Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now that we're staying at 8 conf games it's time to get rid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,786

Now that we're staying at 8 conf games it's time to get rid

May 12, 2014, 10:41 PM

of the permanent cross-division rivals. I don't like the fact that we can go 8 (not a typo) years without playing a specific team in the coastal. Our players need to have a chance to play every team in the ACC in their 4 year careers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go one step further and get rid of divisions.

May 12, 2014, 11:06 PM

In a 14-team league, everybody play everybody else 3 times in every 5-year period with one game left over, so favorite rivals could play 4 times every 5 years. Top two finishers would play in championship game unless they played in regular season. Then first and third play unless they also already played, then go back to first and second.

I like your proposal except for the head to head part. I

May 13, 2014, 7:23 AM

don't care if they've already played, if they're the two best teams let em play it again----could be epic! Last year, people were really wanting to se Clemson and fsu go at it again instead of duke and fsu.

Re: Go one step further and get rid of divisions.

May 13, 2014, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Go one step further and get rid of divisions. ]

The problem there is that the NCAA requires you to have divisions to hold a championship game.

If we're going to change the ncaa rules, I'd rather we get rid of conference championships altogether and replace that weekend with a 13th game for everyone under the condition that everyone adds an extra conference game.

Re: Now that we're staying at 8 conf games it's time to get rid

May 12, 2014, 11:08 PM

they will trot the 9 games out again. just like this year and last year. Surprised swoff didnt change to 9 and then undo it again to really crew everyones sch up again. these bozos are clueless

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly

May 13, 2014, 1:46 AM

I'd rather keep GT as a cross divisional rival. Other than Miami and VT there isn't anybody else in that division that moves the needle. Who can get excited to see UNC, Duke, UVA, or Pitt more often? It's bad enough we have to play Syracuse and BC every year, no need to add more garbage games.

i see your point as well, that's one of the things I don't

May 13, 2014, 7:25 AM

like about the "new" ACC.......would love to be in the sec (though we wouldn't be sec homers!!!!!) but ticket prices would go up a bit. How about the games getting up to $75 and $100 for the games we have now.

I like GT as a perm game, but want to play Miami and VT more***

May 13, 2014, 8:45 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like GT as a perm game, but want to play Miami and VT more***

May 13, 2014, 8:49 AM

Especially now that it appears Venables may have them figured out.

Re: I like GT as a perm game?????

May 13, 2014, 11:30 AM [ in reply to I like GT as a perm game, but want to play Miami and VT more*** ]

I am bald as a cueball and have no hair for a perm.....

Oh, wait.

I has the confuse.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,786
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic