Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Getting ready to move back home
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 815

Getting ready to move back home

Aug 6, 2013, 5:42 PM

I have been in the Army for almost 5 years now and recently separated due to my wife passing away in November of last year. I do need a job due to having 2 sons and in the need to support them. I do have family that lives in the Powdersville area. In the process of filling out an application to become a SC state trooper, but as you guys know that is not a job right now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The money is awful but better than nothing

Aug 6, 2013, 5:47 PM

until you find what you want consider being a substitute teacher. Very flexible schedule and it sounds like you would be a great role model especially for the young kids if you have the patience.

Thanks for your service and very sorry for your loss.

GOOD LUCK!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Getting ready to move back home

Aug 6, 2013, 6:10 PM

ZF Transmissions is hiring 450 in Ft Inn

http://fountaininnchamber.org/web/employment/46-employment/112-zf-transmissions-llc

Not sure what you are looking for

Don't know your MOS, but that's always a good basis

Aug 6, 2013, 6:36 PM

from which to begin job hunting. There are veterans' assistance organizations for job placements in S.C. that may be of help. You might, also, try Michelin or, perhaps, Amazon.com in the Columbia area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't know your MOS, but that's always a good basis

Aug 6, 2013, 7:22 PM

Michelin would be your best bet.Great working conditions,
good people, great benefits and more.They love ex military
people.If you were in a supervisory position,you
could get a heads up.Pre- employment tests are within
your reach.

any sheriffs office,corrections officer,etc. would be great.

Aug 6, 2013, 6:46 PM

please don't go schippy. they are a waste of our taxpayers money. i'll drive down the highway at 5-9 miles an hour over the limit, and cars fly by me on the interstate and they do nothing, yet on an u.s. highway, i go to turn into my subdivision,and they pull me over for a burnt-out brakelight (during the day)i'll never forget that, p.o.'d me,bad.they should dissolve that agency and put the money into the city/county p.d.s'!

Re: Getting ready to move back home

Aug 6, 2013, 7:09 PM

I do appreciate the help so far. I do miss SC and Tiger football. Does anybody know anything about South Carolina Business Consulting? They called me today for a pre-limenary interview.

Replies: 6
| visibility 815
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic