Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Rod McDowell overcomes adversity to stake a claim as a starter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,627

Front Page Story: Rod McDowell overcomes adversity to stake a claim as a starter

Apr 1, 2013, 11:16 AM

Rod McDowell overcomes adversity to stake a claim as a starter

Clemson running back Rod McDowell was born with clubfoot, and endured multiple surgeries as child. Facing a final surgery - one that meant he would might never run again - his mother made the decision to not have the surgery, and now McDowell has a claim on the starting spot at running back. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's paid his dues and his time is now

Apr 1, 2013, 11:26 AM

Hearing this story is a blessing and he just became one of my favorite players on the team.

I usually don't read stories like this because

Apr 1, 2013, 12:21 PM

we'll have Mike Patrick call at least 5 games for us this year. He doesn't do any new research for his games so I'll mute it part of the way through every story he tells. That way, every game I get a new piece of the story.

Wow what a great story. I had no idea? Rod is my new fav***

Apr 1, 2013, 1:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Wow what a great story. I had no idea? Rod is my new fav***

Apr 2, 2013, 7:30 PM

God bless him. He looks like he's been spending some time in the weight room, looking more like a fireplug,
with power, speed, and a low center of gravity. Some of the sluggards on the team should adopt him as a role model.

Re: Front Page Story: Rod McDowell overcomes adversity to stake a claim as a starter

Apr 1, 2013, 4:28 PM

Anybody remember the move he put on that defender last year? The guy is still looking for his jock. That was the absolute best move I've seen since CJ made the GT studs look like rookies. Freakin' awesome.

Your time has come young man!!

Apr 1, 2013, 5:03 PM

On August 31st, you will have 80,000 plus Orange clad fans cheering for YOU to shine!!

Embrace it Hod Rod because Tiger Nation has faith in you to be successful.

And we are proud of you #25!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Rod McDowell overcomes adversity to stake a claim as a starter

Apr 1, 2013, 5:34 PM

Good for you, Hot Rod. That attitude will carry you even farther in life than you will carry the ball for Clemson this year! (And that's a long way!) And thanks for spreading your message - it means more to young people than you know.

Apr 1, 2013, 8:46 PM

Very inspirational, you are living proof that Pray Changes Things. A living Testimony for (ALL)-IN! Blessing to a Great Season Rod and Tigers.

Run Rod-dy! Run! Come on Rod-dy! Yew can dew it!***

Apr 2, 2013, 9:36 AM

Apr 2, 2013, 11:12 AM

The little guy he's talking about in this story is my son, Hunter Brogdon. I reached out to Rod after hearing about his struggles w a very similar lower leg deformity as Hunter. Roderick did not hesitate to come and surprise Hunter at lunch the very same week I contacted him. He stayed with Hunter for over an hour. Put his jersey on him, and even took Hunter and his buddies outside to throw the football! Roderick has stayed in contact with Hunter after the visit. We've always been diehard Tigers, but Roderick brought us to a whole other level! He truly is an amazingly classy young man. He'll always have true fans and friends in Sumter. We've got his back all the way!!!

Why would a doctor recommend surgery to never-walk-again?.

Apr 2, 2013, 1:37 PM

I don't know anything about club-foot, but I don't understand why a doctor would recommend surgery that would cause you to never walk again. Maybe he meant there would have been a risk (not a certainty) of that? If anybody is knowledgeable about it, could you explain?

Re: Why would a doctor recommend surgery to never-walk-again?.

Apr 2, 2013, 1:41 PM

I sure wondered about this also???? I have never heard of anything even close to that!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2013, 6:07 PM

After talking with Roxanne (Rod's mother) at length about my son's impending surgery, she explained to me that Roderick had two corrective surgeries (as well as braces and casts) to correct his clubfoot. None of them helped. The doctor wanted to do a 3rd and final surgery for correction, and warned them if they did not go through with the 3rd surgery,he'd face the possibility of never walking or running again due to the severity of the deformity. Roxanne prayed,and talked to her brother about it. They agreed that he was just the way God made him, and that through him, nothing is impossible. She said Roderick is a living testimony, as is my son. I couldn't agree more.

Apr 2, 2013, 7:37 PM

Man that is absolutely inspirational. I hope Rod has a
major breakout year.

Thanks. The article indicates 3rd sugery would cripple him.***

Apr 3, 2013, 5:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Why would a doctor recommend surgery to never-walk-again?. ]

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,627
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic