Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gallman on that last drive
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Gallman on that last drive

Jan 10, 2017, 10:15 PM

We are really going to miss this guy. Not only was his blocking tremendous he is tough as nails. He turned a 3 yard loss into a 6 yard gain during our championship drive. Feaster has some big shoes to fill.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gallman on that last drive

Jan 10, 2017, 10:47 PM

I agree. He should get much more credit. Filling his shoes is a bit of a concern for me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

I'm actually hopeful about Fuller

Jan 10, 2017, 10:51 PM

and excited about Feaster. But Wayne was a complete back, doubtful one person does all he did.

Spring will be interesting as RB will be one of several open competitions with Choice and Dye having an opportunity to emerge as well

Jan 10, 2017, 10:52 PM

Anyone seen C J Fuller run? I think Fuller is pretty darn awesome myself. He tends to make good decisions as to where to run, and moves the pile pretty darn well too. I think Feaster is going to have to work hard to play before Fuller plays. We will be fine.

Jan 10, 2017, 11:54 PM

Came pretty close to breaking lose on that kickoff return as well. Gonna be a battle in the fall between all four guys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice problem to have.***

Jan 11, 2017, 12:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in the first quarter

Jan 11, 2017, 2:28 AM

when we went for the 1st down on 4th down he was hit 4 yards behind the line to gain and very nearly backed his way over the line. Was a great effort

All year long Gallman has come up with huge blocks

Jan 11, 2017, 4:38 AM

Especially in pass protection. Look at the TD to Leggett to beat FSU. Gallman comes up huge at the last moment to pick up the blitzing safety, pushing him away from DW4 and allowing him to make the throw.

Personally, I think Gallman likes blowing people up and it's just not the same when you have to protect the rock, so he just does it while blocking too.

Jan 11, 2017, 8:13 AM

Some of the blocks Gallman made were incredible. Everyone talks about the block our back made to protect Tajh when he completed the 4th pass against LSU, but go back and watch the tape, Gallman made 10-15 of those Monday night. Going to be hard to replace that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember his spin move at Louisville last yr

Jan 11, 2017, 8:28 AM

sure am gonna miss him

He always gets more yards than he should.

Jan 11, 2017, 8:30 AM

He's the toughest runner I've ever seen at Clemson.

I think he's also the most underappreciated back we've ever had. Tough playing in the shadow of DW4.

Re: He always gets more yards than he should.

Jan 11, 2017, 11:51 AM

WG was a PHENOMENAL outside linebacker in high school. Some schools were recruiting him as such. Probably he's so tough and loves to light people up

Jan 11, 2017, 8:40 AM

It is just hard to great fast running back to block well. Size needed which cuts down on speed. I think the tight ends will be used more to block. Leggett was a more of a receiver. I believe we will see more blocking from the hback/te this year. Bryant maybe used as the big rb this a tight end blocking.

goal line/short yardage will be qb plus bryant plus two tight ends or DL/CW.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just watch some of his blocks on that last drive...fearless***

Jan 11, 2017, 11:30 AM

He threw a great block on our 1st TD. Took the brunt of it

Jan 11, 2017, 11:42 AM

too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Jan 11, 2017, 11:48 AM

Wayne Train one of my 3 favorite tiger Rbs (Preister, CJ). Agreed, he'll be sorely missed

Jan 11, 2017, 11:50 AM

I love how you and some others on here automatically assume feaster is our starter. Any running back on our depth chart could be the starter next fall. Thats the great thing about Clemson is you can predict who our starters are gonna be because WE TOO DEEP!!!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic