Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 463

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man

Nov 23, 2014, 2:42 PM

to fish… and you feed him for a lifetime.

UPDATED: “Give a man a welfare check, a cell phone, cash for his clunker, food stamps, free breakfast and lunch at school for his 8 kids from 7 mothers, free backpacks, school supplies and clothes for his kids, Section 8 housing, Medicaid, 100 weeks of unemployment checks, needles and drugs… and he will vote Democrat for a lifetime.”

Amnesty for 5,000,000 law breaking illegal aliens creates lifetime democrats too (especially after they get in line for the freebies too!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with 1rst paragraph except about the kids.

Nov 23, 2014, 2:52 PM

Not their fault. Conservatives ought to support school meals for them. And its cheap for what it does. And unemployment insurance is a safety net rather than an entitlement. But the result, yes.

As to the illegals being made legal, they may save social security. Cant discount that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regarding your last paragraph....

Nov 24, 2014, 10:46 AM

When I meet one who pays taxes, even after becoming "legal", I will no longer discount that. Taxes are the main reason Obama's order will do virtually nothing. These people are working and living in the US to maximize what they can send back to their wives and children in Mexico. Plus, they've been here for years without being deported. So why is a promise to do something they haven't done anyway going to coax them into sending less money back to their families?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man

Nov 23, 2014, 2:55 PM

Fox news website broke again?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I imagine a large percentage of the people work pretty hard

Nov 23, 2014, 4:41 PM

and aren't here for the freebies...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point. I think all anyone would ask is that anyone be

Nov 23, 2014, 5:19 PM

a net payer rather than taker. The fear, justified or not, is that they come for the freebies. Some do. Is that the norm or the exception?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 4:49 PM

gee, if poor people would just learn to fish, right wing Christians would not look like such hypocrites.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 5:46 PM

seriously...I want to hear a conservative articulate an idea that does not involve a reference to christianity, the bible, or something they heard on Fox News or Rush Limbaugh. Just one clear original thought... I used to identify with the Republican Party but they lost me when the religious faction took over and they forgot how to compromise.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man ]

It is almost impossible to find truck drivers for 50 k per year.....that should tell you something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I represent a bunch of truck drivers in litigation over

Nov 25, 2014, 11:09 AM

wages.

They make nowhere close to $50k. They work on piece-mile-stop, which results in an hourly rate so low that it sometimes falls below the minimum wage.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 463
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic