Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Future QB's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Future QB's

Jan 17, 2017, 8:30 AM

Looking ahead to 2017, 2018, and so on; it looks like we are going to be stuck with a QB situation similar to that of Ohio States 2 years ago. What some view as a good problem to have, has me a little worried. With the wealth of unbelievable Quarterbacks we have going forward, who will replace Deshaun Watson?

For 2017 it will be a battle between Kelly Bryant, Zerrick Cooper, Hunter Johnson, Chase Brice, & Tucker Israel. I cannot see Chase Brice or Israel winning that spring ball battle so you're left with Bryant, Cooper, and Johnson.

Kelly Bryant is going to be a Junior, he knows the playbook in and out, and is an unbelievable athlete. He has plenty of in game experience. BUT, he doesn't have the arm.

Zerrick Cooper will be redshirt freshman (Correct me if i'm wrong). He will have more knowledge of the playbook than Johnson, but not the in game experience Bryant has; HOWEVER, he posseses a skill set much more similar to Deshaun Watson than his counterparts, and would provide a more seamless transition into 2017 offensively than the other 2 in my opinion.

Hunter Johnson is rated the #1 QB in the country and was just the MVP of the Army All - American game. He is one hell of a player and would start at any school in the country. The problem is he is a Pro Style Quarterback, he would have to adjust to Clemson's spread offense.

The biggest monkey wrench in this whole situation is that in 2018, the best player in the country is coming to Clemson. Trevor Lawrence. Regardless of who starts at QB in 2017, I believe Lawrence will be the face of Clemson from the moment he steps on campus and our 2017 Starting QB will go out the window. Lawrence is the real deal, he's a guy thats going to start for 3 years then go to the pros. Am I looking way too far ahead? Yes, but I did the same thing when Deshaun Committed and this situation is inevitable. I can't imagine that when Lawrence comes to Clemson that the other guys will stay and ride the bench.

What do you think the future holds for Clemson Quarterbacks?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Ohio State was in that situation all they did was

Jan 17, 2017, 8:39 AM

win the National Championship, then come within one game of making it back to the playoffs, a game in which the coaching staff seemingly forgot Zeke Elliott was on their team. This is a great problem for us to have.

No clue who will start the next 3-4 years, but I can't wait to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Future QB's

Jan 17, 2017, 8:42 AM

I have a feeling that ZC will start in '17 and '18 then in '19 it will be a battle between Johnson, Chase, and Lawrence. With Lawrence ultimately winning. We aren't going to waste his talent for more than 1 year. Expect 1-2 transfers between Bryant, Israel, Brice, and Johnson)

Jan 17, 2017, 8:45 AM

Stuck... ?

Situation... ?

I bet you look a gift horse in the mouth. What a great situation to have.

Be thrilled and enjoy the ride....

Don't worry, be happy!

Jan 17, 2017, 8:59 AM

I hope Israel moves position and stays a Tiger. Cooper will be the man for at least 2.....maybe 3 years. Johnson & Brice will Tx.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jan 17, 2017, 9:15 AM

Don't sleep on Johnsons speed. I think I read somewhere that he may be faster than Watson. Don't remember where but I know he ran track that either won state or came in second. So that should work out in our favor.

Jan 17, 2017, 9:20 AM

Competition, injuries, and coaches will decide.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2017, 9:17 AM

At this point I think all should be considered. I have seen many high profile QBs not live up to the hype. It should be a fun ride for years to come.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic