Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: TigerNet Talk: The Games I Hate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: TigerNet Talk: The Games I Hate

Oct 4, 2012, 10:24 AM

TigerNet Talk: The Games I Hate

I was raised on Clemson football, my family members have been attending Clemson for over 100 years. As much as I love each weekend in Death Valley it's games like this that I hate. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: TigerNet Talk: The Games I Hate

Oct 4, 2012, 10:31 AM

I disagree in one way. If we were as much better in these situations as we think we wouldn't blow those type games. If you play hard and get upset it is one thing. When you make mistakes and turnovers and dont execute so you play down to a lesser opponent you aren't as much better as you think. Not just Clemson but generiacally

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree... This game sets up nicely for us...

Oct 4, 2012, 10:48 AM

I hated last weekend. Coming off a tough loss and having to go up North to play a team that seems to have our number at home even though they can't match us in terms of talent. I'm excited about Saturday because the Tigers proved two things to me up in Boston:

1) They're a resilient bunch.
2) They can, in fact, stop the run.

I also love that it's a 3.30 kick so the crowd will be energized. All we need to do is come to play, and I think we will.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disagree... This game sets up nicely for us...

Oct 4, 2012, 10:56 AM

Defense stopped the run against one of the worst rushing teams in the NCAA. I believe the defense has continued to improved but still looking for more consistency. If they hold Ga Tech to less than 250 yards rushing, I think we win this game.

Oct 4, 2012, 9:55 AM

I don't think we "pull a Clemson"; I hate that saying as much as anyone. There were a lot of reasons why we lost to the crumble bees last year. But the main reason IMO is that #23 wasn't in the backfield. I feel like we will strike fast and as long as we don't have turnovers or win the turnover margin, we put this game away pretty early. I think "pulling a Clemson" should not be a factor this season or any other from now on.

I'd like to agree here w/ Dabo that each week we play a

Oct 4, 2012, 10:56 AM

nameless and faceless opponent. I'd like to think we bring our A game (the rest of the year) and no matter how well GT (or others) rallies around their losses, we stick it to them. We're just better than they are. Our offense is better than there's and so is our defense. I think we win by 14-17 points.

Oct 4, 2012, 11:07 AM

I can't help but agree with a lot of what you say. We are DEFINITELY going to get GT's best shot. With that, Clemson is 100% not overlooking them. If the other team was not named GT, and coming off a loss to MTS, we might would be.

The fact is, we haven't had a named opponent in Death Valley in a very long time. Crowd will be energized and the players will be pumped.

In short, think about it like our game at FSU. They got everything we had, but in the end, they were just too much for us, unfortunately. Tough to win in a place like Clemson or Tallahassee with a terrible defense. GT finds this out Saturday.

Clemson 48, Bees 31

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic