Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Watson handles mother's illness with maturity and poise
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Watson handles mother's illness with maturity and poise

May 12, 2013, 11:25 PM

Watson handles mother's illness with maturity and poise

Clemson quarterback commitment Deshaun Watson found out last year that his mother had cancer. He told TigerNet late last week that everything he does now, he does with her in mind. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Watson handles mother's illness with maturity and poise

May 13, 2013, 9:00 AM

In the Game of Life.. you want this young man on your team. What a testimonial to the types of young athletes that our coaches go after and inspire to play for Clemson. In the end, I hope he remains a Clemson Tiger, but regardless, he stands as the type of person, we all would proud to associate with.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2013, 5:47 PM

With all I've read he's a great kid. The kind of kid you welcome to your family. I give prayers for Mom and prayers for a cure in my lifetime. There is nobody on this board that hasn’t been touched by cancer in some way. I turned 50, had my usual checkup, had the colonoscopy, and was diagnosed with cancer in December of 2011. I had 9" of my colon removed on December 15, and came home from hospital one week before Christmas. I had to wait until after Christmas to find out if it had spread to other parts of my body. Thank God that the news was good. I would encourage all that have reached the age of 50, and haven’t had this test done, to do so soon. It could save your life. Didn’t mean to turn this into a commercial, but it is important to me to spread the word on early detection. My doctor told me that it saved my life, and it could save yours.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2013, 9:52 AM

Love these life stories about our recruits and their families. Family support is a big part of Clemson success.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get well soon mama watson!

May 13, 2013, 1:13 PM

We're not perfect with cancer yet but we're pretty good at treating it. I'm sure she'll be ok.

Sounds like he really has his priorities in order and a

May 13, 2013, 5:45 PM

strong mom and son, but the apple doesn't fall far. I have been impressed with how he has handled himself with recruiting so far. This just adds to that opinion.

Re: Sounds like he really has his priorities in order and a

May 13, 2013, 7:03 PM

I dearly hope he does come to Clemson. Whatever, I hope the prayers of the entire Clemson family are with him and his mother. He seems to be a class act, especally, in the midst of this type of adversity, God bless.

May 13, 2013, 11:14 PM

Prayers go out to his Mother and to his whole family, May God bless you all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a GREAT Mom!

May 14, 2013, 7:33 AM

GREAT job, Mom on raising a quality young man, despite your own tough challenges! Your love, strength and dedication to press through are a testament to the power of God and having faith in Him. And your perseverance has been/is a powerful life-changing witness to your children, as well. May God continue to bless and keep you, DeShaun, your other children and all your extended family, neighbors, friends and the Gainesville community. And a BIG Tiger welcome to all of you to the Clemson family! God bless!

^^Your first TU^^***

May 14, 2013, 3:15 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic