Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Going to take my CWP class Tuesday.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Going to take my CWP class Tuesday.

Jul 26, 2020, 11:00 AM

The violence in this country has escalated to a boiling point. I know fighting violence with violence is not the answer but I’ll be danged if someone threatens my family for some religious/political/cultural position. This is the United States of America and the No 1 thing the founding fathers established the NUMBER 1! Is that no one should be threatened punished or persecuted for their personal beliefs values or traditions.

Guess what number two was?

The ability to possess and bare arms to protect yourself and family against people who may want to harm or infringe on your No 1.

I pray I’ll never be in a situation to have to use and exercise that right but if I am I will make sure to be within my legal rights and ready.

Go Tigers

God bless this country and it’s leaders.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Going to take my CWP class Tuesday.

Jul 26, 2020, 11:10 AM

I've had mine for years. Good thing to have. I carry my Glock 23 with me wherever I go.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2020, 11:12 AM

Looking at the new Taurus G3C 9mm. Heard great things about their predecessors.

I have a snub .38 but not very accurate with it.

When it comes down to actually needing it, accuracy is not

Jul 26, 2020, 11:15 AM

the biggest factor. They'll be close. Most important: HAVING IT! Well, and knowing how to use it........

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2020, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Going to take my CWP class Tuesday. ]

I have several hand guns but the Glock is made for one thing only.

They are fun to shoot. Really fun with a 30-round clip!***

Jul 26, 2020, 12:26 PM

Get a friend to loan you one or go to a store which will

Jul 26, 2020, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Going to take my CWP class Tuesday. ]

let you try out different weapons.

I've taught a lot of people to shoot from young boys to 80-year-old ladies.

One thing I've learned: they all seem to prefer a different cartridge and different gun, and I am often surprised by what they like best.

You need to find what self-defense cartridge and platform YOU shoot best and feel most comfortable with since YOU'RE the one that will be using it to save your or a friend's life, not someone else.

There are 10 times as many gun types as there used to be, so it should be easy to find one that you feel comfortable with and shoot well.

But like most products, there is no perfect solution. All firearms have their advantages and disadvantages depending on what you want to use it for and how and where you will use it.

There is no "perfect gun." If there were, they wouldn't be selling so many different kinds.

Good luck. And be careful.

"Be Prepared" has a nice ring to it................

Jul 26, 2020, 11:13 AM

And it's smart as well!

Jul 26, 2020, 11:15 AM

With a current CWP, you won't have to have the background check when making a firearms purchase. Also, remember these things need to be fed.

I have a SW Shield 9mm, my service weapon Glock 22/w light and other surprises for anyone with ill will that I won't mention in public.

Ugh. Hate to vent but

Jul 26, 2020, 11:52 AM

It irritates me to no end having a Constitutional right rented back to me by my local government. I can pretty much guarantee that the “bad guys” won’t have one. Better judged by 12 than carried by 6.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ugh. Hate to vent but

Jul 26, 2020, 12:24 PM

Be ready when those nasty Brits come after you!

Jul 26, 2020, 12:25 PM

Are you going to keep it in your purse, or holstered to your thigh?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2020, 12:25 PM

My wife and I have had ours for 10 yrs. used to travel by car a lot. My carry is .380 Hers is 32 Baretta. 38 Ruger in bedside table and 9 mm in upstairs closet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

So if you carry a semi- automatic do you carry one

Jul 26, 2020, 12:29 PM

in the chamber?

Re: So if you carry a semi- automatic do you carry one

Jul 26, 2020, 12:41 PM

For me it a Yes if double action. No if single action.

I go chambered, cocked & locked

Jul 26, 2020, 3:50 PM

Never pull it out unless you gonna use it. Had a chief detective tell me "If you ain't chambered, you are more scared of your gun than the liberals are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: I go chambered, cocked & locked

Jul 26, 2020, 3:53 PM

Excellent point!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't, so generally carry a revolver. Like the little S&W

Jul 26, 2020, 12:42 PM [ in reply to So if you carry a semi- automatic do you carry one ]

model 49 that has the hammer "shroud". Hammer doesn't catch coming out of your pocket.

Re: So if you carry a semi- automatic do you carry one

Jul 26, 2020, 12:48 PM [ in reply to So if you carry a semi- automatic do you carry one ]

Where my Dad is an usher at his church about 20 of the ushers have their CWP. For a while my dad would not carry one in his chamber. The pastor who is now the chaplain for a PD and Sheriff’s Dept told my Dad it did not do much good to carry if you did not have one in the chamber.

If somebody tries to rob this church they are in for a big surprise. Can you imagine about 20 guys from a church standing over you with a gun. That could be a come to Jesus moment. Lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2020, 12:31 PM

My uncle who was a police officer for 40 years said the S & W Shield is an excellent 9MM for the money. He has one and said it is a great gun to carry.

Best of luck to you.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

For anyone who gets a Conceal Carry Permit I highly

Jul 26, 2020, 12:45 PM

recommend getting conceal carry insurance as well. You always hope you never have to shoot someone in self defense but if you do it is best to have a nationwide network of specialized self defense lawyers with money available to pay for your defense/bail because you WILL be arrested as a matter of standard practice in shooting incidents. I recommend USCCA because they have discounts for couples (me and my wife) and include home defense in addition to outside the home incidents in their coverage.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For anyone who gets a Conceal Carry Permit I highly

Jul 26, 2020, 12:50 PM

I did not know such insurance was available. Thank you for info.

Jul 26, 2020, 12:53 PM

Ive had mine for 10 years. I usually carry a Springfield xds .45 in a Vedder holster, pocket. Glocks are good because there's no safety, but theres no safety. Also have a Kimber mini .9mm and a walther pps. Both are good, but love the Kimber. Basically, there are any number of good conceal carry firearms available. Go to a local range and try out(rent or borrow from a friend) multiple types. Not just calibers, brands. Sig Sauer is a fantastic brand. Find the one that fits your hand and your confidence best. Accuracy isnt a major issue, as you will probably be shooting at about 10 to MAYBE 15 yards, max. Best advice is to be constantly observant of your surroundings, who's around you, pay attention to what they are doing and where your exits are. Your best defense is to get out of a situation before it occurs and let police know.

Jul 26, 2020, 1:51 PM

What do you think of the S&W Shield 9mm and where did you get your holster?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and valuable information. It was very helpful. And whoever posted about the insurance, thank you for that valuable information.

Jul 26, 2020, 3:59 PM

It has often been quoted that most self defense shootings take place in 3 seconds at about 3 yards and 3 rounds are discharged. Of course, average doesn't mean that there aren't significant variations. Fortunately I have never had to aim or fire my weapon. I did once brandish a firearm to encourage a completely irate and threatening person to leave who I perceived as a threat to my wife and me. They said,"you don't have to do that." I replied as I didn't know this irate person from Adam,"I don't know what I may have to do." This nut job left rather quickly at that point. I would encourage you to practice drawing your weapon and firing it until you can get off multiple shots accurately and quickly, first within 6-10 ft and then further. You had best have already thought through if you are prepared to take a life and under what circumstances you would do so. You may well be charged if you injure or kill someone and especially if you were to continue shooting once the person is not a threat. Very few of us will have to ever shoot someone fortunately. It goes without saying that it is best to leave immediately if there is a way to avoid a conflict or potential threat. One shouldn't feel emboldened because one has a CWP and is carrying a firearm. It is a form of insurance and like most insurance, you hope to never need to cash it. Be safe. After you get the CWP, practice often and remember safety first. Good luck!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2020, 3:39 PM

practice and follow good practices when handling...hopefully you will have a good instructor

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2020, 3:55 PM

I need to get mine but have been putting it off. I do believe in open carry too.

Jul 26, 2020, 4:25 PM

In the mean time a shotgun works fine protecting home.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2020, 8:59 AM

We have ours this weekend.

Unfortunately our communist sheriff in Wake County (Raleigh) is holding up gun purchase permits. We submitted ours on June 7. So almost two months later we still don't have the stinking permits.

If we don't get it by Saturday, we won't even be able to use our own guns (already purchased but still at range) in the class.

Buy from a private seller at a gunshow.***

Jul 27, 2020, 10:21 AM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic