Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gameday is at UCF this weekend, really?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Gameday is at UCF this weekend, really?

Nov 13, 2018, 4:19 PM

UCF verses Cincy? Yawn. Plus they have the 8 pm ABC time slot.

Might be the least watched Gameday since they went to the Div II school.

I would have gone with ND verses SU. But that's just me. I like making money.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gameday is at UCF this weekend, really?

Nov 13, 2018, 4:24 PM

ESPN thowin' them a bone , since never getting into CFBP.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Yeah, I get it but no one cares outside of UCF and Cincy.

Nov 13, 2018, 4:27 PM

Am I right?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, I get it but no one cares outside of UCF and Cincy.

Nov 13, 2018, 5:16 PM

Ratings will tell that story

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 13, 2018, 4:24 PM

They like making money too...which is why they are featuring a game on their network (ABC) instead of a competing network (NBC).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's right ND is still in bed with NBC

Nov 13, 2018, 4:26 PM

and I hate ND too.

Just wanted to see them get beat by a "subpar" SU team according to SECfans on youtube. Yeah, they suck.

Re: Gameday is at UCF this weekend, really?a

Nov 13, 2018, 4:42 PM

They are the mythical reigning 2017 co-champions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Warm weather site

Nov 13, 2018, 6:39 PM

Outdoor show. Talent and crew gets tired of the cold weather.

Re: Warm weather site

Nov 13, 2018, 7:17 PM

Ever seen the talent walking around UCF?
I would go there every week !!
Truly mind-boggling to see what amazing natural beauty resides in Central Florida.

Re: Warm weather site

Nov 14, 2018, 6:28 AM

Reign it in their brother-man .... this is a family site ;)

DB23

Nov 13, 2018, 7:37 PM

For the people who watch Gameday, does it really matter which teams are featured if it doesn’t involve your favorite team? The shows are pretty much the same regardless with the only real difference being what color shirts the people in the background are wearing. I could be wrong, but I can’t imagine the ratings for Gameday vary all that much from week to week.

I hope they bring participation trophies

Nov 13, 2018, 7:40 PM

For this UCF snowflakes. How many stupid ucf number 1 signs or we want bama signs will you see?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope they bring participation trophies

Nov 14, 2018, 6:33 AM

One sign has to be ( Top Border ) 2017 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY
(bottom border ) Central Florida

And in the middle , white cardboard .

Love their spunkiness and that they beat an SEC team in the Peach Fil A bowl , but they have to drop that whole charade. Either participant in the championship game last season would have beaten them by 3 tds .

DB23

Its a one loss vs an undefeated

Nov 13, 2018, 7:43 PM

when the rest of the nation is playing cream puffs to get ready for the rivalry week.

In a crappy conference, so what?

Nov 14, 2018, 4:54 AM

Notre Dame verses SU is a waayyyyy better game and will be to watch.

Re: In a crappy conference, so what?

Nov 14, 2018, 6:42 AM

Most will watch the ND game but ESPN is trying to spread the love. They are not making a statement but just trying show the country teams other than the main ones they show each week. It gets boring to do Gameday the at the same teams every year.
We have already been one Gameday twice. And during the playoffs we may get it even more.

Nov 13, 2018, 11:05 PM

It’s in Cincinnati not Orlando

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Nov 13, 2018, 11:33 PM

Maybe we should wait until AFTER we play Pitt to see if we can beat Pitt in the ACCCG worse than UCF beat them (45-14). UCF took them behind the woodshed, and Pitt is the favorite to win the Coastal in our conference. Plus UCF has the LONGEST win streak (including Bama and CLEMSON) in the nation, which has to be worth something.

For me - I think UCF is not getting any respect for their accomplishments. Miss St is #16 with FOUR freaking losses, and LSU is #7 with 2 losses, and UCF is #11 with no losses in about 20+ games. I will watch UCF because from what I have seen, they are pretty darn good, and could easily win the Coastal if in the ACC and meet CLEMSON in the ACCCG. I think we would rather play Pitt. :)

Nov 14, 2018, 12:38 AM

I think they are getting too much respect. Hell, the Coots would go 10-2 with their schedule. If they want to play with the big boys then they need to schedule some legitimate top 10 teams for their non conference games. They would get exposure to say a loss to Michigan or Notre Dame than they would get credit for beating Cinci or Temple.

I did watch parts of them playing Auburn last year and I have to agree Auburn was playing for nothing after expecting to be in the playoffs and then having UGA pound them in a rematch they won earlier.

I also liked it when Boise State beat Oklahoma in a big bowl game but I also know Oklahoma was not overly excited to play Boise State and certainly didn't bring their A game.

Dean

Nov 14, 2018, 5:21 AM

They need to be apart of the ACC expansion, UCF and Notre Dame would be solid adds, WV and Texas to round it out

Nov 13, 2018, 11:58 PM

I am pretty sure UCD has the largest enrollment of any school in the country..
Really could be a team on the rise.. They need to move to a power 5 conference

I'm sure they would love to, but it takes 2 to tango!!

Nov 14, 2018, 4:27 AM

And it isn't easy for a team like UCF to schedule games with power 5 teams. No one wants to play them!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one wants to play them? Good grief is that you walt?***

Nov 14, 2018, 6:17 AM

Re: No one wants to play them? Good grief is that you walt?***

Nov 14, 2018, 6:46 AM

He’s right. You gain nothing by beating them and lose everything if you lose. You want to schedule an easy win. Or a tough game against a Power 5 team that gives you credibility. You don’t want a tough game (and possible loss) against a team that doesn’t help you in the polls.
UCF may have better luck scheduling after this run but they have been trying to schedule big schools for years, especially in the state of Florida.

Re: No one wants to play them? Good grief is that you walt?***

Nov 14, 2018, 8:43 AM [ in reply to No one wants to play them? Good grief is that you walt?*** ]

Yeah, the schedule that they have been playing the past few years was made when no one in a Power 5 was worried about playing them, that mattered.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 6:09 AM

Are ND and Cuse playing on a college campus? Cuz that’s kind of what Gameday likes to showcase for the most part, not Yankee Stadium contorted into a temporary football field.

Because outside of ND-Cuse this is by far the best game of the weekend

Nov 14, 2018, 6:46 AM

And it’s on their network so it makes it a pretty easy call. Cincy should’ve been ranked weeks ago and if you’ve been paying attention to football outside of Clemson at all you’d know Cincy is a strong AAC this year and I think they’ve got a good shot at ending this stupid streak and shutting the UCF people up.

I think Gameday might know that as well and they are setting up these idiots for failure.

But what other game would you think they’d realistically go to instead of this one?

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic