Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Getting something off of my chest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Getting something off of my chest

Jan 4, 2018, 6:00 PM

I wasn't ready for the season to be over. It felt like my heart was ripped from my chest. It seemed so sudden. I was hellbent on a Natty. If not a repeat then at least making it to the final.

College football is a wonderful thing and our Tigers are the elite of the elite. But college football is also a fickle goddess. Sometimes the best team doesn't always win. We are better than Alabama in so many ways, but that night just wasn't going to be our night. It happens to the best of the best.

We've had a great year and our Tigers are the talk of college football and will be for years to come. I can't say how much I appreciate Dabo and all that the coaches do.

There is greatness in those hills and our dynasty is just beginning.

I just wasn't ready for it to be over yet this year, and it still stings.

Go Tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said***

Jan 4, 2018, 6:04 PM

Re: Getting something off of my chest

Jan 4, 2018, 6:28 PM

Talk about a spoil of riches. To give some perspective, only 10 programs have won national championships and a majority of those same programs have played for, but not won a national title. That's 10 out of 128 teams. Not winning a national title every year but a realistic chance to win one is a good problem to have.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2018, 11:01 PM

We do enjoy an embarrassment of riches, no doubt.

But saturday night, it felt like I was about to take a bite out of a delicious shrimp and a seagull swept in and stole it right before I put it in my mouth.

It's a good problem to have, being in the playoffs....but man, I had my heart set on that big shrimp!

Yes, and mine had a bunch of cocktail sauce on it, too.***

Jan 5, 2018, 11:32 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2018, 1:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Getting something off of my chest ]

Opening my emails on Tuesday morning and was faced with the harsh reality, that reality is harsh.

I think that sums it up for most of us.***

Jan 4, 2018, 6:29 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 4, 2018, 6:31 PM

this has nothing to do with german women. :(

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

College football is fickle, and I think that is one

Jan 4, 2018, 7:03 PM

reason why we love it! Alabama and Georgia are playing for the National Championship Monday night. Auburn beat both of them during the regular season. There are always ups and downs. “Out of the blue” Georgia had a great recruiting year. Hats off to them, but am still amazed how they did this. It doesn’t hurt that, next to Florida, Georgia High Schools have the most talent in the South. At the same time, UGA loses a lot of talent, so I do not expect them to be 11-1 next year. For the first time in five - ten years Alabama’s recruiting class was not in the top two. This will affect them in two or three years.

Also, check our scheduls next year. Only toss up game is at FSU. Otherwise we should win all the rest!

Jan 6, 2018, 12:32 AM

we will be back in the playoffs.....real soon........Go Tigers!!!!

Jan 6, 2018, 1:38 AM

I’m with you 100% and couldn’t agree more!

When the playoff committee announced their selections (as expected), I thought to myself that we could put them away early in the game. As soon as that reporter asked CDS why he voted OSU #4 in front of Coach Saban, I just knew that was bulletin material for them. Then of course my perspective started to shift. I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but why was that question asked? And how is that stuff not confidential?

Regardless, I still feel three things happened that night; 1.) Clemson beat Clemson 2.) We severely lost the field position battle 3) Our o-line had a tough night. Alabama played that underdog/revenge card really well. It left a sour taste in my mouth as well, but I’m sure the returning players are chomping at the bit for a little revenge next year!

Dilly Dilly

Jan 6, 2018, 2:13 AM

+1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic