Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Giants' Wayne Gallman emerging from shadow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,347

Giants' Wayne Gallman emerging from shadow

Aug 17, 2018, 2:55 PM

https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/08/who_benefits_most_from_saquon_barkleys_absence_gia.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Giants' Wayne Gallman emerging from shadow

Aug 17, 2018, 4:04 PM

New York & NJ will soon know the real 1-2 punch on the roster! Let’s go Wayne!

Aug 17, 2018, 4:22 PM

"I'm gaining respect for what he is as a runner, a pass-catcher, and a blocker."

That's high praise, from a coach. That's a guy who will always, always have a place on the 53.

Notice also Wayne Gallman goes about his business without a hint of rancor or attitude, and backs the youngster without reservation.

Gallman is a very good RB, and there is no doubt he has NFL-caliber talent. His burst, toughness, and vision are things you can't teach. But mostly Gallman is self-made. He isn't a first-round physique or mutant physical specimen, and he's never going to have that fifth breakaway gear. But what's going to allow him to play 10+ years in the NFL are his willingness to contribute selflessly and on every play and every situation, his professionalism, his toughness, his coachability, and his lack of attitude towards his fellow teammates.

Gallman, to me, is a definite poster boy of what "Clemson guys" so often are under Dabo. Clemson guys almost always know their trade because they've been coached so well. Their heads are usually attached correctly. They do their jobs, and they generally don't cause trouble in their locker rooms.

I think that's a big reason as many as 16 Clemson players have draft grades attached to them this year, and NFL scouts are going to be living in Tigertown all season long. Our guys are just incredibly well developed - off the field, as well as on it.

Kind of cool to see.

Aug 17, 2018, 5:25 PM

^^This^^

Re-watch the National Title win and you'll find Gallman sacrificing his body make blocks on big plays.

I recall DW4's rushing TD where Gallman got smacked pretty good but made a key block. He also sprinted something like 40 yards to make a block on Cain's long screen play.

I caught a few minutes of the Giants-Browns preseason game. Wayne had some nice catches out of the backfield.

Hopefully a great 2018 for him!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about that App State punk who pulled DW4’s face mask?

Aug 17, 2018, 8:07 PM

Buried him. That’s a teammate, and that’s letting your play do your talking. Total selfless player.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about that App State punk who pulled DW4’s face mask?

Aug 17, 2018, 10:28 PM

Hated that he took that Nancy Tate “non-targeting” textbook TARGETING, aimed right for the ear hole to “take out” our running back. Someone should take out Doeren’s knee on a run out of bounds sometime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Another outstanding representative of Clemson University

Aug 17, 2018, 7:35 PM

Wayne is a plodder...all effort, all the time. He keeps his head down and puts the work in. Flew under the radar in college, and is doing the same in the league. No police blotter, no taking a knee during the pledge.

Kind of the opposite of Robert Nkemdiche.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope all the current Clemson RBs are paying attention.

Aug 17, 2018, 8:57 PM

You gotta be able to catch and block too. Lots of guys can run.

Aug 17, 2018, 9:07 PM

One of my favourite players. Giants were stupid to waste such a high draft pick on Barkley.

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,347
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic