Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecock fans held my wife's phone for ransom
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,184

Gamecock fans held my wife's phone for ransom

Dec 2, 2012, 10:38 AM

Last night my wife lost her iphone and tried to track it until it was suspiciously shut off. A few hours later I got a call from someone who had picked up the phone and they gave me their location so I could pick it up.
Everything seemed cool, and being grateful I sent the guy a text offering some sort of compensation for his deed.
Me: We will try to come by and pick up the phone in an hour. Can I bring you beer or something?
Dude w/ phone: Miller
Me: Lite or High Life?
Dude: High Life
He also requested "salted peanuts" so we picked up the beer and peanuts and then headed out to one of the worst neighborhoods in North Charleston. My wife pleaded for me to wait until the morning but I had a pretty good buzz and I was feeling adventurous.
We got to the address and there were three pit bulls in the front yard enclosed by a chain-linked fence. A lady came out and told me the guy with the phone did not live there but she would call him and he would bring it to me. Not sketchy at all.
A few minutes later three guys met me outside the house. Two of them were wearing Gamecock hoodies. I gave them the beer and peanuts, thanked them and they told me they needed money. I hesitated for a minute, gave them $10, and told them they needed to buy some new shirts. Apparently that wasn't enough because they told me they needed more money to get back to Columbia. I lied and told them I didn't have any more money and I got the phone back.
Moral of the story: some people can't do a good deed without trying to milk it for money. At least I got the phone back and at least I didn't get hurt after being somewhere I shouldn't have been.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A large part of the population...SUX!

Dec 2, 2012, 10:41 AM

Glad you got your phone back without incident. I hope those three thugs get a lump of coal for Christmas and a kick in the ####.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this for real?....lol***

Dec 2, 2012, 10:44 AM

Re: Is this for real?....lol***

Dec 2, 2012, 10:49 AM

Yes. I also made some type of smart a$$ remark to them about Columbia. Yes- I'm also an idiot.

Re: Is this for real?....lol***

Dec 2, 2012, 4:24 PM

I don't think I would have told everyone that I had a buzz. You must have had a good on to meet someone at night in N. Charleston though. You were lucky that you didn't get hurt.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hilarious***

Dec 2, 2012, 10:50 AM

Why didn't you just threaten to call the police

Dec 2, 2012, 10:56 AM

and report them for stealing? Can't remember the amount that is considered fellony theft though.....if it was an expensive iPhone you might have been able to scare them.

Re: Why didn't you just threaten to call the police

Dec 2, 2012, 10:59 AM

I guess giving up ten bucks was easier and safer than threatening them with a call to the police.

A must-read. My favorite part:

Dec 2, 2012, 11:14 AM

Me: We will try to come by and pick up the phone in an hour. Can I bring you beer or something?
Dude w/ phone: Miller
Me: Lite or High Life?
Dude: High Life

He also requested "salted peanuts"

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do 2 wrongs make a right?

Dec 2, 2012, 11:16 AM

You stated in your post that you was buzzed? Was you the one driving ? If so buzz driving is drunk driving. I'd rather someone still my phone rather than so done kill me as a drunk driver,

Re: Do 2 wrongs make a right?

Dec 2, 2012, 11:18 AM

that was simply painful to read.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2012, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Do 2 wrongs make a right? ]

My wife drove. I do feel buzzed again after trying to read your post.

Dec 2, 2012, 4:33 PM

> My wife drove. I do feel buzzed again after trying to
> read your post.

If you went by yourself to a 'bad' neighborhood in North Charleston, SC, unaccompanied by several regiments of U.S. Marines, then having a 'buzz' was the least of your problems. You must be seriously mentally ill and should proceed immediatley to a mental health facility.

Dec 2, 2012, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Do 2 wrongs make a right? ]

"still my phone" English major at S Carolina?

hey cockamole, did you know that even without a coot tnet

Dec 2, 2012, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Do 2 wrongs make a right? ]

handle, and a coot avi, I still would have known you are a coot? Do you have any idea how I would have known that? I bet you have no clue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Dec 2, 2012, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Do 2 wrongs make a right? ]

I feel like this has to be a fake post.

^^^^^ one of the 2 hoody wearing, game chickens.***

Dec 2, 2012, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Do 2 wrongs make a right? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

How were the salted peanuts?***

Dec 2, 2012, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Do 2 wrongs make a right? ]

It was Clowney, Swearinger, and some other thug.***

Dec 2, 2012, 1:44 PM

moral of the story call the cops to go pick up phone..

Dec 2, 2012, 4:15 PM

you shouldnt have to give money,beer,and peanuts to get back your property that belongs to you

Re: Gamecock fans held my wife's phone for ransom

Dec 2, 2012, 10:51 PM

I lost a good friend back in the 80's in Charleston. He was walking with his girlfriend at night after having dinner (not sure what part of the town) and they got mugged. He was shot & killed and she was beaten pretty badly. I'm glad nothing bad happened to you.

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,184
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic