»
Topic: I think we only see the Big XII as our savior from the
Replies: 6   Last Post: May 26, 2012 11:27 PM by: gamecockgator
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

I think we only see the Big XII as our savior from the

[1]
Posted: May 26, 2012 9:23 PM

ACC because it is a "realistic" option, as compared to the SEC. For most expansion-minded Clemson faithful, the SEC would be the first choice. However, the SEC has stated that they do not want us and only want to expand their footprint.

Do you think that a combination of fan determination/support to join the SEC and another couple solid years in the ACC would get the SEC's attention?

I want out of the ACC, as most Clemson fans do, plain and simple, but I think the SEC would be most fans' first choice before the Big XII. Just a thought. Flame away.

Sadly, I agree.***

Posted: May 26, 2012 9:34 PM

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: I think we only see the Big XII as our savior from the

Posted: May 26, 2012 9:40 PM

At one time we may have been able to join the SEC. We let that opportunity slip past. No need to cry over spilled milk. Just hope that in the future, we are not talking about another missed opportunity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif

To many SEC schools wil want to block us. USuC and UF for

Posted: May 26, 2012 9:43 PM

sure have already made a pact to keep FSU and Clemson out.

Re: I think we only see the Big XII as our savior from the

Posted: May 26, 2012 9:48 PM

You're right, the SEC would be a much better match for us but we can't bring much to the table for the SEC. The SEC already penetrates our TV market so no new money there. With dollars seemingly the big driver now in college football, I think we will be ignored by the SEC. The Big 12minus2 conference makes no sense logistically and most networks aren't going to pay for half empty stadiums.

Funny, living in AL, AL and AU fans favor CU over others.

[1]
Posted: May 26, 2012 11:05 PM

They understand that CU best fit the SEC culture over others.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Funny, living in AL, AL and AU fans favor CU over others.

Posted: May 26, 2012 11:27 PM

Culture sure.

Alabama & UT won't vote for FSU or Clemson though.

Why? Auburn wants to be in the East and Missouri makes sense being in the West.

Auburn, Missouri, USC, UF, UGA, Texas AM, & two of the remaining 8.... then UT/Bama game is no more. Would Vandy vote to screw over UT? Would Arkansas/LSU like to have Missouri over Auburn? Mississippi school don't have much love for Auburn or Alabama.

All of those above schools would vote to make that switch in a heart beat, but deals were made to bring in Missouri.

AL & UT will not vote for anyone unless they are sure that game is protected.

That is why it isn't just 3/4 and everything is good to go. Everyone needs to be on board to make everything work, so USC/UF not being on board is enough. UGA and Kentucky would just be extra weight.

I don't think USC/UF would ever be on board with it, so it will never happen. I don't think money and ESPN could get it done. USC/UF will fight it and UT/Bama will fear the realignment of divisions. So it really takes all 10 of the rest to basically say to #### with those four, and Slive likes for everyone to be in a good working agreement with everyone else.

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Wake Forest
FOR SALE: 2 seats with parking. $140

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
846 people have read this post