»
Topic: I suppose our program should be like Sakerlina
Replies: 18   Last Post: Apr 16, 2014, 11:21 AM by: SClanding
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 18  

I suppose our program should be like Sakerlina


Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 7:57 AM
 

Devoid of any personal responsibility, atheist, and selfishly motivated.

Old spursack teaches hard life lessons by kicking kids off their scholarship, promoting a "win by any means" mentality and turning a blind eye to legal and moral depravity.

Swinney teaches life lessons by promoting personal accountability, supporting kids hard work and effort with a commitment to their scholarship, and showing the kids how he has had success in his life through a connection with a higher power.

And Clemson gets a reprimand?

I suppose teaching thuggish lunacy is more valuable in our society than showing true leadership with a core of faith.

SMH.

Bring it on, atheists. I welcome the opportunity to destroy your argument.


not one part of your post indicated any

[2]
Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 8:03 AM
 

Sort of an argument. Looked to be mostly name calling and renting.

No one should be forced to participate in religious activitIes or punished for their religiOus beliefs, including atheists. You can not argue that.

2020 white level member

No one is forcing anything.***

[1]
Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 8:25 AM
 



2020 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.


Who has been forced Gville?

[1]
Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 8:35 AM
 

Provide an argument, I will gladly destroy it.

Is it the old philisophical "Why would god give us free will?" Or the "If God is all loving, why does he allow suffering?"

And WHERE is the proof that anyone is being "forced" to believe anything?

If I stand on a foundation of salt, and you hate salt, do you hate me too?

Enjoy your banal nothingness.


He is mostly right


Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 9:13 AM
 

you post didn't show an argument, but I don't believe Dabo has ever reprimanded or been discriminant against a player for his beliefs.


Re: I suppose our program should be like Sakerlina

[4]
Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 8:10 AM
 

> Devoid of any personal responsibility, atheist, and
> selfishly motivated.
>
> Old spursack teaches hard life lessons by kicking
> kids off their scholarship, promoting a "win by any
> means" mentality and turning a blind eye to legal and
> moral depravity.
>
> Swinney teaches life lessons by promoting personal
> accountability, supporting kids hard work and effort
> with a commitment to their scholarship, and showing
> the kids how he has had success in his life through a
> connection with a higher power.
>
> And Clemson gets a reprimand?
>
> I suppose teaching thuggish lunacy is more valuable
> in our society than showing true leadership with a
> core of faith.
>
> SMH.
>
> Bring it on, atheists. I welcome the opportunity to
> destroy your argument.

Never mind the religious issue. Please show me one factual example of Steve Spurrier "teaching thuggish lunacy." This site is becoming full of delusional cry babies who can't accept that the coots have fielded a better team the last several years. And save your "classy" crap too. Clemson recruits come from the same pool as every other team in the country. This elitist we are holier than you mentality around hear is going beyond stupid. Flame away. Hits from a keyboard don't hurt at all, but get your thrills anyway.


the proof is in the puddin. .

[3]
Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 8:16 AM
 

No school is going to officially promote thuggery. However, judging by criminal reports, some schools seem to be more tolerable than others. This also seems to include acceptance standards.

2020 white level member

^^^Coot


Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 8:37 AM
 

imposter.

Did you read the latest crime blotter involving Sakerlina.

It's a standard, not an exception.

Thuggish Lunacy.


First of all, Clemson hasn't been "reprimanded"


Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 8:10 AM
 

An atheist group has a problem with us. Period.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

..:: ru4god2 ::..


It's a smear campaign


Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 8:40 AM
 

in the public forum.

An accusation is almost as good as guilt in the public forum.

Maybe "reprimand" wasn't the best word.

How about spurious allegations?


There are plenty of other programs

[1]
Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 8:41 AM
 

That don't baptize players at practice and still run a good, clean, winning program.

South Carolina's problems are bigger than a lack of Sunday School.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I do loathe SCar, but they do pray as a team and have a team


Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 8:52 AM
 

chaplain that seems to care about the kids. That's the only good I see from that program.


They should have an article written about


Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 8:54 AM
 

their church-state conflict of interest.

How dare they pray and believe in something other than biology?


I find it remarkably hypocritical....

[1]
Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 8:52 AM
 

that this Freedom From Religion group objects to Dabo openly and publicly sharing his beliefs but have no problem sharing their own principals. Who now seems to be dictating how others should live their lives?




2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.


Re: I find it remarkably hypocritical....


Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 9:00 AM
 

Political correctness has become synonymous with intolerance. Gone are the days of "live and let live" and "sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me." Respect and income no longer have to be earned either. It's in every facet of life, including football.


It reminds me of the Dems and the Obama administration....


Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 9:06 AM
 

if you criticize Obama and his administration, you are an intolerant racist but it's perfectly acceptable if they criticize and blame literally everything on the previous administration.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.


Crickets... Must not be a lot of atheists on this board.


Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 8:56 AM
 

Good.


Re: I suppose our program should be like Sakerlina

[1]
Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 11:02 AM
 

Please explain the "win by any means" mentality and the "teaching thuggish lunacy" accusations. While you're at it, please give some examples of the "atheist, devoid of any personal responsibility, selfishly motivated" part, too. I'm not sure what you meant by the "turning a blind eye to legal and moral depravity", but I am sure of one thing. You, like a lot of Tiger fans, are seething with frustration over Dabo's inability to beat Spurrier on the field in recent years, so you project every sort of evil that comes into your mind on old Steve, when the object of your frustration is really Dabo and his very well paid staff. However, since you're so "all in" with Dabo, he needs to be above all criticism and reproach, so he can remain the ideal coach in your mind.


Re: Geez....I think someone needs to spend a little more....

[1]
Posted: Apr 16, 2014, 11:21 AM
 

time studying the Bible.

You seem to be letting your dislike of an athletic program cloud the message you should be receiving on Sundays.

Clemson University is NOT the tabernacle of the Southeast USA where believers go to ascend to heaven. It is a college campus with a football program.

And here is a huge apparently unwelcomed reality for you...there are going to be Gamecocks in Heaven too though somehow you apparently have added an 11th Commandment that you must be a Clemson fan to gain entry.

Geez.


Additional note...Steve Spurrier has been Christian for quite a while.


Replies: 18  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: SEASON TICKETS FOR 2021 Lower Deck Section T, row 18, seats 5 & 7, plus a parking pass. $1900

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1209 people have read this post