Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Getting ahead of what may come win or lose
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,362

Getting ahead of what may come win or lose

Sep 16, 2014, 11:06 AM

O'kay, we have an opportunity. There -- it is not a guarantee but an opportunity. If the Tigers don't live up to the opportunity against number 1 on the road -- I still think we will have a good year--with 2 loses on our record but still a great opportunity to finish strong. However, I know how crazy Tigernet is after a lost so I don't think I will even visit for 3 to 4 days because of all the crazy crap people will post. You know--Fire(fill in the blank)_________, Coots are great, We just suck, etc. etc.

On the other hand--let's say we are fortunate and win. O'kay. Big. Yes. But does that mean we go undefeated from then on. No. One game at a time. FSU will be hoping we fall and they can make the difference up somewhere in the rest of Clemson's schedule. I think tons of hype will be created if we win. And hype is not a good thing sometimes for a team on a mission who needs to block out all the fluff.

Anyway, try to keep it real Saturday night no matter the way it goes for the Tigers. (I know, that's a losing cause in itself).

Oh, by the way, I will be pulling for our boys as hard as I can. I hope they take advantage of the opportunity given them. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Getting ahead of what may come win or lose

Sep 16, 2014, 11:17 AM

I agree with your analysis except in one area.
IF, and that's a big if in my mind, we get blown out again, I truly believe it is high time for the entire program to be carefully examined. I honestly cannot think of another high profile program that has this problem that we have had. I'm not suggesting terminations but I am suggesting that it further signals all is not well with our vaunted Tiger program. Yes, I know we beat some big teams--OSU, Auburn, LSU, etc. but the fact is we get blown out far too often, IMO

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

college football coach is a tough job and sometimes it calls

Sep 16, 2014, 11:21 AM

for tough decisions to be made. I, for one, think we can do what nobody else thinks we can.....shock the world!

Sep 16, 2014, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Getting ahead of what may come win or lose ]

You're way ahead of yourself and way off base. Posting "what ifs" assuming we get blown out is about as pessamistic and negative as you can get. I guess you could be worse if your reaction was to make wholesale changes to a program that has been as successful and whose future looks as bright as ours.

Last season, we had 2 bad losses. One was a true blow out to the team who won the national championship. We had a bad day; they had a great day. They were also a better more veteran team, particularly on defense.

In the usc-e loss, we actually were the better team (IMO). Sadly, we put so much pressure on ourselves that we made critical mistakes. Make no mistake about it, we lost that game between our ears. Tajh Boyd was an obvious example of this, but he was far from alone.

Besides those two games, we had a great year. A top 10 finish and an Orange Bowl win is better than we've done since the 80s. I don't really see what needs to change.

Two years ago, we lost to FSU by 12 on the road and by 10 to the ##### in Clemson. We also beat Auburn and LSU and finished in the top 15. All in all, a very good year.

This season, we have a new quarterback and have to rely on a number of young skill players. In addition to a record setting 3 year starter at QB, we lost our 2 best OLs, our 2 best WRs, our top RB. I would like to be, but we probably aren't at the level where we just reload. We're getting much closer, however, and making knee jerk changes is not warranted.

+1.***

Sep 16, 2014, 6:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he was predicting one way or the other just

Sep 16, 2014, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Getting ahead of what may come win or lose ]

A voice of reason among fans. Hopeless cause

Sep 16, 2014, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Getting ahead of what may come win or lose ]

tigerby: Ok. Tell me another program that has suffered the massive loss margins that we have. I'm waiting. answer is you may have to go back 20-50 years if then. I'm a loyalist to the Tigers and always will be but because I bring up a true fact, you like many on this site, get all bent out of shape. You really need to get real and face reality. It's always "tomorrow" and my question simple: when does tomorrow come?

Sep 16, 2014, 11:22 AM

no orange mardi party for you in tally athomas? looks like you have it covered one way or the other. I will try to check in on some of the HISTORICAL sites for you, as you are a history man, and report back to you. plan to play golf a few days earlier in st. Augustine, which as you know is the OLDEST city in the usa. I will be looking for the fountain of youth that a famous explorer claimed was there. REPORT COMING NEXT WEEK!

O'kay orange buddy. You have a big one in Florida.***

Sep 16, 2014, 11:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em leadcapon

Sep 16, 2014, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Getting ahead of what may come win or lose ]

smh

Well stated. Thumbs up***

Sep 16, 2014, 7:01 PM

sounds like you"re expecting a loss***

Sep 16, 2014, 7:08 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2014, 7:55 PM

> O'kay, we have an opportunity. There -- it is not a
> guarantee but an opportunity. If the Tigers don't
> live up to the opportunity against number 1 on the
> road -- I still think we will have a good year--with
> 2 loses on our record but still a great opportunity
> to finish strong. However, I know how crazy Tigernet
> is after a lost so I don't think I will even visit
> for 3 to 4 days because of all the crazy crap people
> will post. You know--Fire(fill in the
> blank)_________, Coots are great, We just suck, etc.
> etc.
>
> On the other hand--let's say we are fortunate and
> win. O'kay. Big. Yes. But does that mean we go
> undefeated from then on. No. One game at a time. FSU
> will be hoping we fall and they can make the
> difference up somewhere in the rest of Clemson's
> schedule. I think tons of hype will be created if we
> win. And hype is not a good thing sometimes for a
> team on a mission who needs to block out all the
> fluff.
>
> Anyway, try to keep it real Saturday night no matter
> the way it goes for the Tigers. (I know, that's a
> losing cause in itself).
>
> Oh, by the way, I will be pulling for our boys as
> hard as I can. I hope they take advantage of the
> opportunity given them. GO
> TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solid post. Good stuff.

Sep 16, 2014, 9:08 PM

Yes, big opportunity, and no, if it does not work out vs. FSU still a great season potentially if win out. Be cool dudes, and stop hating on everyone, CFB is about enjoying the moment, the season and the overall experience. We will all be gone soon soon enough, enjoy what comes as it may while you are still here. It is all good.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,362
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic