Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GameDay in NYC = Failure
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

GameDay in NYC = Failure

Sep 23, 2017, 9:50 AM

I was ambivalent about the decision to have GameDay in NYC.

But it obviously is way too generic and they are trying SO hard to push NY tie-in stories over and over.
OK Gameday, I get it..there are bars in NYC affiliated with college teams. That justified the choice.
OK Gameday, I get it..picking games is like picking stocks and Wall Street has a stock exchange..justified!!
OK Gameday...a couple Syracuse cheerleaders made it down to blend in with your generic cheer squad...so justified!!

It just doesn't work..AT ALL.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: GameDay in NYC = Failure

Sep 23, 2017, 9:51 AM

I disagree and the crowd there seems to disagree as well. This is the best gameday of the season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2017, 9:53 AM

I like it. Its different/new.

It's generic and forced. That is different.

Sep 23, 2017, 9:56 AM

Maybe they are doing something great now but I would not know, as I stopped watching 20 minutes ago.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

Re: It's generic and forced. That is different.

Sep 23, 2017, 10:01 AM

Maybe you should watch the show and wait until the end before coming to the conclusion that it doesn't work "AT ALL". Just because they aren't sitting in a parking lot in front of Ohio Stadium doesn't mean that it's generic. They have actually mention schools that never get mentioned. It's great having fans of all different schools instead of one group and everyone there seems to love it.

Sep 23, 2017, 10:02 AM

and by everyone you mean you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2017, 10:09 AM

No, I do not mean me as I am not there. The crowd looks to be really into, more so than last week at Louisville.

Sep 23, 2017, 10:20 AM

Yeah that was weak for a big game there. OH St was too. I think it has run its course at some campuses. Maybe they need some new places to visit school wise

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2017, 10:25 AM

I love that a bunch of schools are represented and that they aren't spending 1/3 of the show focusing on one match up. It's definitely unique for them, and if they ever come back I'm going. It's definitely played out on some campuses

You are from Jersey, so of course you are hoping it is great

Sep 23, 2017, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: It's generic and forced. That is different. ]

but it isn't/wasn't.

Sep 23, 2017, 10:14 AM [ in reply to It's generic and forced. That is different. ]

What is being forced? I think it's great and if you stopped watching how would you know

Pretty sure this isn’t the first time

Sep 23, 2017, 9:53 AM

I sort of remember them visiting the Clemson bar last year. I thought that was cool to see representation in NYC

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, I haven't watched enough to know, but did you see all

Sep 23, 2017, 10:03 AM

the Clemson fans gathered in that Manhattan bar to watch the Louisville game last week. They showed them on the broadcast and I thought that was pretty cool.

So maybe just stop watching?***

Sep 23, 2017, 10:10 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong + some tiger netters....Failure

Sep 23, 2017, 10:11 AM

Unique....different....more fans than Suckeyes gameday

Whatever...the GD Show Crowd in Louieville was rather sparse

Sep 23, 2017, 10:37 AM

and i was a part of that problem in that i decided to sleep-in late at hotel so to hit Louieville Slugger Store nearby & buy 2 large Orange bats with custom messages to my Son & I.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It definitely sounds more like you decided to

Sep 23, 2017, 10:41 AM

Dislike it several days ago

No. As a mater of fact I was leaning more to the opposite.

Sep 23, 2017, 11:25 AM

Thinking that they need to try some different venues. I was excited this a.m. to see what kind of production would take place. And then it felt like an infomercial and I realized how disapointed I was.

Disney looking for some Wall Street infusion (Dollar$).....***

Sep 23, 2017, 10:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've actually watched more of it in the last hour and think

Sep 23, 2017, 11:24 AM

it is a pretty cool show. It was a nice idea to do this.

Sep 23, 2017, 11:27 AM

one of the best places to go watch college football saturday. Cant wait to do it again.

looser

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2017, 11:35 AM

It's cooler than I thought it would be but every other morning show is already filmed in time square so it doesn't seem original

it does prove that Clemson SC can draw a bigger crowd

Sep 23, 2017, 11:45 AM

than one of the largest cities in the entire world.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dig it.***

Sep 23, 2017, 11:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep just like adding BC. Yankees don't give a ####.***

Sep 23, 2017, 11:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yep just like adding BC. Yankees don't give a ####.***

Sep 23, 2017, 11:54 AM

they are more into pro football int he NE. Maybe g to a Eagles or Patriots game and tell me these people do not care.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, but this isn't pro football.***

Sep 23, 2017, 1:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like it***

Sep 23, 2017, 11:51 AM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic