Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecock coworker mad at me about calls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Gamecock coworker mad at me about calls

Jan 1, 2020, 11:35 AM

Wondering if anyone else has this happen to them. Having a pleasant conversation with a coworker and suddenly remembers the OSU game. It’s like a switch flips. He gets mad at me about the officiating (and the announcers being in love with Clemson). I tried to explain the rules and why the calls went as they did. He just got madder. We have a good working relationship and I don’t want to mess that up. I finally had to tell him that I wasn’t going to argue. I just sat there not saying anything else while he ranted. He eventually calmed down and admitted maybe his view was skewed because he was a gamecock fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gamecock coworker mad at me about calls

Jan 1, 2020, 11:39 AM

SEC refs all love Clemson! That's why we got the 2 calls in our favor in the UofSC game!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell him...

Jan 1, 2020, 11:42 AM

you will have this discussion when and if uof6c EVER has an actual dog in the fight.

Until then, shut-up, keep living vicariously through Clemson's opponents, and enjoy being home for the holidays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:44 AM

Why defend the calls? Enjoy them being pi$$ed. We won.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 11:46 AM

This! Rub it in.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Gamecock coworker mad at me about calls ]

That's right. Just laugh at him.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:45 AM

I might understand this if it was his team that he thought got robbed, but this is just Clemson hate. (unless he bet on the game)

Jan 1, 2020, 11:52 AM

"Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering." - Master Yoda

Jan 1, 2020, 11:52 AM

It is what it is. To argue over past happenings is rather foolish. The game is over with. The Tigers beat the buckeyes fair and square. Move on! Same with the upcoming faux tigers. Let the guys on the field decide who is best. One missed call likely will not determine who is best.

BOTH teams had the chance to win the Fiesta Bowl in The last minutes. The best team won. Go TigersSupport Clemson. Join iptay

Jan 1, 2020, 11:53 AM

What a loser.

Sounds like he has problems. Rub it in and laugh at him. ??

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mess with his head by agreeing with him.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:54 AM

Tell him "It's pretty obvious that SEC officials love the ACC."

Then LYAO at the dumbfounded expression on his face.

Jan 1, 2020, 12:16 PM

I just hope all this referee love for Clemson carries over to basketball.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 12:23 PM

I have a coworker that keeps saying Clemson cheated. If you want to complain about calls fine. But what the he!! Is this cheating business. I finally just told him he was making himself look foolish.

Jan 1, 2020, 12:31 PM

You should be mad at him for his team bringing our strength of schedule down. Loser

Jan 1, 2020, 12:29 PM

In the words of Anton Chigur, ask him "What business is that of yours, friendo?" Let the poultry get to the playoffs in a hundred years and then maybe worry about the calls if they want. There is no scenario in which they would say the calls were fair or the result was correct if Clemson nevertheless won. The reason is they have nothing going except their spite at Clemson's success and their yearning for anything that derails us. I never noticed them expressing outrage at the bogus PI calls by their plant at the Pittsburgh game three years ago or at the phantom PI calls the SEC refs called against Clemson in 2012. Instead the laughed gleefully at the Pittsburgh result, not knowing we would win the title nevertheless. And for the 2012 game, they made posters of Jungle Boi taunting Ellington after a hit. There is one at the Grouchos on Lake Murray Blvd in case you want to see it and decide whether they need your business. As Mark Twain said, if you take out the lies he shrinks to the size of a hat, and if you take out the malice, he disappears altogether.

I don't work at a fast food franchise, so no.***

Jan 1, 2020, 12:38 PM

Re: I don't work at a fast food franchise, so no.***

Jan 1, 2020, 1:26 PM

Me neither

Oh, well when you said "co-worker" I just assumed...

Jan 1, 2020, 2:30 PM

Sorry.

I know what my office coot is going to say before he says it

Jan 1, 2020, 12:42 PM

They are so freaking predictable

“ Clemson cheated “
“Refs paid off”
“Osterine pumping through their veins”

Don’t waste your time trying to reason with them

Jan 1, 2020, 1:40 PM

I guess I just don’t understand the personal animosity. I don’t ever talk trash or taunt. (Except for a UGA fan who can only be described as toxic.) I’m not messing up a good working relationship or especially a friendship over a football game.

Jan 1, 2020, 2:27 PM

The targeting and pass interference were clear, even if the replay booth had to point out the targeting to the on-field officials. The fumble rule where it's better to have an incomplete pass than a complete pass is bizarre, but it is the rule. Not really much to discuss.

You could tell your coworker you're sorry you missed seeing his bowl game but you hope they had good officiating. That should cheer him right up.

coots seem to always be mad 24 hours a day except during bass fishing season.***

Jan 1, 2020, 2:30 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 2:31 PM

Time to set him up to get fired before he goes all postal worker on you. Just tell the boss he’s not cleaning the bathroom and dumping the trash to company standards. He’ll find another janitors job in no time.

Jan 1, 2020, 2:34 PM

punch him in the face
Tell him to never talk again or you will put him back on the fryer

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic