Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: The college football landscape has changed. Will Clemson change with it?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: The college football landscape has changed. Will Clemson change with it?

May 20, 2012, 12:42 PM

The college football landscape has changed. Will Clemson change with it?

Friday's announcement of a bowl agreement between the SEC and the Big 12 dramatically altered the landscape of college football, leaving the Atlantic Coast Conference on the outside looking in. What will Clemson do? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have gone from, there is no way Clemson will leave ACC...

May 20, 2012, 12:52 PM

to, how do we get out and where do we go, in just two short weeks. I'd say it's pretty much a big deal now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:No we haven't***

May 20, 2012, 1:29 PM

You still driving that Edsel?***

May 20, 2012, 6:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think so....I would think this has been discussed

May 20, 2012, 1:48 PM [ in reply to We have gone from, there is no way Clemson will leave ACC... ]

for a very long time before the past two weeks...you can't land a home in a new conference without a lot of planning, in depth research, and discussion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would think this has been discussed.....

May 20, 2012, 2:09 PM

I believe you are correct. Much discussion required. And perhaps a committee to discuss it and make recommendations to the university admin and BOT.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/genrel/012812aab.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think so....I would think this has been discussed

May 20, 2012, 3:20 PM [ in reply to I don't think so....I would think this has been discussed ]

You're a 100% right. What In the H&ll do folks think that Clemson has had a committee working on just this for months. The only thing this thread does,is to add some more BS drama to give folks something else to B S about. Nothing more, nothing less. Some schools maybe left out, but I would bet it won't be Clemson. Clemson is a 100% FootBall. And these moves are about FB. Now go and get your self all worked up and worried about NOTHING as far as Clemson is concerned. This thread is just, simply put, more of the BS....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I said "I,' I was referring to Tnetters.

May 20, 2012, 6:50 PM [ in reply to I don't think so....I would think this has been discussed ]

How about not being so sensitive? You've never seen me write anything negative about Clemson, a sitting coach or a player active or not.

LOL @ the Big XII coveting Louisville more than Clemson***

May 20, 2012, 12:55 PM

Hey, everybody want a couple of conference creampuffs.***

May 20, 2012, 12:59 PM

we are SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED***

May 20, 2012, 1:08 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

What sources are saying FSU and Louisville?

May 20, 2012, 1:20 PM

Everything being posted through the only sources I've seen (those out of Baylor, Texas, and WV) have indicated its FSU/Clemson and possibly more on top of that.

I think FSU will have a lot of input on who joins with them

May 20, 2012, 1:44 PM

I imagine they want a geographically friendly "east division" and hopefully Clemson will be the team that goes on the dance with them

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

It been reported Notre Dame prefers "East Coast"

May 20, 2012, 2:36 PM

Most of the alumni and heavy contributors live on the East Coast, NOT in the Indiana area. That is why the ACC is a very likely Conference to pick up ND. But then again, Big 10 makes more sense, but then again, SEC makes more sense to jump too if your Clemson if you were going to jump... I think if college football keeps this up it is headed for the toilet.

Message was edited by: hooters®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It been reported Notre Dame prefers "East Coast"

May 20, 2012, 11:02 PM

ND played at UNC and WFU the past couple of years. There was a reason for that. ND hates, hates, HATES the Big10. ND alumni would never accept Baylor, TCU or West Virginia as conference mates. ACC or stay indy, that's pretty much their choice to make. If FSU bolts, that probably helps the ACC make a play for ND, IMHO.

THE SKY IS FALLING!

May 20, 2012, 2:56 PM

I am not buying into anything that says teams like Clemson, Miami, FSU, Vtech, GTech,ND, etc will get left out in the cold.
And not buying into the football only type of conference. Basketball is not as lucrative for the schools, but it is very lucrative for folks like ESPN, CBS, etc.

I know this "super-conference" thing looks like something to come, but I am not sold it is the PAC 10, BIG 10, BIG 12 and SEC. To fully encompass football, basketball, and including other sports, it can't be these four conferences, and then everybody else in lower tier conferences.

That does not mean I think the ACC is the right place to be either. Or the Big East, or any other conference. This may simply signal the end of conferences as we have grown up with them. Southwest Conf. says hi.

Wasn't it just a YEAR ago that the Big 12 was losing major teams?? Heck, they only have 10 teams now! SOOO, a sinking ship has now become the life boat? WOW! And I still do not buy that as a legitimate option when TEXAS is running the entire conference.

It is my belief that whatever happens this summer, or fall, will eventually fall apart. A long term solution will not come together that quickly. A money grab never works out in the end. Speculative bubbles will burst, and then something sustainable should follow.

Re: THE SKY IS FALLING!

May 20, 2012, 3:51 PM

Nice to hear the voice of reason for a change. When I heard the announcement of the SEC and Big 12 putting a bowl game in place the announcer said that the two teams would play each other if they were not in line to play for the National Championship. That lead me to believe that the final solution of the 4 team playoff system had not been made. The way they made it sound was that they wanted their conferences to have a guarantee like the PAC 10 and Big 10. The Rose Bowl has always done that and they just wanted to create a game that would be equally as interesting and give their kids something to look forward to. I didn't get the idea that any decision had been made as to how the playoff system would work. We need to be careful and not make a knee jerk reaction like South Carolina did when they left the ACC. If you remember this situation the reason that they left changed a couple of years after they pulled out of the conference. They were stuck as an independent for years before being asked to join the SEC.

Re: THE SKY IS FALLING!

May 20, 2012, 10:11 PM

When I heard the announcement, my first thought was how is that not the Cotton Bowl? Then when I heard they had no location, no sponsorship, no network, it became clear this is all smoke and this game will never happen. It's an old political trick to drop some bs story on Friday afternoon so all the talking heads spend all weekend yapping about it before anybody with half a brain has a chance to respond to it. What's going on is the BCS conferences are fighting it out about how the 4 team playoff gets picked. SEC & B12 obviously want the four top ranked teams in, ACC, Big East non-AQ schools want the four top conference champs. I don't know how B10 & PAC12 stand, but I guess B10 could go either way. Look at Wisconsin last year, they'd be out if the SEC had their way. B12 & SEC are just trying to get into peoples heads, and it looks like it worked.

Head/ Sand***

May 21, 2012, 1:21 AM [ in reply to THE SKY IS FALLING! ]

Re: Head/ Sand***

May 22, 2012, 4:02 PM

Obsessed loser.

null

Funny, Way Off Take On Realignment!

May 20, 2012, 3:44 PM

People just can't believe how quiet this has all been kept. If their usual "sources" are not talking then there must not be anything to it right? WRONG!!! Clemson is on the move, and we are bringing FSU along. Not the other way around.

What inner circle? Inner circle of what exactly?

May 20, 2012, 5:52 PM

& what's so special about the Pac 12 exactly, other than they have the half Rose Bowl (a very boring bowl game usually) and a hype crazy west coast press with teams that rarely deliver...

Re: What inner circle? Inner circle of what exactly?

May 20, 2012, 8:22 PM

But it is a FB conference, and that is where we need to be to move forward....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC has 10 national championships in football***

May 20, 2012, 8:55 PM [ in reply to What inner circle? Inner circle of what exactly? ]

Re: Front Page Story: The college football landscape has changed. Will Clemson change with it?

May 20, 2012, 6:45 PM

The Big 12 doesn't have a TV market in South Carolina either, why would Boston College or Louisville be more attractive when you consider their much smaller fan bases?

The TV Market population is irrelevant if no one watches the games, and I'm sure NBC and the Big 12 aren't dumb enough to ignore that.

Re: Interview with TDP???

May 20, 2012, 9:26 PM

That ought to be informative. NOT!!!

Re: Interview with TDP???***

May 20, 2012, 9:46 PM

I'm have the sexy time with my MIL.***

May 20, 2012, 9:56 PM

Re: Front Page Story: The college football landscape has changed. Will Clemson change with it?

May 20, 2012, 9:41 PM

Does anyone believe the ACC could be a football conference?
FSU, Miami, VTech, Gtech.

North Carolina has had some good teams in the past. Even Syracuse and Pitt have been good at times in their past. Same with Maryland.

If all of those schools were good, the ACC could rival most any conference.

May 20, 2012, 10:29 PM

We beat NCSU & USC last year and we have a real shot at the Nat. Championship game, even with 1 loss. And that's in an awful year for the ACC. That situation won't improve in the B12.

May 21, 2012, 7:16 AM

Which is my point.

If FSU beats OK, and does not have some injuries - even losing to Clemson - and they too would have a shot. VTech was not far away from having a shot.

And like you said, all this in a down year in the ACC.

There are Vetos on VT & NCSU

May 20, 2012, 10:26 PM

The Common Wealth on VT & UNC on NCSU.

We will see!!!

Re: There are Vetos on VT & NCSU

May 20, 2012, 10:28 PM

I dont understand.. What does this mean?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2012, 10:32 PM

UNC holds the keys to NCSU, and since VT joined the ACC the Common Wealth of Virgina's Government has bound UVA & VT to remain in the same conference.

May 20, 2012, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: There are Vetos on VT & NCSU ]

VT had an open invite to the SEC, turned it down for the ACC and UVA. No way they jump to the B12 or SEC now. NCSU sees SEC as a step down, most of NC couldn't name 5 schools in the SEC. They're all about hoops, and unless UNC starts a Tar Heel Network, no way NCSU leaves. I know somebody will start in with MONEY!!!! MONEY!!!! MONEY!!!!, but nobody outside of FSU cares that much about money. They mostly want stability and a good cultural fit for their schools. B12 has none of that. Texas and Oklahoma are ready to bolt as soon as they can. Other than FSU, nobody has even made a peep about leaving the ACC. FSU is just looking for a bailout.

May 20, 2012, 11:04 PM

Look at the bright side. If you're the 5th best conference like Hood said, maybe everyone can get some rings with Swoffie's face engraved in it.

May 21, 2012, 12:29 AM

Too soon bro.

Do you really want to talk about 5th place rings?***

May 21, 2012, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: The college football landscape has changed. Will Clemson change with it? ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2012, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: The college football landscape has changed. Will Clemson change with it? ]

What would you know about champinship rings?

Sorry my tiger brethern didn't get that

May 22, 2012, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: The college football landscape has changed. Will Clemson change with it? ]

LOL!

You're the first "coot" I've seen on this board with a good sense of humor.

Clemson will never leave the acc. Our decision makers have

May 21, 2012, 9:48 AM

proven this fact over and over. Why is unclear because the fans and players continue to suffer. The decision makers must be in it for their personal gain or else we would have exited long ago or stood our ground against a host of injustices. No conspiracy theory just a true conspiracy.

May 22, 2012, 11:11 AM

Thats why there needs to be an 8 team playoff with 5 supper confrences.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic