Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recently came across a re-run of "the hit"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Recently came across a re-run of "the hit"

Aug 8, 2018, 8:58 PM

As the coots call it... What I think is quite funny about it is that however many seasons later the coots still use "the hit" as their go to highlight BUT Tre Lamar did the identical thing in destroying Blackman (FSU QB) and recovering his own forced fumble. I think it speaks volumes as to the separation of success between the two programs that Clowney's hit is still praised by their fans years later and Tre Lamar's hit is expected by ours due to the intensity our defense brings as well as talent we put on the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recently came across a re-run of "the hit"

Aug 8, 2018, 9:09 PM

Reminds me of the “Mount Rushmore of Clucker football players,” they have been discussing on message boards and it came up on a radio station in Charleston today. Talk about setting yourself up for ridicule!

Clowney, Chicken George, Sharpe...who else? Crickets...***

Aug 9, 2018, 11:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rule #1. When you've only got one card

Aug 8, 2018, 9:12 PM

play it.

^^^playing with a full deck of cards***

Aug 8, 2018, 9:42 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rule #1. When you've only got one card

Aug 9, 2018, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Rule #1. When you've only got one card ]

I feel like that’s the crap card at the very front of the deck that gets thrown away.

Aug 9, 2018, 4:46 AM

Let's see...a guy, unblocked, hits another guy that's a foot shorter and a hundred pounds lighter. Knocks off the helmet and recovers a fumble. Isn't that what he is supposed to do? Silly coots grasping for anything. Explains their miserable existence right there.

Aug 9, 2018, 7:03 AM

Never in sports has a player gotten more mileage out of one play. Offensive lineman misses a block and Clowney blows up a guy he outweighs by a 80 pounds.

Aug 9, 2018, 9:06 AM

Seems to me y'all are just butt hurt because no one outside of Clemson knows who Tre Lamar is or what play you're talking about. ESPN STILL uses the Clowney hit for highlight reels. Sorry, but why do y all care? Y'all have so much more to talk about

Making fun of your pathetic program is always a fun topic***

Aug 9, 2018, 9:10 AM

Aug 9, 2018, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Recently came across a re-run of "the hit" ]

James Blackman knows who Tre Lamar is, also no it was on twitter for a USCjr fb account posting it for the 80th time because they had run out of material most likely, not ESPN. ??

Aug 9, 2018, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Recently came across a re-run of "the hit" ]

I highly doubt they use that much, considering it'd now be considered targeting and would have had him ejected, plus a 15 yard penalty:
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2013/clowney-hit-targeting-rule/

Aug 9, 2018, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Recently came across a re-run of "the hit" ]

That's the ONLY highlight they could find from Clucker U.

November can't come fast enough...

Aug 9, 2018, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Recently came across a re-run of "the hit" ]

#Fearthefist

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2018, 9:15 AM

Look, I'm as big a Clemson homer as they get - but that hit was 1,000x more meaningful than the Tre Lamar hit. It won the bowl game for them in crunch time, and cemented Clowney as one of the best DEs to ever play CFB.

Sour grapes...

You must not understand much about football then.***

Aug 9, 2018, 9:24 AM

Great argument***

Aug 9, 2018, 11:23 AM

Yep***

Aug 9, 2018, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Recently came across a re-run of "the hit" ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the most naturally talented de’s to play

Aug 9, 2018, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Recently came across a re-run of "the hit" ]

Cfb, sure. He had freak skills. One of the best ? Not a chance. His stats were only slightly above average (and no, Clowney was not the only person to ever be double or triple teamed as people like to say when bolstering their nonsense arguments about his lack of stats) and he impacted the game about as much as every other good DE out there. This “best to ever play” argument just isn’t supportable

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2018, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Recently came across a re-run of "the hit" ]

Tre Lamar's hit allowed us to beat our division rival which clenched our 3rd straight ACC championship appearance which that win sent us to the playoffs for a 3rd straight.. Clowney's hit won them an Outback Bowl to end a mediocre season. Also Clowney's CFB stats aren't very impressive, Ferrell has as many tackles in 2 years as Clowney had in 3 nearly and comparing their best seasons each Ferrell had 12 more tackles last year than Clowney's best season.

Aug 9, 2018, 2:10 PM

Exactly . People act like he had a million sacks or like he would’ve had a million if he hadn’t been 11-teamed every down. The facts just don’t back up how wonderful chickens think he was compared to other good de’s. Again, freakish skills that are seldom seen but no extraordinary production to back up the skills. He was a good DE with uniquely great skills, and that’s all that’s supportable by facts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a great hit. They should enjoy watching it. I watch

Aug 9, 2018, 9:28 AM

MW carrying the coot into the endzone and our sacks on Bentley over and over.

I think you're overthinking this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my favorite hit ever was david dunham's layout of matty ice

Aug 9, 2018, 11:57 AM

my hat will always be off to matt ryan for taking that brutal at clemson hit, then returning to lead bc down the field and win at clemson on a late td..not sure i could ever stand up straight again after that hit.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Gaines Adams didn't need to hit anyone...

Aug 9, 2018, 12:04 PM

They just got scared and threw the ball to him

And he actually scored (unlike Clowney)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpiBMk-qVq8

Re: Gaines Adams didn't need to hit anyone...

Aug 9, 2018, 1:34 PM

That play CHANGED everything in that game

one of the best EVER

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2018, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Gaines Adams didn't need to hit anyone... ]

RIP Gaines u will always be remembered

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2018, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Gaines Adams didn't need to hit anyone... ]

Vic Beasley just took the ball from the NC State QB's hand and ran it to the endzone, he didn't even need him to throw it to him or hit him.

Aug 9, 2018, 12:06 PM

A new banner to go along side the '69 ACC Championship joke. It just means more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic