Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Justin Upton
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,562

Justin Upton

Dec 19, 2014, 10:43 AM

I can't believe this..He is the ONLY reason I thought we could still hang on and be a contender this year..It's over now..Pitching is great but useless if we can't score runs. This is really bad news for any Braves fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go cheer yourself up by looking at pictures of Kate Upton***

Dec 19, 2014, 10:58 AM

Re: Go cheer yourself up by looking at pictures of Kate Upton***

Dec 19, 2014, 11:00 AM

Hahahahahahaha...that might help!

Re: Justin Upton

Dec 19, 2014, 11:02 AM

He was approached on a couple occasions about a possible extension and refused on both occasions...same as the little golden boy Heyward who thinks hes worth more than he really is...

Upton wants to hit the market which is his right...He will definitely get paid because he is a VERY GOOD hitter...Going to miss him...unfortunately we lost the wrong Upton today

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 19, 2014, 11:07 AM

Wow, I didn't know about that..Guess he wanted out..He was definitely my favorite player but maybe his brother will come around but probably not.

Heyward will get an extremely large contract, as will

Dec 19, 2014, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Justin Upton ]

Upton after this season. No need for the "golden boy" comment. The Braves couldn't afford either one of them. It's the reality of being a mid-market team.

Re: Heyward will get an extremely large contract, as will

Dec 19, 2014, 11:27 AM

He will unfortunately be wanting/getting a massive contract based upon his defensive abilities alone...You will obviously disagree but I really don't care.

Message was edited by: jsebe10®

Message was edited by: jsebe10®

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I don't see what the problem is.

Dec 19, 2014, 11:29 AM

Defense is a great reason to get paid.

Re: I don't see what the problem is.

Dec 19, 2014, 11:34 AM

It further destroys an already ungodly destroyed market...When a team gives Heyward $24+m its going to get every below average hitting OF that can catch a fly ball thinking they deserve that type of money...

Going to hate seeing him in that new uniform, though.

Re: I don't see what the problem is.

Dec 19, 2014, 12:06 PM

> It further destroys an already ungodly destroyed
> market...When a team gives Heyward $24+m its going to
> get every below average hitting OF that can catch a
> fly ball thinking they deserve that type of money...
>
> Going to hate seeing him in that new uniform, though.

When that guy has the best range of any RF, is still young, and clearly has the potential to be an elite hitter, he probably will get paid.

Face it, the Braves screwed up Heyward's hitting by messing with his stance and swing constantly and trying to make him a leadoff hitter. It's going to suck watching Heyward reach his potential as a Cardinal.

Dec 19, 2014, 11:04 AM

We will miss Justin, but we didn't score runs last year either. We need his brother to start hitting since he is the highest paid on the team.

The Braves are not planning on contending this year...

Dec 19, 2014, 11:15 AM

Sorry you're disappointed, but previous moves made that obvious so far this off-season. They had to move Upton.

Re: The Braves are not planning on contending this year...

Dec 19, 2014, 11:18 AM

Sad thing is, I think our offense will be a little bit better next season because we have guys that can actually put the ball in play... Power will obviously be down with the exception of Gattis and Freeman, but we should be putting the ball in play a lot more now...

Trying to rebuild the impoverished farm system.

Dec 19, 2014, 11:19 AM

And shoot for 2017, when the new park opens. They won't be a 100-loss team or anything, because they have a good pitching staff, but they won't contend for the playoffs.

Re: The Braves are not planning on contending this year...

Dec 19, 2014, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: The Braves are not planning on contending this year... ]

Man I REALLY hope you're right!

We had the 29th ranked offense last year.

Dec 19, 2014, 12:09 PM

Not exactly lighting the world on fire. Everyone is acting like the new GM is breaking up a world series team. We sucked last year plain and simple!! We'll be much better off trying to have good pitching with timely hitting rather than trying to hit a #### homerun every time and just striking out. Everybody has forgotten how bad Atlanta was this past September.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,562
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic