Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Going forward, what part of our game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Going forward, what part of our game

Oct 28, 2018, 6:02 PM

Would you like to see more of, or more improvement on? Nitpicking allowed here. Its like having the beauty queen for a GF who cant spell sew Guude, stuff we can always work on a bit. So, It seems as if the short and intermediate passing game has greatly improved for obvious reasons. The defensive front 7 was already pretty stout, so not much worry there, and it seems that the DBs are getting better as well now that they are not playing 5 straight triple option teams. Special teams looks pretty solid for the 1st time in years, and Potter is indeed a weapon on kickoffs. So, as Joe fan in the stands, what area would you love to see improvement or at least more production. For me, I think there are two areas I hope develop more. One, I would still love to see some big, nasty road grading O-Line action. The way they put the D-Line on roller skates against Cuse and Wake was a beautiful thing to behold in my opinion. I do think they as a group are better, especially playing two backups yesterday, but I think many would love to see about 300 rushing a game, making holes and getting those yards even when the D knows its coming. The other is TE play. Seems Lay was targeted once yesterday, a drop. Williams also once I believe. I feel if and when we can get Lay up to speed, that kid with TL could be an absolute weapon on the offense. Looking back, can you imagine what Leggett would be doing right now? And I personally think Lay might have even more upside, time will tell. Anyway, thoughts?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Consistent punting.

Oct 28, 2018, 6:09 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^this^^^^***

Oct 28, 2018, 6:19 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Going forward, what part of our game

Oct 28, 2018, 6:24 PM

The biggest problem going forwards, IMO, is the inconsistent running game. I lay that squarely on inconsistent line play. I know there has been some injuries, but not sure how good we are when some team has great defense.

Oct 28, 2018, 6:52 PM

well FSU stacked the box to stop our running game thinking they could force TL into errors. Guess they thought their D-Backs were good enough to cover one on one and they never changed. Take what the defense gives you.

your whole team should concern you coot.

Oct 28, 2018, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Going forward, what part of our game ]

Oct 28, 2018, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Going forward, what part of our game ]

I think not having our normal starter at center affected our midline blocking.

At first I thought we had a run blocking group that struggled some with pass pro. Now it looks like pass pro is much improved and run blocking has regressed.

FSU and NC state played pretty aggressive against the run though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 11:52 PM

Exactly. I think they went with the somewhat traditional mode of thinking making a freshman QB have to beat you is the best route. I think they were proven wrong, but I kinda get it. Plus, Those were two pretty decent Defensive fronts as well. FSU's biggest problem sure isnt on the D-line.

Oct 28, 2018, 6:54 PM

Obviously our punting needs work, we do not do it much right now but will come CFP time. Switching position could be huge at some point.

Getting TE’s involved in the passing game, not sure why it has not been featured yet.

Nitpicking as you said would be better chemistry on the deep ball, TL makes all the throws and has been great but you asked. We missed a few again at FSU and with more reps I think it will be fine.

Oct 28, 2018, 7:05 PM

1-Punting
2-Score on first possession
3-More consistency from secondary blocking - TEs and RBs
4-More consistency from O line
5-Tighter secondary coverage on short passes.
You said I could nitpick!

Oct 28, 2018, 7:15 PM

going forward i am quite sure i will be as amazed as i am after the next beat down that we put on somebody and one of our so called fans just cant be satisfied and has to start yet another negative thread. guess that is where our country is today. very sad.

Oct 28, 2018, 8:45 PM

deroberts said:

going forward i am quite sure i will be as amazed as i am after the next beat down that we put on somebody and one of our so called fans just cant be satisfied and has to start yet another negative thread. guess that is where our country is today. very sad.

^^^^This.

Oct 28, 2018, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Going forward, what part of our game ]

Not negative at all. I'm thrilled with how they are seeming to peak at the right time of year. I also know that one must constantly work at improvement to excel. You know, "Best is the standard " ? Sorry, guess I should have stuck to the normal t-net schtick of things like "Grade of slaw" and "Serius Kweshun", God forbid I try to talk actual football on, you know..a football board..err I mean Bored for "so-called fans". SMH.

Oct 28, 2018, 11:47 PM

It's a good thing dabo and the team aren't patting themselves on the back thinking about the next beat down they are going to hand out.

There are always opportunities to get better.

Oct 28, 2018, 7:32 PM

The first two games against Bama included significant production from the TEs. Since then, that has been spotty. I think that part of the offense is needed in order to win two games in the CFP.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Oct 28, 2018, 7:39 PM

The halfback screen game, would take some pressure off TL and the OLine. Jimbo Fisher always used it effectively against us. We will need it in the playoff.

TEs catching.***

Oct 28, 2018, 7:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 8:48 PM

Well the punting sucks and if not for dropped balls,wild throws FSU had WRs wide open.
So those 2 have to get better to win the NC.

Lay is still in high school.

Oct 29, 2018, 7:50 AM

I’m sure you mean Braden Galloway.

He needs to gain about 30 pounds of good weight.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lay is still in high school.***

Oct 29, 2018, 12:35 PM

Oops, yeah brain fart. Galloway has nice upside, but you are correct S&C will do a lot for him over the next year or so.

1. Deep Ball Accuracy. 2. TE involvement

Oct 29, 2018, 5:48 PM

Since nitpicking is allowed: Tiger1Dad said it already! The deep ball and getting the TE's involved more. And, punting could be better!

Outside of that; our DB's and WR's blocking and defeating blocks better! But, that's really reaching!

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Punting, getting backs to the edge, and utilizing middle of

Oct 29, 2018, 6:23 PM

the field with TEs or RBs.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 9:50 PM

As dominant as our defense has been we have had sloppy missed tackles in every game. Several times I have seen teammates hold up or stop when they see someone else make the tackle and then the opponent runs for 10 more yards.
Offensively the running backs have progressed nicely but need to be more solid in the passing game.

Quick hitting running plays, preferably with a lead blocker

Oct 29, 2018, 10:19 PM

and ETN running the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quick hitting running plays, preferably with a lead blocker

Oct 29, 2018, 11:00 PM

Agreed. Getting the RB's involved more in the passing game would take the offense to an even higher level! That and TE play in the middle of the field on drag routes!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quick hitting running plays, preferably with a lead blocker

Oct 30, 2018, 4:58 AM

It has to be the running game. FSU did stop stacking the box early as our passing game took off, yet our runs were mostly stifled. Also, TL has missed a few long throws. I'm sure he will get better as the season progresses.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic