Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
HISTORY LESSONS?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

HISTORY LESSONS?

Jan 4, 2014, 11:09 PM

Coots cry and whine about us Clemson fans giving them "history lessons" but all they can come up with is their past few years of success? Is that history or past?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good rule in life: Never try to reason with inbred swine...

Jan 4, 2014, 11:15 PM

and seriously a lot of coots look like a cross between a pig and a human.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good rule in life: Never try to reason with inbred swine...

Jan 5, 2014, 1:02 AM

I for one am happy to talk about the history, or lack thereof, of SC football.

It is pathetic. SC was easily one of the worst programs in College football before lets say 2006. I have read the "this is SC football" article and it was right on the money at the time it was written. SC wasn't even .500 overall in 100 years of existence.

So now, where does us put us currently? Well the way I see it is that SC's coach (Spurrier) was able to take a PATHETIC program with no history and somehow improve it past a Clemson program that does have history and tradition. Dabo took a program that already had a ton of history (National Championships, etc) and somehow found a way to let a program with absolutely zero history pass them by.

To me, that is an indictment on the Clemson coaching staff that they let a program that was as bad as South Carolinas (literally one of the worst programs in the country at that time) catch them.

With all of the great history Clemson has in its favor, why is it that Clemson wasn't able to maintain that advantage over South Carolina?

At least your approach is reasonable, I'm not above saying

Jan 5, 2014, 1:45 AM

yall have had a great team and great coach these past few years...any less and I'd be selling my own Tigers short.

My beef is with the arrogance of this fanbase. You guys have got the right to talk, but sheesh...the vast majority of your fanbase would climb on the backs of every school in the nation and declare yourself the greatest football program to have ever existed. Most of yalls fans do not know how to win...your fanbase talks a lot of trash to other schools too and yet to really have anything to show for it. All I see is where you have finished in your conference, how many top 25 teams you've beaten, how many times you beaten your rival...but guess what, that doesn't fill up a trophy case.

Re: At least your approach is reasonable, I'm not above saying

Jan 5, 2014, 2:05 AM

Well, I will not be saying all of that stuff. If Auburn wins the NC, that has nothing to do with SC. Same goes in reverse for Clemson, if FSU wins.

And you are right, SC certainly doesn't have much in the trophy case. So you can't brag about trophies you don't have. So I agree with you there too.

So here are the only things I can "brag" about right now as a SC fan.

1. SC has the longest home winning streak in the nation. Is it a championship? Nope. Not even close. But as someone who goes to all of the home games, it has been pretty cool to go to game for the past 18 games and not come out with a loss. So maybe not something to brag about, but it has been cool.

2. South Carolina is currently better than Clemson as proven on the field in head to head games. Again, not a championship, but it is something to be happy with considering Clemson is right in the middle of one of its best stretches in their program.

Will SC ever win the SEC? Who knows. I am sure Clemson fans say they will not. I get that. But they have gone 11-2 for three straight seasons. If they keep winning 11 games a year, eventually it will go there way one season. It is kind of like Pro golfers say, the object is to get yourself to the back nine with a chance to win. If you do that enough times, then eventually you will win. It hasn't gone SC's way yet and it may never. But if they keep winning a lot of games, it may at some point. But it may not and I realize that completely.

So until then, I will just have to be happy with South Carolina currently being better than Clemson.

Gaemcock9 ask yourself this: SC has *every* advantage......

Jan 5, 2014, 2:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Good rule in life: Never try to reason with inbred swine... ]

..over Clemson, since the school was founded. How in the world did Clemson get the upper hand to begin with??????

Re: Gaemcock9 ask yourself this: SC has *every* advantage......

Jan 5, 2014, 2:18 AM

Have no idea, Clemson must have been doing something right and South Carolina must have been doing something very wrong. Clemson was obviously hiring better coaches back then - Danny Ford.

Which I guess makes the change in the last ten years even more remarkable.

Sc will never win an SEC title, ever: Sc is simply the.....

Jan 5, 2014, 2:22 AM [ in reply to Gaemcock9 ask yourself this: SC has *every* advantage...... ]

..newest water carrier for Bama, LSU, Auburn and all the rest. If you want a good idea about when USC might win an SEC title, check out the SEC titles that Miss State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Kentucky and Vanderbilt have won; that's the group that USC will be a permanent member of. But, look at the bright side, as Tommy Suggs said, "..we (SC) are an SEC program...". That's the best you will ever get....

I see this argument often

Jan 5, 2014, 1:08 AM

but a current winning streak is you know current, therefore the present.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Yep, just like CURRENTLY, the record stands at 65-42

Jan 5, 2014, 1:38 AM

What makes that obsolete again?

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic