Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney trades jabs with Spurrier
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Swinney trades jabs with Spurrier

Oct 10, 2012, 7:42 PM

Swinney trades jabs with Spurrier

What better way to spice up an off week than a little back-and-forth between coaches. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Call me a pumper...

Oct 10, 2012, 7:47 PM

...but I love this man.

"Our guys have never been to USC. California is a long way from here."

Oct 10, 2012, 8:36 PM

Love it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Call me a pumper...

Oct 10, 2012, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Call me a pumper... ]

I think its good for SC/CLEMSON to have this type of success...this type of a build up . Having said that ... the way to get past Spurrts running his Coot-hole about Clemson is to whip his tail in Death Valley on November 24th. Clemson's offense will need its best game of the season , because as much as it pains me to say , Sackerlina has a great , shut-down defense. Go Tigers!!!!!

Oct 11, 2012, 4:28 PM

So does FSU. NCST didn't score a ton of points on FSU. FSU's offense let them down. Even we knew that their offense wasn't very good. Our defense blew that game for us. Rest assure our O will score on the coots even with their D.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2012, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Call me a pumper... ]

:) Dabo took that with just a grain of salt and eased it back over into Spurpricks court. Classic!!!

Dabo is awesome!

Oct 10, 2012, 7:48 PM

I hope they are 11-0 when come to DV and lose!

Go Tigers!

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney trades jabs with Spurrier

Oct 10, 2012, 7:52 PM

As usual, Dabo is the class of the two, and I think that is what really eats at spurlid. It burns at his soul that he has wasted his talent at usuc, and his best way of trying to redirect the disappointment is to try to make cutesy, cutting remarks about Clemson. How sad he really must be inside, but he brought it on himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2012, 8:07 PM

> As usual, Dabo is the class of the two, and I think
> that is what really eats at spurlid. It burns at his
> soul that he has wasted his talent at usuc, and his
> best way of trying to redirect the disappointment is
> to try to make cutesy, cutting remarks about Clemson.
> How sad he really must be inside, but he brought it
> on himself.

If you think Spurrier is bothered about a "coach" who is 1-3 against him than I have some beachfront property I would like to sell you in Iowa....

Good for Dabo for trying to stick up for himself, it will just make number four in a row that much more entertaining.

Oct 10, 2012, 8:11 PM

It's amazing how many coots who creep around this site and give their opinions. I may be wrong, but I see Clemson fans being more concerned about who we are playing in the next game, not who we are playing at the end of the year.

Just goes to show you how obsessed they are with

Oct 10, 2012, 8:42 PM

Clemson. They are in the middle of their best season and all they can think and talk about is Clemson. It is like they want to prove something to big brother

Re: Just goes to show you how obsessed they are with

Oct 10, 2012, 9:21 PM

They are trying desperately to prove something to somebody, anybody who will listen. Always wanting to be included in the conversation, but never having enough substance to gain attention from anybody who matters. This year they really have a good FB team, but they still are dying for some degree of respect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2012, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Just goes to show you how obsessed they are with ]

Spurrier never mentioned Clemson University

Oct 11, 2012, 3:27 AM

If you are no smarter than that....you must be a real coot!

Oct 11, 2012, 7:37 AM

Yep! He is ignored. I won't waste time reading what someone with that mentality has to say. They bring nothing of interest to the conversation.

Oct 11, 2012, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Just goes to show you how obsessed they are with ]

dabo never mentioned usuc.

Oct 11, 2012, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Just goes to show you how obsessed they are with ]

yah there is no possible way that was directed at clemson

stupid coot

Oct 10, 2012, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Just goes to show you how obsessed they are with ]

I know, right? Did you watch Gameday with the sammy potkins sign behind Corso's head? I heard there were CU hate signs everywhere. Quite possibly the biggest game the '##### ever hosted, and all they can do is Clemson hate stuff? Classy stuff SCAR fans.

Go Tigers

Oct 11, 2012, 7:38 AM

They are what they are.

Oct 11, 2012, 9:15 AM

And what they are is TRASH. Smelly, stinky, diseased filled trash!!!

Oct 11, 2012, 9:32 AM

Well, I would say the world would be better without them. They bring nothing of substance to the conversation.

Oct 10, 2012, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney trades jabs with Spurrier ]

Yep! Little stephen has that same little man's complex his coach seems to have. I really feel sorry for them, but they made their beds in the crap, so let them wallow in it.

Oct 10, 2012, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney trades jabs with Spurrier ]

So, you're worried about playing "OPEN" this weekend?

Hello Blue Caddy

Oct 10, 2012, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney trades jabs with Spurrier ]

Masquerading again as Bigsteven34, huh?????

Cluck cluck cluck.BWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Re: Hello Blue Caddy

Oct 10, 2012, 9:17 PM

Yep! TU! He is an idiot, no matter what his current handle is. He makes a great coot, and it is a very fitting end to a very lackluster post.

Oct 11, 2012, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney trades jabs with Spurrier ]

how much you asking for that dump in Iowa?

Been better just to print today's harmless little quote

Oct 10, 2012, 7:54 PM

in fun and left it that.

A little Bye Week frustration, eh? ;)

Re: Been better just to print today's harmless little quote

Oct 10, 2012, 8:12 PM

I really don't think Dabo has any control over what the writers write. Nor does he try and control what they write. Maybe spurrier could learn something from the younger coach. And that's leave the writing to the writers without having them fired for saying what they believe. spurrier, he's so funny and a prick at the same time.

I love Dabo!!***

Oct 10, 2012, 7:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On November 24th Death Valley will be THE LOUDEST EVAR!!!******

Oct 10, 2012, 7:58 PM

Glad to see a little back and forth on this. This kind of

Oct 10, 2012, 7:59 PM

stuff is what makes rivalries great.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need 80,000 tiger orange tiger rags..pleeeaazzzeee***

Oct 10, 2012, 8:04 PM

Re: We need 80,000 tiger orange tiger rags..pleeeaazzzeee***

Oct 10, 2012, 8:27 PM

Maybe 75,000 will be enough because, 5,000 real Tiger fans will sell their tickets to coots to make a FEW dollars. But, if you sell your ticket to coots for any amount, you're no kind of a Clemson fan. I'm a poor man that don't have much. And if I had 50 tickets, a coot couldn't buy one for any price. The last time we played the coots in DV. There were a lot of coots cheering them on from every section. That was b/c Tigers sold our home field advantage. Sad but true!!!

Oct 10, 2012, 9:31 PM

Sad but true. I will give my tickets to tiger fans before selling to coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Oct 10, 2012, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: We need 80,000 tiger orange tiger rags..pleeeaazzzeee*** ]

No doubt. I am a orange bleeding CU fan. However, I must admit, Williams Lice (:)) was electric, what with those swirling towels and everything. I was a bit envious. No way was that crowd, hanging from every conceivable spot, exits, stairwells and all, gonna let the '##### lose. I hope we are every bit as fanatic during the rest of our home games.

Oct 11, 2012, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: We need 80,000 tiger orange tiger rags..pleeeaazzzeee*** ]

I wish I could give you 50 TU's. I have sat by an empty seat on many occasions so I wouldn't have to sit by a coot. They are so low class.

Oct 11, 2012, 8:57 AM

+1+1

Oct 12, 2012, 11:15 PM

Back at ya!

Fun stuff. CU had Death Valley 40 yrs B4 LSU. SCar not USC

Oct 10, 2012, 8:31 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Stadium_(LSU)#Testimonials
In the 1980s, a reporter called [LSU's] Tiger Stadium "DEAF Valley," as a play on words relating to Clemson's "Death Valley," which was coined as such in the 1940s by an opposing coach.

Bleacher Report says ranks our Death Valley is best.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1145292-power-ranking-all-124-college-football-stadiums#/articles/1145292-power-ranking-all-124-college-football-stadiums/page/125

"SCAR" is the standard abbreviation for Univ. of South Carolina that everybody else in the country uses. Everybody else in the country knows that "USC" is the University of Southern California.

Re: Fun stuff. CU had Death Valley 40 yrs B4 LSU. SCar not USC

Oct 10, 2012, 8:55 PM

South Carolina was a university before California was a state, so by your logic, South Carolina should be the real USC. Yes, Clemson's stadium was called "Death Valley" first, but just like the rest of the nation, they think of Death Valley in LSU and USC in California. You can't have it both ways. It is either which was founded first, or how the rest of the nation views it. If Clemson is the "real" Death Valley because it was "sounded" first, the you should concede that South Carolina is the real "USC". You have no grounds to argue, pick one way to look at it

Eh. I've never heard a national pundit intentionally

Oct 10, 2012, 8:58 PM

or accidentally refer to Clemson's stadium as Memorial Stadium. It's always been Death Valley. So theirs is because it was first AND everyone knows it as Death Valley. SC's is simply because Everyone KNOWS Southern Cal as USC.

Not entirely. USC was established as a permanent University

Oct 10, 2012, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Fun stuff. CU had Death Valley 40 yrs B4 LSU. SCar not USC ]

in 1880, while the South Carolina College became a University in 1866, it lost that status a few years later and didn't regain it until the early 20th century.

From wikipedia: In 1906, the institution was rechartered for the final time as the University of South Carolina.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is FALSE

Oct 10, 2012, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Fun stuff. CU had Death Valley 40 yrs B4 LSU. SCar not USC ]

One of the biggest lies told: "South Carolina was a university before California was a state"

South Carolina was a college, but didn't permanently achieve university status until 1906.

You set up a false dichotomy based on things I didn't say!

Oct 10, 2012, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Fun stuff. CU had Death Valley 40 yrs B4 LSU. SCar not USC ]

I didn't say that LSU's stadium shouldn't be called "Death Valley"-- any more than I said that only one college football team should be allowed to be "Tigers". I just said that Clemson's Memorial Stadium has been called "Death Valley" for 40 years longer than LSU's Tiger Stadium. That's just a fact. Most college football fans know both teams to be "Tigers" and both stadiums to be called "Death Valley".

I didn't say that a school should get first rights to a desired nickname based on establishment date of an institution. I said that there's nationwide standardized abbreviation. You can call SCar "USC" if you want, and you can call a dog a cat, but you'll be misunderstood by most Americans.

Re: You set up a false dichotomy based on things I didn't say!

Oct 11, 2012, 8:05 AM

Razz,

You just got a TU on that one.

You think that idiot knows what a dichotomy is?***

Oct 11, 2012, 8:45 AM [ in reply to You set up a false dichotomy based on things I didn't say! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: You think that idiot knows what a dichotomy is?***

Oct 11, 2012, 9:33 AM

Astute remark. TU!

Re: You set up a false dichotomy based on things I didn't say!

Oct 11, 2012, 9:07 AM [ in reply to You set up a false dichotomy based on things I didn't say! ]

Out side of South Carolina, no one knows usuc as usc. Just like my wife is from North Carolina. When I would say how much I hated Carolina, she thought I was talking about UNCheat.

Nice job with the Smack Down.

Oct 11, 2012, 11:21 AM [ in reply to You set up a false dichotomy based on things I didn't say! ]

"never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Fun stuff. CU had Death Valley 40 yrs B4 LSU. SCar not USC

Oct 11, 2012, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Fun stuff. CU had Death Valley 40 yrs B4 LSU. SCar not USC ]

The 'Bleacher Report' rating of stadiums seems about right. As Dabo said, "there is no place like Death Valley South Carolina!"

Love the spirit of both coaches

Oct 10, 2012, 8:44 PM

Nm

Re: Love the spirit of both coaches

Oct 11, 2012, 12:26 AM

love winning more

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: We need 80,000 tiger orange tiger rags..pleeeaazzzeee***

Oct 10, 2012, 8:52 PM

I seriously hope anyone who is a big enough fan to be on tigernet, would never EVER sell their tickets to a coot

Oct 10, 2012, 9:12 PM

Just two multi-millionares trading banter ~ they could care less about the dialogue. Ultimately, it's all about stoking the fan base for an over-hyped intra-state rivalry game. Sure, they care who wins the game, but it only lingers for a week or two unless they are on a losing streak. With that said, Dabo probably senses an urgency about this year's game, but he's got to focus on the immediate task at hand.

Oct 10, 2012, 9:33 PM

Best way to respond to OBS. Classy jab back.

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Oct 11, 2012, 8:08 AM

I don't think Dabo's was a jab. It was more of a "right cross" to the chin, and down goes spurlid.

Dabo is not quoted accurately.

Oct 10, 2012, 10:00 PM

He does not say, "He (Spurrier) will say anything when he is winning." He says, "You can say anything when you are winning."

but spurrier want believe everything that is told to him

Oct 11, 2012, 5:08 PM

will he?

OBS floats like a dust fart, stings like Preparation H.***

Oct 10, 2012, 10:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

funny TU4u***

Oct 11, 2012, 1:34 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

ESecPN

Oct 10, 2012, 11:05 PM

ESPN is obsessed with the SEC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdErEwPUm2o&feature=youtu.be

More exciting than many movie trailers...***

Oct 11, 2012, 12:14 AM

Re: ESecPN

Oct 11, 2012, 8:14 AM [ in reply to ESecPN ]

I will say the coots have earned their day in the sun. It has been a very, very, very, very long time coming, and I hope it is an even longer time before it comes again. That said, ESecheatPN is getting their money's worth and are hyping it to the hilt. They have bought a great football conference, and they are proud of their investment. It's up to the rest of us to make their investment a poor choice. I hope that happens soon.

Oct 11, 2012, 12:01 AM

Sell tickets to the Sackerlina game in Death Valley .... to Coots ? I would spit in the face of anyone suggesting heresy .

1st Death Valley vs Deaf Valley

Oct 11, 2012, 6:49 AM

"Although LSU's Tiger Stadium was constructed nearly 20 years earlier, the "Death Valley" nickname was first applied to Clemson's Memorial Stadium in reference to Howard's Rock, which was plucked for the dessert sands of the actual Death Valley in California.

LSU's use of the nickname came along quite by accident. In a tongue-in-cheek reference to Clemson Memorial's nickname, LSU supporters began referring to their stadium as "Deaf Valley", due to the magnificent volume levels produced within.

Unfortunately, this creativity was lost on television commentators, newspaper men, and, yep, a lot of us football fans alike, and after years of incorrectly referring to both as "Death Valley", the nickname stuck in Baton Rouge as well."

Blame CU for part of the ticket game

Oct 11, 2012, 7:11 AM

Promoting (and probably benefitting $$$$$) StubHub. It's all about easy $$$$$$.

Talk about Panic...

Oct 11, 2012, 7:48 AM

I read the Subject too quickly, and thought it said "Swinney trades jobs with Spurrier".

Glad that wasn't the case. No way would I make that trade. I like where we are headed now. Hopefully we make the same kind of improvements on Defense that we have made on Offense lately.

I love this!!! I think we should show those players...

Oct 11, 2012, 9:15 AM

...where the real Death Valley is when they roll up in here on November 24th!

Go Tigers!

added spurrier's video

Oct 11, 2012, 11:05 AM

added spurrier's video

Oct 11, 2012, 1:56 PM

If you can believe what I have read on more than 1 occasion, LSU's stadium was originally called Deaf Valley because the crowd noise was so bad. Somehow, that got corrupted into Death Valley. The fact is, Clemson was the first to have a stadium referred to as Death Valley.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 69
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic