Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gigantic OT Xavier Truss commits to UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Gigantic OT Xavier Truss commits to UGA

Jun 17, 2018, 8:43 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gigantic OT Xavier Truss commits to UGA

Jun 17, 2018, 9:18 PM

Wow, that’s depressing. 247 had him forever 100 % to penn st. Number 1 player from RI. We really wanted and needed him. WTH is uga secret? What are they really telling these guys or doing or what. They’re doing what we did last year but been killing it since smart took over.

I know it’s been discussed a gazillion times but I’m getting a little nervous about our recruiting class this year and why it seems like we can’t consistently get OL. Yeah we had an awesome year 18 and brought in Patrick etc but really what is our avg star rating for OL the last 5 classes.

Another thing, uga and usuck is hurting our recruiting. A few short years ago they weren’t getting crap. Not that concerned about coots but I am with uga. They’re tearing up our base.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t know our rating avg for the last 5 years for OL but

Jun 17, 2018, 9:25 PM

I do know Clemson has been in the championships for the last THREE years. Tearing up or base??? Ga. Is their base and we have gotten great players from GA every year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don’t know our rating avg for the last 5 years for OL but

Jun 17, 2018, 9:27 PM

Evweryone , I thought, knew how SEC teams get players. Bag men are at every school. Well, maybe not Vandy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2018, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Don’t know our rating avg for the last 5 years for OL but ]

Look, not going to argue with you because it’s obvious you want to start one. My post is more about long term strategy. We do get great players from ga. But we used to have our pick.

It’d usually come down to us or bama. If the coots show progress and uf , Tennessee with new coaches then it becomes more competitive and we have to cast a wider net to continue the stream of great players. We’re doing that well for now and as long as we continue to only have to recruit a small class the better off we’ll be.

I’m taking my que from listening to Dabo talk about recruiting and long term strategy etc. and he’s always said we have to maintain our base and expand smartly. It just appears this year we’re offering kids that we haven’t in the past several years. Someone said in another thread they’re weren’t many DT’s ranked high this season but they really are quite a bit. We just haven’t landed any yet.

As stated above I’m just a little nervous. And don’t come at me with the stars aren’t everything arg. No it’s not but it’s a darn good indication over time.

Long explanation. Read it if you want, Don’t really care.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure how you can say we “used to have our pick” in GA.

Jun 17, 2018, 11:02 PM

Thats just simply not true.

We have occasionally beaten The Dawgs for a player they really wanted, but not very often.

The fact is they have always cherry picked the Peach State for pretty much who ever THEY wanted.

Recently ... very recently (in the grand scope of things) we’ve taken a few players out of Georgia that UGA might have coveted, but historically, we’ve only signed good players that they had no real interest in.

And yes, we’ve used those guys to beat The Dawgs occasionally, but guys like Homer Jordan, Terry Allen, Keith Adams, Wayne Gallman, Ryan Carter, greatly outnumber guys like Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence.

Because Georgia can’t possibly sign ALL the good players in the state, we have had our share of talent come our way, but you could count on one hand the number of real head-to-head recruiting battles that Clemson has won over Georgia for a player from thst state.

We have never "had our pick" of recruits in GA

Jun 17, 2018, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t know our rating avg for the last 5 years for OL but ]

and I would disagree it would usually come down to us or Alabama. Georgia recruits their home state very well.

Are you serious? Someone posts a different OPINION than

Jun 18, 2018, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Don’t know our rating avg for the last 5 years for OL but ]

you and they are trying to start an argument? At least I’m not the one depressed from Ga getting a commitment. Might want to step back from recruiting news for a while.

Jun 18, 2018, 4:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Don’t know our rating avg for the last 5 years for OL but ]

UGA has always recruited well go back and look at all the top 5 and top 10 classes they had before K. Smart got there, and almost all were from Georgia.

Clemson has not had their pick of players in Georgia that UGA wanted.
DW4 not offered by UGA
Grady Jarret not offered by UGA
Vic Beasley not offered by UGA

When was the last time Clemson got a top OL out Georgia? ( Mitch Hyatt) and we can thank his uncle for that)but I can’t remember another one. When was the last time Clemson beat UGA on a RB out of Georgia? James Davis wasn’t offered by UGA. When was the last time Clemson got a top DT out of Georgia? When was the last time Clemson beat UGA for a top WR in Georgia?

The only top players Clemson has beaten UGA on out of Georgia lately are TL16, Tre Lamar, and AJ Terrell. The list of players UGA has beaten Clemson on is 10X longer.

Clemson gets a lot players out of Georgia because UGA can’t get them all and the talent their is 10X deeper than in SC. Metro Atlanta produces dozens of D1 DB’s every year and that is the position Clemson mainly signs out of Georgia. The states also produces lots of DE’s almost every year and UGA usually gets the ones they really want and I don’t see that changing.

Jun 18, 2018, 7:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Gigantic OT Xavier Truss commits to UGA ]

Even when Georgia wasn't playing a good brand of football, they were able to recruit well - their immediate recruiting footprint is so strong. But now Georgia is able to stand up to Alabama and that's important for recruits. Winning a lot of games helps recruiting, but playing an exciting brand of football and standing toe to toe with Alabama is the reputation that many top recruits value.

SEC is finding great ways to invest their SEC network money!!!

Jun 17, 2018, 9:42 PM

If you just put two and two together it's obvious especially at USuC!! How else can they come in and steal a player right from our last recruiting class??
You would think they would look at the Ole Miss coach and learn but never do.

So..

Jun 18, 2018, 8:30 AM

should we quit playing football, after this batch of pretty talented players graduate?

Just asking.......

Oh, i am concerned about UGa’s extremely top notch recruiting as well as sc’s much lessor but respectable signees but that was expected due to new incoming coaches..and now with newest hirees at UFL, UT, AK & aTm it’s going to really get tight for Clemson, thus the CA & RI offers when needed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2018, 9:23 AM

SAM PITTMAN is the MAN!. The kid just came off visits to Bama and Auburn then stops by Athens for two days and commits......with this depth chart staring at him.

Isaiah Wilson 5*
D'Marcus Hayes 4*
Andrew Thomas 4*
Netori Johnson 4*
Justin Shaffer 3*

Jamaree Salyer 5*
Cade Mays 5*
Trey Hill 4*
Owen Condon 3*
Warren Erickson 4*

Xavier Truss 4*

Jun 18, 2018, 10:16 AM

I guess Shaffer and Condon only being 3 stars, will be kicked to the curb pretty soon

Jun 18, 2018, 11:03 AM

I guess Shaffer and Condon only being 3 stars, will be kicked to the curb pretty soon

Actually Shaffer was pushing for PT even last year. Condon is recooping a knee I think but yes.....if they're not contributing Kirby will process them down the line. We finally have a HC who manages the ENTIRE Roster.....right through the PWO program. No more room for legacies that will ride the bench...every single scholarship/walk-on has a purpose now.

very haste decision

Jun 18, 2018, 9:33 AM

no one predicted that. Usually when someone catches wind of a commitment you see CB's galore until he officially commits. He was 100% Penn St. before that visit.

Pretty obvious Smart is doing his best Hugh Freze impression***

Jun 18, 2018, 11:19 AM

Re: Pretty obvious Smart is doing his best Hugh Freze impression***

Jun 18, 2018, 11:27 AM

PioneerG said:

UGA sells itself....no bagmen required!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive