Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Get ready for ball-control offense in Tally
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,395

Get ready for ball-control offense in Tally

Oct 23, 2016, 6:10 PM

I think Dabo and staff are going to put a heavy emphasis, perhaps an over-emphasis, on protecting the ball and taking the base hits. Look for alot of "safe" calls and traditional run sets with Gallman getting 3 yards a clip.

Atleast that's my prediction. Dont fret, though. If Clemson can win or tie the turnover margin we will win this game. Period. We don't have to play perfect or even our A game to win in Tally. I think Dabo will be preaching that to the team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Get ready for ball-control offense in Tally

Oct 23, 2016, 6:12 PM

With that depleted secondary of theirs? No way. I'm thinking it's the Deshaun Watson show and 400+ in the air.

Oct 23, 2016, 7:02 PM

I do think that ball security will be a heavy emphasis all game but, I do believe that DW4 will put on an air raid show for those folks in Tallahassee!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2016, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Get ready for ball-control offense in Tally ]

I agree, we usually let it all out against FSU, I expect ElliottScott to have a few new wrinkles, and exploit the FSU secondary, then pound the rock with Wayne.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Man I hope not. We suck offensively when we're conservative***

Oct 23, 2016, 6:12 PM

Good, maybe we will suck to 22-1.***

Oct 23, 2016, 9:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2016, 6:18 PM

> I think Dabo and staff are going to put a heavy
> emphasis, perhaps an over-emphasis, on protecting the
> ball and taking the base hits. Look for alot of
> "safe" calls and traditional run sets with Gallman
> getting 3 yards a clip.
>
> Atleast that's my prediction. Dont fret, though. If
> Clemson can win or tie the turnover margin we will
> win this game. Period. We don't have to play perfect
> or even our A game to win in Tally. I think Dabo will
> be preaching that to the team.

UNC had 405 yards passing

Louisville had 216 yards passing

Ole Miss had 313 yards passing

Dabo will outsmart them and run the ball?

Do you plan on Gallman falling down after 3 yards?

If we average 3 yards rushing - We'll lose.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I agree . . . BUT . . .

Oct 23, 2016, 6:33 PM

I agree, but I hope for goodness sake, that we do introduce an element of strategic ball control in Tallahassee if the situation is right and we have a chance. Often we go all out in all the wrong ways. We don't get conservative when we ought, and then when we finally do, we do it horribly. In other words, we could be up by 17 points with a quarter left - and we'd keep throwing it a lot, stopping the clock a lot, and racking up quick possessions that maximize the other team's opportunities to come back. Then when we finally do get conservative, it's the type of conservatism that would make even Woody Hayes roll his eyes. Predictable, unproductive, and not well-mixed to take advantage of the element of surprise. This jekyll and Hyde style of playcalling has us jet-sweeping and wheel routing and zone-reading all the way up the field, only to degrade into repeated-nothingburger between the tackle uber-predictibility later on in the game. We need to go conservative when the time is right, and then, when it's right, we need to do it in a way that doesn't amount to killing our production entirely.

Yep, That would be the Tommy Bowden way.***

Oct 23, 2016, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Get ready for ball-control offense in Tally ]

Oct 23, 2016, 6:29 PM

The only time we will play conservative will be from goal line to the 40, once we pass that mark we will open up the play book. IMO

Oct 23, 2016, 6:42 PM

Yes, we're gonna change our entire offensive philosophy for this game, the same philosophy that has these offensive coordinators at 22-1. I swear you people have too much free time on your hands.

Oct 23, 2016, 7:10 PM

Another Clemson ?? will be born in Tallahassee the night of October 29th!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people wouldn't be happy if we were 50-1. Still

Oct 23, 2016, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Get ready for ball-control offense in Tally ]

upset that the coaches can't figure out what they are doing wrong. Wow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2016, 6:43 PM

I think we should play a wide open style , there is nothing advantageous in allowing your past fumbles/interceptions to dictate how you play the next game .
Clemson has a stud QB and some haymaker playmakers all over the place ...so you let them bust it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 23, 2016, 7:11 PM

????ding ding ding!!!

The more plays you run the more likely you will turn it over

Oct 23, 2016, 6:58 PM

Quick touchdown drives aren't the problem. We need to utilize our wide receiver talent advantage and play action pass off of Gallman's running to gash them early and often.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get ready for a loss, then.

Oct 23, 2016, 8:16 PM

We need speed/tempo (that helps the run game), Deshaun to finally connect on a deep ball, and the jet sweep (can ANYONE block on this team) to work if we're going to win.

Our playoff game is Saturday night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 23, 2016, 8:38 PM

We just need to run our 2 minute offense for 60 minutes and we will be fine.

Go Tigers!

Oct 23, 2016, 8:45 PM

Considering our penchant for losing the TOP and turnover battle more often than not, I hope that's not the case.

Incorrect sir

Oct 23, 2016, 8:50 PM

Coach already has said they will work a bit on ball control in practice but aren't going to make a big deal of it. They are just going to play through it.
In no way are they going to change their plan to account for possible turnovers.
Clemson will be Clemson - Tigers and not timid pussycats.

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,395
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic