Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Game stats between Saturday and the ACC Championshp Game eerily similar
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Sep 5, 2010, 2:25 AM

The Clemson defense vowed over the summer that things had gotten better since last season's end of season slide, but some numbers from Saturday's game looked familiar. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not tackling well...

Sep 5, 2010, 5:34 AM

This is the same song I have seen year in and year out. What's the deal?! We certainly have the big arms to tackle, why can't we just wrap those arms around someone??
On another note, the offense looked good, the play calling not the best, and what is up with Tajh Boyd? He was horrible. Hopefully just nervous jitters...

Wow. Steele sounds like Bowden by pointing out.......

Sep 5, 2010, 7:52 AM

someone else's failure (Ole Miss) to make us look better. I for one am tired of that way of thinking and just want us to be responsible for our own faults, fix them, and start living up to what "we can be". Steele has alot to proove IMO as he really hasn't stopped a good rushing team yet. If LB is the issue, FIX IT ALREADY.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not the only Bowden like thing.

Sep 5, 2010, 10:10 AM

Constantly blaming poor tackling is a problem too. Throwing our players under the bus for his inability to prepare our defense. We have better athletes than NT. The fact is they weren't in position to make the plays Steele said they weren't making. That's his fault and he needs to say so.... I'm growing tired of Kevin Steele.

Re: Wow. Steele sounds like Bowden by pointing out.......

Sep 5, 2010, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Wow. Steele sounds like Bowden by pointing out....... ]

hope he doesn't keep sounding like Bowden or we will have another coach we are paying off

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He ought to be able to get 2 of our would be LBs

Sep 5, 2010, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Wow. Steele sounds like Bowden by pointing out....... ]

healed and able to play I guess.

Ifin we don't get things "fixed" toute suite

Sep 5, 2010, 7:59 AM

that Auburn QB is going to eat our lunch

Re: Ifin we don't get things "fixed" toute suite

Sep 5, 2010, 8:21 AM

I wouldn't be worried about Auburn just yet. We better learn how to tackle and play our assignments or PC is going to be long day. I truely hope we kept it "simple" on both sides of the ball as to not give anything away for later in the season, but I could care less if we show something now as long as we are winning and looking like a team that can compete for a conference title.

Re: Ifin we don't get things "fixed" toute suite

Sep 5, 2010, 8:27 AM

What Steele fails to point out when alluding to the Miss. gamed is Jax State is very very well coached...their coaching staffs on both sides of the ball are excellent..the jury is still out with me on our offense but out defensive staff sounds pretty bad...I serously doubt that if Steele would have had theirs, and N Texas had ours, the difference would have been 25 points, it would have been maybe 60 or so...that is the difference...he needs to quit trying to convince people how tough he is and get more into preparing the team...I am afraid that the fall practice is wasted for the second year in a row

So sick of hearing how great their play calling was,

Sep 5, 2010, 8:54 AM

how many of their guys could play anywhere in the country, etc.

IT'S NORTH FRIGGIN' TEXAS!!!!!!!!

The D was flat and uninspired. The middle of the field was wide open all day, as it has been for the last 2 seasons. I'm not a gloom and doomer, and I'm no where near ready to deviate even slightly from my pre-yesterday optimism, but geez, I wish somebody, ANYBODY affiliated with the team would just come out and say what we all know is true:

"We sucked today. Period. We're going to spend 2 weeks getting better."

Call a spade a spade. Then fix things.

Re: Game stats between Saturday and the ACC Championshp Game eerily similar

Sep 5, 2010, 11:20 AM

HOW UNFAIR OF N TEXAS THE NOT RUN THE SAME PLAY TWICE! If they are going to be like that, we should not invite them to play us again. Steele makes some of the dumbest comments I have ever heard from a football coach. The D has got to improve or it's going to be a long year.

proof that you can make stats say anything you want to

Sep 5, 2010, 11:47 AM

when you score on 2 plays and then again on just a few plays and then AGAIN on just a few plays... you tend to not have the ball long. And by rule when you don't have the ball long the other team DOES. And when said team DOES have the ball long it wears down your defense especially if they have a very good running back.

So yes you can make stats say what you want. I know one that's NOT the same.... the score.

If D played better, the O's TOP (& score) would have upped

Sep 5, 2010, 1:37 PM

One can argue that the time of possession difference was so great because Clemson's offense scored so quickly. But that doesn't explain UNT beating Clemson in yardage. If Clemson's defense had gotten more stops, quicker, then Clemson's offense would have had a greater time of possession and might have scored more points.

Unless UNT is a LOT better than we expected (which may well be the case), then Clemson turned in a pretty disappointing performance.

Thank goodness for tune-up cupcakes. There is still time to fix things before Auburn and ACC play.

Re: If D played better, the O's TOP (& score) would have upped

Sep 15, 2022, 9:11 AM

I could be wrong but I'd like to see how many yards they earned as the game progressed (ie as the defense began to be out there more and more)

I just can't believe people are worrying about a game we won 35-10 and had many high spots in without showing too much. The coots had to use some trick plays vs SMU.

B minus?

Sep 5, 2010, 11:55 AM

How can anyone say the Defense earned a B minus? By definition a B minus is "slightly above average". Anyone wanna try and claim that circus we saw yesterday was "above average"?

Quit making excuses and do what needs to be done to fix the defense! Coaches; you have had all season to teach these guys that the guy with the little brown thing needs to be put on the ground.

Was UNT better than expected or CU worse? I hope the former

Sep 5, 2010, 1:27 PM

There is some truth the idea that we had a much lower time of possession because we scored quickly. On the other hand, if the defense had gotten more three-and-outs, our offense would have had the ball longer and scored more points.

Clemson's defense just didn't do a very good job of stopping the run... Just like the end of last season. If UNT can run all over Clemon's defense like that, what are GT, SCar, et al going to do to Clemson? I hope Steele and the team can get it fixed. I'm still hopeful, but that was definitely a reality check.

Re: Game stats between Saturday and the ACC Championshp Game eerily similar

Sep 5, 2010, 1:56 PM

First of all I too was a bit disapointed in our team .
But I do not see how anyone can say that Steele was conpairing our game to Old Miss,Beside that they were expected to win, but did not. The same could have happen to us,He has not put anyone under the bus ,No zip? I ask my wife the same question,WHy did the defense seems so slow? No zip.A lot of work to do but it can be fixed.
It's better to see the things that to needs to be work on now then in three weeks with Auburn..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We agree the D has work to do, but on another note........

Sep 5, 2010, 2:14 PM

anyone notice the sports media slobbering over Jimbo Fischer getting his 1st win? You would think FSU beat Texas Thursday night. It was Samford for gosh sakes! It's not like he hasn't been the OC for the past couple of years. Anyway, just an observation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking the same thing about the media-Jimbo lovefest***

Sep 6, 2010, 1:29 AM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic