Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
God almighty Monte. Learn your lesson.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,957

God almighty Monte. Learn your lesson.

Apr 23, 2019, 6:22 PM

Shelf Keyshawn Askew. He isn’t even close to being ready to pitch at this level. He can’t locate anything. He can’t even come close to locating a curveball so all he throws is fastballs. He is getting shelled every time he pitches. Get him out of there and stop making the same stupid mistake by starting him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: God almighty Monte. Learn your lesson.

Apr 23, 2019, 6:36 PM

Learn your lesson? He already took him out the weekend rotation and is still one of our better arms available midweek now. His era is around 4 right? He’s not getting shelled then. I agree he’s fastball dominant but with work on his off speed pitches he can be a good one

Apr 23, 2019, 6:52 PM

Yes, you read that correctly. He needs to learn his lesson and stop running Askew out there. He is nowhere near one of our best arms right now, he’s actually probably the worst. He started out ok, but he’s not that guy anymore.

His last 3 starts: the first one he went 3 innings giving up 2 runs (he was saved by the bullpen). Next start he went 2.2 innings giving up 5 hits 2 walks and 3 runs. Next start he went 1 inning giving up 4 walks and 2 runs. Then tonight against mighty Winthrop he’s already given up 3 runs in one inning.

He has the chance to be great but he needs to sit and throw lots of bullpens until he learns to locate and throw offspeed pitches for strikes.

Apr 23, 2019, 6:58 PM

Wow. It appears his era is only around 4 because monte has been taking him out in time. Yea maybe Jackson Lindsey deserves another start. We do have 2 midweek games though. With Crawford and henny both back in the weekend rotation who should’ve started today? Marr? Wrobkeski?

Apr 23, 2019, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: God almighty Monte. Learn your lesson. ]

For once I agree with RagE.

05 will create a topic one day that is not a biatch-fest, I just know it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2019, 6:59 PM

There’s a first time for everything

Apr 23, 2019, 7:03 PM

Yup, let the logic ensue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2019, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: God almighty Monte. Learn your lesson. ]

Tiger RagE said:

Learn your lesson? He already took him out the weekend rotation and is still one of our better arms available midweek now. His era is around 4 right? He’s not getting shelled then. I agree he’s fastball dominant but with work on his off speed pitches he can be a good one

NOPE!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,957
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic