Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
General concensus among FSU fans and media.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

General concensus among FSU fans and media.

Sep 28, 2020, 2:22 PM

It's time for a youth movement, starting this Saturday.

James Blackman should never play a meaningful snap at QB again. He's a nice guy, but for whatever reason he just cannot perform during the game.

Tamarrion Terry and Marvin Wilson should both opt out, today!
(Terry is the prima donna WR who is projected to be a 1st or 2nd round draft pick. He's also the guy seen arguing with our WR coach during the game. Marvin Wilson is the DT who was projected to be a first round pick last year. He is also the "team leader" who went on social media and calle Norvell a liar. He is the chief spokeman for social justice.)
Both are cancers on the team and should be exorcized immediately.

Our OL is as bad as it ever has been, but if we had a QB (either of the true freshmen) who understood how to read defenses, call out the blocking schemes and get rid of the ball quicker things would not be as bad as they seem.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: General concensus among FSU fans and media.

Sep 28, 2020, 2:23 PM

and IF we had Bobby Bowden and Charlie Ward back....................etc.

Sep 28, 2020, 2:29 PM

Today we're saying, "If D'Eriq King had transferred to FSU....."

With the FSU OL, he wouldn't make much difference***

Sep 28, 2020, 2:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 28, 2020, 2:31 PM

The main problem with a youth movement is that it makes it tougher to build culture in a positive way. The older players who are already not great for culture are not less content with less playing time and they start to get in the ears of some of the younger players who weren't the ones thrust onto the field.

It also can cause you to get beat even worse than when the talent is on the field because if the younger guys were ready they would have already beaten somebody out.

There does need to be a youth movement, but in attitude and not in playing time. You let the young guys see what the trash is doing on the field with their way of doing things and then you teach the younger players how to do things differently.

As the season goes it turns from a practice field thing into more playing time for the guys that are buying in.

If you do it abruptly, it won't end well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2020, 2:39 PM

Why don't your coaches do something about Terry and Wilson? They're the ones that should be held accountable (the coaches) if a player is affecting the team negatively.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How can a spokesman for social justice be a cancer?

Sep 28, 2020, 2:56 PM

/s

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 28, 2020, 2:59 PM

Thnx... gotta take some bold moves to get better. Look at Miami after last year, they look like they turned the corner on the field. The sideline antics are still humorous to watch... gotta walk the walk if your going to play that game. I like our business approach better, save it for the locker room.

Sep 28, 2020, 3:08 PM

FSU's in a tough spot. It's a totally normal reaction to want to "clean house" and start from scratch. Unfortunately, most fans/administrators in 2020 aren't willing to wait the 3-5 years a total rebuild takes to complete.

On the other hand, malcontents and players with attitudes are cancerous and prevent any meaningful improvement.

Here's hoping they've hit bottom (after UNC game of course) and start to get back to where they belong in college football.

Funny. A FSU friend of mine just told me the same thing ten

Sep 28, 2020, 3:13 PM

minutes ago.

Great post!***

Sep 28, 2020, 3:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My 30,000 - foot view of the FSU program is analogous to

Sep 28, 2020, 3:56 PM

Texas: I don't think people knew, or wanted to acknowledge, systemic and deep the issues got in the program at the end of the Fisher (and Mack Brown) eras.

FSU fans want a quick fix, are not used to any kind of "rebuilding" and I think that's why they were quick to run off Taggart (see Charlie Strong at Texas).

Despite the proud history of that program, no one is going to come in and fix it overnight. Norvell or whomever is going to need at least 4 years to get it pointed in the right direction.

The problem is, there aren't a lot of programs that will give a guy 4 years of stagnation, and FSU certainly isn't one of them.

Totally agree with you that they need to pick the best QB, not the oldest or most experienced, and ride him good, bad, and ugly. Norvell needs to have a sit down with the old regime guys and say "Hey, if you don't like what I'm doing, I get it, I didn't recruit you, nothing personal. You can opt out, transfer, we can say publicly whatever you want to save face" and clean the slate with his guys. That's the only way to make this work.

It doesn't matter how much talent is on the roster if they're all pulling in separate directions. A "less talented" team with a united front will play better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know, you're going to get some young QB killed

Sep 28, 2020, 5:06 PM

playing behind an O Line like that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 28, 2020, 6:32 PM

sounds about right - got a few Notes fans around work

they might need some therapy

not happy

null

Sep 28, 2020, 8:14 PM

Ace is right. Also, just because you are a voice on social media does not mean you are not a cancer on the team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic