Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gameday said the amount of loan would be 4 game suspension
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,551

Gameday said the amount of loan would be 4 game suspension

Nov 9, 2019, 9:18 AM

Does anyone know how much that amounts to?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gameday said the amount of loan would be 4 game suspension

Nov 9, 2019, 9:40 AM

Yea,4 games.

Nov 9, 2019, 9:46 AM

I should have probably said that they said that was the base penalty. They did say that considering his history that it would likely be reduced on appeal, but it should give an idea of the money involved if there are guidelines based on the amount.

Nov 9, 2019, 9:55 AM

We had two players lose an entire year of eligibility for accidentally taking PEDs. They were both good kids, no off the field issues. Chase Young accepted money, knowingly, from an agent. He is also, apparently a good kid. Yet he may only get a two game suspension. Anything about that seem unbalanced to you?

Nov 9, 2019, 10:01 AM

Wasn’t an agent according to almost everyone. They say there was a somewhat formal agreement for repayment that was satisfied as well. I agree that it’s all very suspicious but we don’t have any facts yet.

Our orange tinted glasses tend to cloud our judgment.

We’ll see I guess.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:04 AM

Another suspicious loan. I surmise Ukraine is involved.

OSU had already settled this with the NCAA

Nov 9, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Gameday said the amount of loan would be 4 game suspension ]

Chose the bye week,UMD and Rutgers games and filed an appeal,to get it reduced to 2 games.. During that process, the Agent story broke. Looks like ,if true or not, it could mess up their plans for an easy 2 week suspension.

Re: OSU had already settled this with the NCAA

Nov 9, 2019, 10:20 AM

I hope that if they have known about this and tried to manipulate which games were miss, that they hold them to the guidelines of 4 games. I had wondered what made things come up now. Next question, if they did this then why would that not be knowingly playing an ineligible player which would mean vacating wins?

Nov 9, 2019, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Gameday said the amount of loan would be 4 game suspension ]

sbeaird said:

We had two players lose an entire year of eligibility for accidentally taking PEDs. They were both good kids, no off the field issues. Chase Young accepted money, knowingly, from an agent. He is also, apparently a good kid. Yet he may only get a two game suspension. Anything about that seem unbalanced to you?

Unbalanced and unfair.

Nov 9, 2019, 10:03 AM

According to the NCAA Division I Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement’s Guidelines, suggested punishments for extra benefits violations that occurred between April 14, 2017 and June 11, 2019 are as follows:

Value between $200 to $400 = withheld from competition for 10 percent of season and repayment
Value between $400 to $700 = withheld from competition for 20 percent of season and repayment
Value greater than $700 = withheld from competition for 30 percent of season and repayment

More here:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2019/11/108618/what-we-know-about-chase-youngs-suspension-and-potential-timetable-for-return-to-ohio-state

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,551
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic