Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney surprised by 2012 and 2013 offensive comparisons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Swinney surprised by 2012 and 2013 offensive comparisons

Oct 23, 2013, 8:23 PM

Swinney surprised by 2012 and 2013 offensive comparisons

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said Wednesday evening that he asked Clemson SID Tim Bourret to compare the 2012 and 2013 offense, and he was surprised when Bourret brought back the results. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its 2013.. i dont give a rats butt how it compares

Oct 23, 2013, 8:49 PM

to last year. We played the 2013 FSU team on saturday with our 2013 team. I know many will say i'm just trying to pick apart everything Dabo does. Well, he makes it so #### easy. It seems to me just another attack on the people who are questing him and he just wanted something to throw in our faces to get any heat off of himself. Maybe he needs to ask TB to do a comparision of our records from 2013 and the 2000 team at this point or the 1981 team at this point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its 2013.. i dont give a rats butt how it compares

Oct 23, 2013, 9:01 PM

I used to be like you dude. Life completely revolved around this stuff. Take it from someone who's been in your shoes; LIGHTEN UP and learn to enjoy the few Saturdays a year that we get to be entertained by the team we love. And contrary to your protesting, Dabo has elevated the program beyond where it was when he took over. If you expect a national title or ACC title every year you're being unrealistic. Honestly, if Dabo can win the ACC once every 4 to 5 years, beat the chickens more often than not, (which hasn't happened...yet)and at least get to a bowl in the "off years" I think that's pretty #### good. Might I make a suggestion for alleviating your "stress"?? In 2010 after the Bowden years and Dabo's worst season so far, I realized that I had become one of those unrealistic, cynical fans, and I realized how unhealthy it was & is, so I walked away from it all. Haven't been to a CU game since 2010. Wouldn't you know it; they've done nothing but win and win big since then, and I'll be ###### if I'm going to "jinx" it by going back. Maybe if it brings you such misery, you should consider watching from the couch too?

Oct 23, 2013, 9:20 PM

I'm trying. I really am trying to not let it ruin my week after loses. I've come along ways but still have a long way to go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2013, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Its 2013.. i dont give a rats butt how it compares ]

I'm with you but I thought we were past these blow out disappointing losses but we are not. I could have accepted a 7 or 10 point loss to a very good FSU team but we didnt even show up like the orange bowl disaster. The fans deserve more than to be embarrassed on national tv again like that. We have to get over this hump. Dabo has made hhuge improvements but please can we just show up for every game? The Maryland game will tell us alot. Will CU come out mad and take out thier frustrations on Maryland or will they come out like they have nothing to play for? My bet is they come out mad as ####!

Oct 23, 2013, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Its 2013.. i dont give a rats butt how it compares ]

Well said!!!

So you don't like facts***

Oct 23, 2013, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Its 2013.. i dont give a rats butt how it compares ]

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney surprised by 2012 and 2013 offensive comparisons

Oct 23, 2013, 9:01 PM

Next big game you have don't run down the hill, have hundreds of ballons and ride buses around the stadium.
Just be on the field ready to play ball,focused and determined.The whole country wants Clemson to win the big one and you keep playing like winnies,when is it going to end.

Well I am glad Dabo has found a way to feel good

Oct 23, 2013, 9:02 PM

Well I am glad Dabo has found a way to feel good about coaching the most embarrassing game in Clemson football history. Then again, I guess it's his job to sugarcoat the s hit pile he has created

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Until we stop setting negative records under Dabo...

Oct 23, 2013, 9:09 PM

I'm not sure he has any room for leniency.

1) worst bowl loss
2) worst home loss
3) worst # of losses in arrow to the coots?

A shocking win here and there cannot make up for these negative records he keeps setting!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Until we stop setting negative records under Dabo...

Oct 23, 2013, 9:27 PM

Could we start by not getting blown out at home and in major bowl games.

you say that like it's a regular thing under Dabo***

Oct 23, 2013, 10:24 PM

Oct 23, 2013, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Until we stop setting negative records under Dabo... ]

Our players need to step up. Take charge x's and o's set it up but players got to execute.

Oct 24, 2013, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Until we stop setting negative records under Dabo... ]

> I'm not sure he has any room for leniency.
>
> 1) worst bowl loss
> 2) worst home loss
> 3) worst # of losses in arrow to the coots?
>
> A shocking win here and there cannot make up for
> these negative records he keeps setting!

You need to get your facts straight, not the worst home loss, NC State beat CU in 1975 45 to 7 in Death Valley.
In 1951, 1952,1953,1954, Clemson lost to South Carolina.

So you get 1 out of three correct, you don't know crap, boy.

Oct 24, 2013, 7:38 AM

I had a question mark on the coot losing record because if we don't beat them this year, it will set that record too. Dabo has just tied it so far.

So the second worst home loss (by 1 point). My bad.

You coots are really worried about Dabo. Worry about

Oct 24, 2013, 4:16 PM

SOS, you will feel worse and have a lot more to worry about. LOL!!!

Oct 24, 2013, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Until we stop setting negative records under Dabo... ]

I think we lost 55-14 against Texas Tech in a bowl under Bowden as well...so make that 0-3.

Oct 24, 2013, 11:09 AM

and syracuse beat us 41-0 in the gator bowl

Oct 24, 2013, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Until we stop setting negative records under Dabo... ]

I do not care how bad we lose to good teams, i do not want to lose.... Dabo has not lost to a bad team this year... a few years ago we lost to Duke, the only ACC game they had won in years. Another year we lost to wake badly and beat FSU the next week. I want to win... by 1 point or 20 does not matter....

Re: Well I am glad Dabo has found a way to feel good

Oct 24, 2013, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Well I am glad Dabo has found a way to feel good ]

I have not been embarrassed by this team. I was embarrassed by hatfield's team, they quit on the field, I have not seen that from this team. They played hard till the end of the game last Saturday.
When someone kicks FSU's butt like they kicked ours then maybe my opinion will change but so far they have kicked the butts of everyone they have played.
A few years ago, we played Alabama in Atlanta, and I was embarrassed but that Alabama team lost one game that year in the SEC Championship game to NC Florida Gators. This FUS team may not lose a game..... Till they do we do not know how good they are!

Re: Well I am glad Dabo has found a way to feel good

Oct 24, 2013, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Well I am glad Dabo has found a way to feel good ]

No,that was the orange Bowl. I know, I know, I have tried to erase it from my memory as well

Dabo should stop making these Bowdenesque rationalizations.***

Oct 23, 2013, 9:24 PM

Oct 23, 2013, 9:48 PM

It's amazing how many people have negative things to say that have never played football or any other sport and all they do is "couch coach". There is no way that you can deny that the program is the best it has been in years under Dabo. Yes, this past weekend was a bad game, but it was a bad day for many top 10 teams across the country. If you really bleed orange and are a true tiger, shut up and support through the good and bad! We are still in the top ten with plenty of games left. Show some support for the team and not for stupid complaints that you wouldn't know how to improve. Unless you have been in the position of the team or any of the coaches, zip your lips!

Oct 23, 2013, 10:17 PM

What a bunch of crybabies,if you think that you were disappointed think how Dabo and the players must feel,you win with your team and you lose with your team it's called sportsmanship.These guys have 5 games left and I will be there to support them win or lose. GO TIGERS

Just keeping it real...

Oct 24, 2013, 4:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney surprised by 2012 and 2013 offensive comparisons ]

I get that Dabo needs to keep things I perspective for the guys still charged with playing out the season and they really do have a lot on the table to play for, however, it needs to be tempered with the facts that until we stop some very bad habits, the fans and critics are not gonna be sunshine pumpers.

And yes, I played football and basketball. I know it isn't easy and you also have ups and downs and downs like this are tough to endure. No one hates what happened more than the coaches and the players. I can assure you of that. We just watch. They pay the price almost every day to win and when they lose ugly, it is a ### moment of grand proportions for them. I get that too.

Venables has the right attitude. There ain't no sugar coating this one. So why even try.

Oct 24, 2013, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney surprised by 2012 and 2013 offensive comparisons ]

AMEN brother!!!!!!Some people would complain if we went 13-0 and beat the New England Patriots in the process. I guess the unrealistic idea's that the coaches and players can be perfect, never will that happen for anyone.

these replies

Oct 25, 2013, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney surprised by 2012 and 2013 offensive comparisons ]

Dabo is paid to perform we (I) pay and expect not to see a national embarrassment. Maybe you've spent your life settling on mediocrity, but I expect more than a record-breaking choke-fest on national TV. That is what Dabo delivers (2 so far!!), ask people outside of SC what their impression of Clemson football is and you'll see.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 23, 2013, 10:25 PM

A blowout at home to a team you're supposed to have a chance against is Humiliating just don't make it worse by rationalizing. I live near Tallahassee and their fans have been pretty good. They all thought it would be allot better game.

Oct 24, 2013, 3:37 PM

dabo and david hood seem to conspire a lot. remember who ask the question that got dabo going on the rant? also hood told other reporters to be sure to be at presser something big was going to happen. uum! im just saying.

Why am I not consoled?

Oct 24, 2013, 7:41 AM

QB goes brain dead and the entire offense follows. QB plays well and the...

Is that the way it's supposed to be?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why am I not consoled?

Oct 24, 2013, 8:11 AM

I would like to see Tajh's head in the game, like it was earlier this season! Are we not utilizing the help of the sports psychologist on staff? It works for Alabama....sports psychology is a huge part of their program.

My definition of bright spot...

Oct 24, 2013, 9:41 AM

is NOT that we are 7 games into the season and not playing our best on the field. Tends to lead to losses. I mean, if there were a big playoff at the end of the season, I would probably agree.

And yes, I do understand that if it can get better rather than stay the same or worse, that's good, so don't waste time explaining that to me. My point is that we need to be playing our best when the season starts and getting even better throughout. Especially in the case where "best" is defined as not making huge mental errors.

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

I hope this doesn't mean....

Oct 24, 2013, 12:37 PM

we are expecting overtime at Maryland !!

Oct 24, 2013, 12:52 PM

If we had lost 24-21, none of these conversations would be taking place.

Oct 24, 2013, 4:33 PM

Agree!

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic