Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Future QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Future QB

Jun 30, 2018, 6:05 AM

Before anyone annoints TL the starting QB this season maybe you should consider his play in the Army All-American Bowl. 2 interceptions and 2 fumbles in the first quarter against high school players. It take time to develop talent. TL is one of the most talented QBs to ever play at Clemson. But he still is a freshman learning the college game and it would be unfair to him to just throw him in the fire on opening day of football season. Let him ease his way on the field by starting as the back-up and see if he can earn the starting position over KB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Future QB

Jun 30, 2018, 6:23 AM

You're talking about a game where he had a week to prepare with guys he had never played with before. That game should not be a gauge. Fast forward to the spring game where he had several weeks to prepare, and he looked pretty good. Give him a few more months to acclimate, then comes the fall where he gets back out there with all the weapons at his disposal, including another 5-star receiver in Justyn Ross. Fall practice will be interesting to say the least. I'm more curious how Dixon and Galloway will prepare and play, as well as Goodrich, McMicheal, Henry, Carman and Kendrick. So much young talent to blend in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's had more time to prepare than DW4 did

Jun 30, 2018, 7:04 AM

DW4 missed spring practice with a broken collarbone and still could have started game 1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And won it...***

Jun 30, 2018, 8:42 AM

And won it...***

Jun 30, 2018, 8:44 AM [ in reply to He's had more time to prepare than DW4 did ]

Jun 30, 2018, 7:50 AM

Please don’t ever compare someone’s performance in an all star game to how they may perform in a real game. Lawrence threw for almost 14000 yds, 161 tds and 21 picks in 4 years of high school where most of the time he only played half the game. Broke all DW4 stats in Georgia

Put that in your pipe and smoke it

Guru LBB thinks:

Jun 30, 2018, 8:56 AM

KellyB to start and then Katie bar the door after that..probably same thing DaBO & QB coach are thinking too!

Saying, Let’s pipe down & let things happen naturally.. as it did for Bama 2nd half of Natty game..

but even for them & smart Coach Saban it’s back to square one this Fall.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2018, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Future QB ]

You have to look at the All-Star game, its part of his body of work and throwing 2 interception and having 2 fumbles shows the uncomfortable place you put him in by starting the first game. What i am saying is don't push him so hard at the start of the season. Let KB start, bring TL in when the game is in hand for at least the first 2 games then start handing over the reigns to him gradually so he is not overwhelmed. Seen many QB's confidence lost by pushing into a situation before they are ready for it.

If he's ready - He's ready!

Jun 30, 2018, 10:25 AM

If he's not - He's not!

After three straight trips to the playoffs - our coaches have my trust.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 30, 2018, 11:34 AM

He also settled in and nearly won the game with two awesome drives, the final one ending on a trick play call that would’ve been a TD catch for him from DK.

Any way, I’ve forgotten already how well KB played in the Army or UA game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

lets give the op a break. He just doesn’t do sports well.***

Jun 30, 2018, 12:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2018, 9:03 PM

TL will break all of DW4 records before he is done at Clemson..........and that includes several championships..........mark it down.........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 30, 2018, 11:40 PM

Lawrence , like Watson before him is the kind of QB that switches into another level of play when the game is for real . Go watch this kids HS film … and there is a lot of it . He simply becomes a different animal on gameday … and it is every single time .
He is phenomenal , and I wholeheartedly expect to win another national championship while he is behind center at Clemson .
When it comes his time he will shine . No Worries .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic