Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Frustration
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,554

Frustration

Feb 15, 2018, 7:46 AM

I like most other in the Tiger faithful am truly frustrated by the loss last night. However
I am sick and tired of the "experts" analyzing the game, blaming Brownell for everything
and revealing strategies that would have won the game. The vast majority of these experts have
never coached basketball and most have never played competitive basketball. Get off the back
of our coaches and support the program. We have a right to question certain aspects of the game,
but to offer wholesale analysis as to how we could have won is utterly ridiculous.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Frustration

Feb 15, 2018, 8:07 AM

Zero coaching experience here but I think it was pretty obvious early in the 2nd half that our offensive strategy against their press D and half court trap game wasn't working and I saw nothing the rest of the game including OT that indicated we tried to do something different. You exploit the double team trap game by spreading the court and passing the ball. We did half of that (spread the court) but didn't seem to have any plays drawn up to move people and get open passing lanes. Looked like we were running the old Dean Smith "4 Corners" strategy except we wouldn't/couldn't pass the ball and continually turned the it over. So frustrating to watch. They took away our 3 point game and we never consistently pushed the ball inside. Somehow still had a chance to tie the game late and couldn't hit the clutch free throw.The 'Noles seemingly laid the blue print for beating us and I just hope we can learn from this tough loss and avoid a similar let down in the next couple weeks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers Beat Duke!***

Feb 15, 2018, 9:07 AM

Re: Frustration

Feb 15, 2018, 9:23 AM

The frustration that I've had all season is watching how Brad Brownell stands at the line yelling at the team for the whole game. It makes me wonder if he even attends their practices. By this point in the season, they should know what to do and not have to be told where to move on the court.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,554
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic