Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Rodriguez hopes his story serves as an inspiration
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Rodriguez hopes his story serves as an inspiration

Aug 1, 2012, 1:36 PM

Rodriguez hopes his story serves as an inspiration

Daniel Rodriguez suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and he said Wednesday that he has used sports as his therapy. He also hopes his story can become inspiration not only to his teammates, but to others to follow their dreams. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This kid is as impressive as it gets!!!!!

Aug 1, 2012, 1:41 PM

This kid is unbelievable! He will make a difference to this football team. Another great move by Coach Swinney!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This kid is as impressive as it gets!!!!!

Aug 1, 2012, 5:22 PM

You are absolutely correct. I think one thing its going to bring is the inspiration and motivation to a younger team. He might not bring leadership from game time experience, but he'll bring leadership from a veteran experience. Motivation and Morale are a necessity in any branch of the military. He's been in the toughest of situations so he knows how to motivate and how to improve morale. Hopefully we'll see that upgrade in the team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Rodriguez hopes his story serves as an inspriration

Aug 1, 2012, 1:58 PM

How can you not just have tremendous respect for this young man?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 1, 2012, 2:05 PM

This young man is very impressive! He will make a huge difference on this team even if he never plays a down, although I expect him to be a head hunter on special teams.

Aug 1, 2012, 2:31 PM

I have pictured him as the special teams captain.

Maybe a stretch, but I think it would be cool for him and ONLY him to run down the hill on Military Appreciation Day...against the school that somewhat spurned him, Virginia Tech.

Aug 2, 2012, 2:11 AM

I love this guy! I would take him over Kendall Fuller any day of the week! See you in the Valley hoakie biotches!!!!

Aug 1, 2012, 2:15 PM

You got a school that's d@mn proud to be a part of you...

his attitude and maturity is amazing to me, i understand he

Aug 1, 2012, 2:46 PM

isn't a kid fresh out of high school but he also is mature beyond his years.

Re: his attitude and maturity is amazing to me, i understand he

Aug 1, 2012, 3:12 PM

Impossible to go through what's he's been through and come out immature.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: his attitude and maturity is amazing to me, i understand he

Aug 1, 2012, 5:49 PM [ in reply to his attitude and maturity is amazing to me, i understand he ]

Being in the military straight out of high school makes you grow up. Where most kids go to college or go to work, party for the most part and have little responsibilities if any. Those of us that join HAVE to grow up quickly as having tremendous responsibilities compared to college kids. Then add what he has went through, he has to be more grown up then most his age.

When you're an infantryman

Aug 1, 2012, 7:05 PM [ in reply to his attitude and maturity is amazing to me, i understand he ]

and your job, whether in the Marine Corps or Army, is to locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver, you mature really fast. when you've hunted the enemy and had the enemy hunt you, things in life straighten out for you even faster. You cannot go through that hell, see buddies blown apart, see buddies maimed, lose limbs, get wounded, and be immature. this kid is a man among kids.......a warrior. His presence and impact will be huge for us. those of us who have beat the bush in Afghanistan as grunts and are infantrymen know what he's been through. It was kill or be killed over there and he made it home. I guarantee you that he's no different than the rest of us.....happy he woke up this morning and ready to hit the field and play like someone's trying to take something from him. he reeks of leadership and it's an honor for us to have him even around the team.

Re: When you're an infantryman

Aug 2, 2012, 2:15 AM

Totally agreed! I went to Afghanistan and it was hell! I totally understand what he went through, and I have total respect for him. Couldn't ask for a better addition to this team!

Aug 1, 2012, 2:49 PM

He is an incredible young man!!! Clemson is more PROUD to have you as a Tiger!!!! So proud of Dabo for taking a chance on this guy - no doubt that he will add so much to the team!! Pulling for you all the way Daniel!!!

I can't imagine how freakin' loud it's going to be...

Aug 1, 2012, 3:00 PM

...when he runs down the hill holding THE flag prior to military appreciation day against VA Tech. It is going to be un-freakin-real!

Glad and honored to have Rodriquez on our team, and I hope he finds a starting role somewhere!

I want to buy his jersey--

Aug 1, 2012, 3:10 PM

With HIS name on the back!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just want to shake his hand.

Aug 1, 2012, 3:13 PM

And thank him. And buy him a beer.

I want to take a dump on his car and apologize for it.***

Aug 1, 2012, 9:17 PM

I've done that...

Aug 1, 2012, 11:39 PM [ in reply to I just want to shake his hand. ]

well, I didn't buy him a beer. But one day I was walking around the West end of the stadium making pictures and he drove up on his scooter so I introduced myself to him and welcomed him to Clemson. He's a really nice guy, at least from the times I've encountered him.

Rodriguez Photos

Aug 1, 2012, 3:17 PM

What's the deal with the gas mask? Why put that picture on here with no explanation?

Re: Rodriguez Photos

Aug 1, 2012, 3:18 PM

really. lmao.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2012, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Rodriguez Photos ]

Try running with one of those suckers on.

Re: Looks like he's running the stadium wearing the mask

Aug 1, 2012, 7:03 PM

Man! D-Rod is da man!!

Running is abt 10 times harder...

Aug 1, 2012, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Rodriguez Photos ]

Goes to show, he's not playing around.

Aug 1, 2012, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Rodriguez Photos ]

Harder to breathe, so it builds endurance and lung capacity. Like swinging a heavy bat before stepping into the batter's box.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang in there Daniel. Visit those mountains that you

Aug 1, 2012, 5:23 PM

can see from Death Valley - may the peace they bring in contrast to those you have known light your path in dealing with PTSD.

Aug 1, 2012, 6:43 PM

It is already a great season! It is one thing to have talent on the field, it is another to have a hero. I pray he sleeps well and lives life large.

I wonder how much of the Clemson media beat played HS ball?***

Aug 1, 2012, 6:58 PM

i've never rooted harder for a kid in my life.....

Aug 1, 2012, 6:59 PM

some of us know of what he speaks....and some of us use it to fuel our passion for life and to never ever take anything for granted because we woke up this morning, a lot of our brothers did not. They will always be in our hearts because we shared hardship, pain and shed blood with them in foreign lands and nobody will ever know that closeness. If he can get the team to follow a tenth of the brotherhood that he's familiar with we'll be on to something. Football isn't war, not by a long shot, but the unity and brotherhood you have when you are hunting the enemy and the enemy is hunting you can be duplicated in a small way in a football locker room. I hope like hell this kid plays four years for us and rubs off on every single one of them, 1 star to 5 star studs.....they can learn a hell of a lot from this warrior, not the least of which is how a sense of entitlement and selfishness is garbage and how a true team of brothers cannot ever be beaten in life or on a field. You may have been in the Army, brother, but you're a combat vet and this Marine grunt says Semper Fidelis and GO TIGERS.

I never post but.....................

Aug 1, 2012, 9:05 PM

After watching his interview, I must say he is a grown man who will represent our University with first class values. I would love to meet him and just shake his hand. I hope during Military Appr Day, everyone chants his name before he runs down the hill. He deserves this chance as we deserve to have him. Thanks for choosing Clemson and WE all wish you the best ride for the next 2-3 years.

Yep, On Military Appreciation Day

Aug 1, 2012, 11:52 PM

this Tiger should lead the team down the hill while holding the American flag. Now that will make national sporting news!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't help but admire this young man

Aug 2, 2012, 12:02 AM

To take something as horrible and grotesque as war, and just to be able to transform it into something so positive, and to take the mindset of "I'm gonna help these guys to better themselves not only athletically but in life itself." not just football. I just, I have no words. We all need to take note...

Aug 2, 2012, 12:41 AM

great story and seems like an exceptional young man.

He will make a great head coach one day

Aug 2, 2012, 2:25 AM

Obviously a leader wise beyond his years.

He will make a great head coach one day

Aug 2, 2012, 2:25 AM

Obviously a leader wise beyond his years.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic