Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Give Andy Teasdall a break
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Give Andy Teasdall a break

Dec 6, 2015, 8:53 AM

This kid was a walk-on after a successful career in lacrosse. Hell, he may have never picked up a football prior to trying out. Yep, probably the worst decision a punter could possibly make, but give him a break. He's just a kid, and as our first-string punter, he needs to put it behind him so he can go out there and kill it in the face of 300 lb monsters trying to break his legs.

As good fans, let's help him put this behind him.

Bygones,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not like we have a choice.

Dec 6, 2015, 8:55 AM

If we had a serviceable backup punter, he would have been in the rest of the game (and probably season) after that move.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not like we have a choice.

Dec 6, 2015, 8:59 AM

Agreed but we don't. The only thing I admire is that I think he thought he could contribute and was out there competing. That is the only thing I admire. Completely undisciplined, could've cost us the game in slightly different circumstances. Glad it happened last night. I think he learned his lesson and will move on. We probably do need more options at punter. Thank God for that win! Way to go boys, 13-0! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Give Andy Teasdall a break

Dec 6, 2015, 8:58 AM

I agree he needs to put it behind him but he nor the team needs to act like it did not happen. Heck I never played in college and never punted anywhere but sandlot but I know better than to try a fake punt when it was not called.
It was the conference championship game and it was in doubt and he wanted to be a hero and gave the heels a TD. Could have been the game.
Very very selfish play!
Now Go Tigers!

Dec 6, 2015, 9:15 AM

Yes, give him a little slack. If you go back and watch the play he did not necessarily make the wrong decision
He was going to get it blocked because they were rushing hard the side he was going to Rugby style kick it. So at least he got a few yards. The only thing he might could of done is after he turned to run try to get of a kick from the other side away from pressure.

Dec 6, 2015, 9:21 AM

I was a kicker and punter through college and I think he saw the Carolina players coming from the right and panicked.
With that said, we really need to recruit kickers that can reach the end zone consistently on kickoffs and punters that can flip the field, like the FSU kid. I've seen a few this season in High School. Weddington HS in Charlotte have two that can do both.

Dec 6, 2015, 9:22 AM

I keep thinking about how different our opinions would be if he had made the first down :) Instead of the goat he would be the hero lol.

Dabo was smart enough to realize he needed to get him back out there and not let it affect the rest of the game. He chewed his butt for a good while then moved on. Smart move.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus Dabo wanted to w the game..

Dec 6, 2015, 9:38 AM

Teasdall was still our best option moving forward after the blunder. His job was pretty secure.

It's already fine..

Dec 6, 2015, 9:41 AM

That said, I am still going to laugh about it for years to come. If we win the National Title, it will be an amazing memory from an amazing season.

Dec 6, 2015, 9:47 AM

Everyone will be over it in a few days but let's not make this "kid" sound like a such a victim either. He has averaged 38-yard punts all season long, hardly a stellar performance. And during a championship game, in week 13, he shouldn't have done what he did, period. But I don't think anyone will hate this kid or hold a grudge.

He saw what he thought was a wide open field,

Dec 6, 2015, 9:52 AM

and got wide-eyed. I can most-positively assure all that "he won't do dat no mo, OK!?"

Dec 6, 2015, 9:53 AM

After the way dabo lit his a** up last night. I dont think he will ever try that again in his career at Clemson. He will be alright. Kinda like a child they mess up as a parent. You gotta correct that child

Dec 6, 2015, 10:37 AM

Are we recruiting a punter for next year?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

It appears UNC was going to block it unless he goes left

Dec 6, 2015, 10:41 AM

and punts a rugby kick. Just like it is difficult to run left and throw, it is hard to go left and punt. I don't think we blocked it very well and he panicked

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic