question. If it were me, I'd probably be glad I was quickly and quietly dismissed. Not to mention embarrassed of myself. A person doesn't get multiple complaints and transfers for no reason. You think making a big investigation with legal entities and media coverage would help his chances of finding a job? Really?

The post about alcoholic beverages was not meant to be sarcastic

Jul 1, 2016, 4:52 PM

As for the Coach Horton situation I don't know all the facts do you? I just hope the man's career is not ruined.

I have supervised women and sometimes all it takes as one to get pissed to cause chaos. A lot of women will tell you they would rather work with men because there is a lot less drama then with a group of girls or women.

Re: The post about alcoholic beverages was not meant to be sarcastic

Jul 1, 2016, 4:57 PM

So you said it was sarcastic and then just said it wasn't sarcastic.

You had an example of your buddy smuggling in a whole bottle of Jack Daniels that obviously had you upset about the sales of alcohol.

Now, you have another personal example of supervising women.

I revert to my original premise about you. That is all. Have a nice day.

You have a great day too. None of my post are meant as personal attacks.

Jul 1, 2016, 5:06 PM

And you will have to interperate my post on alcohol sales vs my first post about Coach Horton ( That was the only one I meant as sarcasm) All of the other post represent my values and views.

Re: I drink alcoholic beverages and if you can't recognize sarcastic

Jul 2, 2016, 10:42 AM [ in reply to I drink alcoholic beverages and if you can't recognize sarcastic ]

Sounds a lot like little league to me. Parents still rule. If daughter doesn't get to play after 4 years her dad gets coach fired.

long overdue***

Jul 1, 2016, 4:37 PM

No blind Bo's to send my resume to?***

Jul 1, 2016, 5:08 PM

Blind box***

Jul 1, 2016, 5:08 PM

Re: Help clear this up

Jul 2, 2016, 10:33 AM

Sorry. I'm late to the game. What exactly is Horton accused of, etc?
I appreciate any insight by any of you. Thanks in advance....

I do know JT, his assistant, and all of the other golf

Jul 2, 2016, 11:36 AM

coaches well enough to know that they are all serious about their jobs and would not knowing do anything to subvert their programs. Certainly not every young lady or young man is going to like JT's style of coaching he s not their dad or their best friend......he is their coach. However, none of us are there all the time or when a certain incident took place, so hopefully this has been handled properly. As you know that is also not always the case.

Was it one incident?

Jul 2, 2016, 3:21 PM

It seemed, from an outsider, like there were several.

Probably more than one, but in today's climate I am not

Jul 3, 2016, 1:13 PM

sure coaches can survive more than one......especially without a lot of credibility built up. Remember our soccer and track coaches being asked to step down.

Re: I do know JT, his assistant, and all of the other golf

Jul 15, 2016, 8:10 AM [ in reply to I do know JT, his assistant, and all of the other golf ]

Sounds like just a bad situation all around. A father with questionable intent starts a campaign to get a coach because his daughter isn't playing like he wants her to and then a gang goes over the coach head and the athletic director supports the gang. I would hate to be a coach in the Clemson system if I had to worry about this too.

Jul 2, 2016, 1:14 PM

i remember i was scoffed at earlier this week when i said horton was dead man walking. no apologies necessary.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic